[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: very suprised with the ban (Ban Reduced by BoyPower)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My username: Si©On

The person's username is: [COP] Likvern•
Real LFS name is: eivind_enl

This is the link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t1vz...vKpwH782Qw

Let me know if you cannot open the file or download it.

If you go to 1:12:57 and click on my username to spec me, you will see the incident.
this happened yesterday at 21:30 30/01/2014.
I agree with your feedback. I was quite annoyed having to talk to an immature user who was the cop who dealt with my query regarding the chase being a draw. I would accept my way of dealing with an immature person in an immature way was just doing the same as he did. I just think your ban of 365 days is excessive and this should be reconsidered. I do agree based on my comments in the game a ban would be fair, just for less then a year. Hopefully you can see where I am coming from. I don't agree with the way the cop handled the situation. He should be given a ban aswell. Likewise for less then a year. It should be fairly done.

Thanks for taking the time to review the situation.
I have moved your thread to Unban requests. Before i notify the admin and review this, please edit your post with this template:

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2
I don't want to be unbanned. Only reducing the ban.
All of the details from this incident which happened yesterday at 21:30 are still on the front screen of user reporting.so you do have all of the information including names and timestamp and the full video.
(2014-01-31 14:11)sicon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to be unbanned. Only reducing the ban.

Before we will take this further, edit your post in the shown template.
Only after that i will notify the admin that has issued the ban.
Everything else will be between you and him, i will not nor can i reduce or unban you.
I have redone my post, can you let me know if you need anything else to proceed?
Thank You, i have notified the admin that banned you. He will reply soon.
Thank you.
Quote:I was quite annoyed having to talk to an immature user who was the cop who dealt with my query regarding the chase being a draw. I would accept my way of dealing with an immature person in an immature way was just doing the same as he did. I just think your ban of 365 days is excessive and this should be reconsidered. I do agree based on my comments in the game a ban would be fair, just for less then a year. Hopefully you can see where I am coming from.

He wasn't immature. The only immature person here was you. 365 may seem excessive to you, but I take disrespect, bullying, harassment and threats very seriously.

Quote:I don't agree with the way the cop handled the situation. He should be given a ban aswell.

No. That would certainly be unjustified. I didn't fine him as a punishment, but more to do with the fact I deemed the fine you were issued a little bit unfair given the circumstances. In my opinion, he should have refunded the fine because the outcome of the chase was ultimately determined by the user who towed the cop. (The initial incident was caused by the same user also). But all that is largely irrelevant now. You've got your money back already.

This is about you and how you broke the rules and stepped the line. What you did could easily be classed as bullying even though it may not seem like it - it's bullying because you were repeatedly insulting him in the hope that he refunds you. We mustn't forget about this too, which are perhaps the worst comments of all:

Quote:2014-01-30 19:54:56 UTC Montana sicon Si©On : eivind_enl - I will remember this
2014-01-30 19:54:38 UTC Montana sicon Si©On : Likvern• - of you yeah
2014-01-30 19:54:28 UTC Montana eivind_enl Likvern• : Si©On - take care =)
[...]
2014-01-30 19:52:00 UTC Montana sicon Si©On : Likvern• - I hope someone in your family gets hurt

NOTE: For reference, eivind_enl is the cop's username.

The above can be seen as threatening comments - and this ultimately went along with all the other abusive/offensive remarks (not limited to the below):

Quote:2014-01-30 19:52:38 UTC Montana sicon Si©On : Likvern• - your a stupid person, tiny brain
2014-01-30 19:33:50 UTC Montana sicon Si©On : [COP] Likvern• - you can have it, you shit you prob need it more then me
2014-01-30 19:33:27 UTC Montana sicon Si©On : [COP] Likvern• - your just a retart [we all know what this means but, ironically, you spelled it wrong]

NOTE: For reference, "Removed" = the S word.

The comments you made were unacceptable and if you were making them to me I would not be at all happy or comfortable.

I can't make a decision right now whether I want to reduce your ban or not, but here are a list of things which I am considering:
  • You've been in the community for longer than me - you've been around since 2007. I'm sure "Respect other players" has been a rule even from then.
  • The fact he was not abusive to you yet you persisted with your abuse doesn't help your situation.
  • Given the fact you completely ignored the abuse in your report (didn't own up or anything, which probably would have helped you) shows to me that you're not entirely honest.
  • The only thing you're fixated on in this request is that a.) you were fined wrongly (resolved) and b.) he's immature (and deserves a ban too!) You do not actually seem sorry that you said all these things to him, but rather the length of your ban.
  • One thing that does save you is that you don't seem to be much trouble in general, but that does not excuse any of the above.

I'll reconsider the ban length later tonight because I want to think about it.
Ok, I do agree those comments were a bit much, as you said yourself, I'm never in trouble this just really annoyed me the way he disregarded my comments/opinion.

I do want to formally say I am sorry for saying the comments above to this user, after all it is only a game and I have no intention of doing or saying anything further to the cop. You have reviewed the situation and that's good enough to me.

In future I need to just say I think it's unfair and then go through the official forum instead of saying silly comments.

I didn't mention the comments, as I knew they would be seen in the video.
As you said, maybe I really should have mentioned it either way.

I would appriciate if you reconsider the ban, if the cop would accept it, I would pay him compensation of 1,000 for being unreasonable to him. This will never happen again to him or any other cop or normal player.

I do regret what happened, I was just so annoyed at the time.

No matter what the outcome is, I do like the way you do analyse the whole situation before making a decision and checking the background of a user to see if they are always in trouble. I hope the cop will forgive me for acting like a child.
I can now see you are regretting your behaviour, and due to that I will reduce your ban by half, meaning you will have an 182 day ban instead.

However, please be advised that if something like this happens again, you'd receive another very lengthy ban and wouldn't have much(/any) chance of an early unban. It shouldn't happen again though if you do what you say you'd do (which is going to the forum and making a level-headed forum thread instead of making silly comments - your anger displayed on the server lasted for around 30 minutes and next time you should leave before it gets to even close to that - and of course refrain from making any such comments)

Do you accept my offer?
I would prefer to have no ban, so I could play tonight.
But if this is the best you can do, that's fair enough I suppose.
(2014-01-31 18:09)sicon Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to have no ban, so I could play tonight.
But if this is the best you can do, that's fair enough I suppose.

I know it would be nice but actions have consequences and this is as much as I'm willing to budge.

Your ban will be decreased soon.

Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's