[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cop Siren for OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I run LFS on my macbook pro using a version of what is essentially wine (software called Crossover). I've attempted to use all 3 of the siren programs on the downloads page using both Crossover and wine itself. While the applications open and appear to function as intended, they do not produce the desired keystrokes (either in LFS or in a text editor, etc.), presumably due to wine somehow sandboxing the process in order for the .exe to run on the mac.

Anyway, the gist of my question is if anyone knows a way I can operate a similar script on OS X. I looked into AppleScript and couldn't really figure out how to make it do what I want it to do.

If not, would it be possible for me to use the [cop] tags and simply hold down the horn (bound to a button on my wheel which I can hold while driving) and have the hazards and high beams on for a siren? I'm hoping that the answer to this is yes - the insim and audible sirens are much more noticeable than the flashers anyway. But I wanted to check.

Best,
Jester
Hi,

Although it isn't direct assistance for your problem in question. I'd just thought I would advise you that your hazard lights turned on in a chase is the very bare minimum you need. Personally, I only use the siren when approaching a lot of traffic, or a piecer horn at any junctions (or anything safety critical).
Ah - excellent. I'm not really expecting anyone to be running LFS on OS X so this was probably the more important question. Glad I'll still be able to use the [cop] tags if I can't get any of these working.

Thanks for the reply!
This thread is from 2014, please do not bump threads that haven't had new posts in more than 30 days.
Reference URL's