[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: COMPETITION: GTC Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

This might just be design block kicking in but I'm stumped for good ideas for a GTC logo.

So, 10-25k to anybody that makes a logo design that I could use.

It must have
-Only black or red colors
-Simplicity
-The letters GTC
-The words 'Grand Tour Champions'

Preferably based on a circle, or a shape that isn't a square, or rectangle.

If it's something really special, the final design, if usable once developed by myself and two other graphic designers will earn the person who suggested and prototype'd the idea a massive 25k, in game cash.

Please include: Colored/Half-Color diagrams.

Beware: If your suggestion is used, I will require a .psd/.xcf image file, for photoshop/gimp respectively.

The final logo will be voted for within the team.

Final design: 25k prize
Runner up: 10k prize

Thanks,
Matt
Moved to Off-Topic/LFS Area.
Hello.

Here is my design:

[Image: 6SMKO.png]

Its very simple. Has GTC and the words Grand Tour Champions. Its based on a circle with flappy bird in the middle because this thing seems to be making everything rare at the moment. I hope you like it. BiggrinThumbup1
Could something like this be of interest?

Preview:
[Image: AKtREFI.png]

It's simple. I chose to leave your full name out of the logo, because it is incredibly long. I advice that if you use this logo, have only the emblem itself on your skins, and then add the text next to the emblem on for example your website.

I have the full-size version in a .psd format in 2560x1600.
oh snap, while working and afking, cola was faster Tongue
but colors changed and with full text:
[Image: rrywiqdlnukt.png]

€2, gave it another try Smile :
[Image: ps7hnf88h6y.png]
I'm in.

Ideas to follow...

23 minutes later... Some ideas:

[Image: logo_1.png]
[Image: logo_2.png]
[Image: logo_2.png]
[Image: logo_3.png]
[Image: logo_3.png]
[Image: logo_4.png]
[Image: logo_4.png]
[Image: logo_5.png]
[Image: logo_5.png]
[Image: logo_6.png]
[Image: logo_8.png]
[Image: logo_10.png]
[Image: logo_11.png]
I'll give it a go when I'm home or tomorrow Smile
oh god Pete and Barney i love your ideas Wink the ones outside of circle Biggrin
(2014-02-12 00:00)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]Preferably based on a circle, or a shape that isn't a square, or rectangle.
(2014-02-12 00:00)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]Preferably
(2014-02-12 12:37)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-12 00:00)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]Preferably

That.
Barneys is pretty cool, fits the quota.
Yeah. Barney's grey-boxy one looks really good imo.
[Image: 8gxwy8l3174.png]

PLZ, don't ask xD
I like the clean look on Pete's, especially that oneSmile although Barney's style is also nice but I find it a little clumped. I might give it a go Tongue
bez ftw Tongue
(2014-02-12 16:57)HOWLINmad22 Wrote: [ -> ]bez ftw Tongue

Dat fappybird! I'll definitely get runners up for my design Biggrin
(2014-02-12 17:40)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-12 16:57)HOWLINmad22 Wrote: [ -> ]bez ftw Tongue

Dat fappybird! I'll definitely get runners up for my design Biggrin

im sure you will win Wink
The reason my designs do not adhere to the following...

Quote:It must have
-Only black or red colors
-Simplicity
-The letters GTC
-The words 'Grand Tour Champions'

... is because I felt they affected creativity quite a lot and a logo should be simple, clear and not cluttered.

Having the letters GTC as well as Grand Tour Champions already requires two points of focus on the logo then you have to design a graphic around it or find a font which works nicely on it's own.

After a good hours work, my submission would be:

[Image: logo_11.png]

The outline and the text work well together, the drop shadow would work well on something which required an elevated logo. The shadow could of course be removed should a flat version be required:

[Image: logo_8.png]

If text + a graphic is what you're after then there's this:

[Image: logo_10.png]

But if you insist:

[Image: logo_12.png]

[Image: logo_13a.png]

[Image: logo_14.png]

[Image: logo_14a.png]
Im not sure if Matt wants the logo to be one what you can use on skins, or is he after one which is able to be used on websites, but i would like to have GTC logo to use when making skins, to make graphic around it or stuff Rolleyes I love the Pete's idea for its simplity, but its too simple to use on graphic skins, maybe in a simple, black skin which has few things on it, you could use it on Smile Barney's boxy one is also looking fine, but as said, it feels a bit clumpy Tongue

Pete is it OK if i make a skin around one or few of your ideas today/tommorow? Smile

And remember these are my opinions, not Matt's and i got no idea what he is after, probably something great Biggrin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's