[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: XBOX 360 Controller On PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok...... My fist is gonna go thru the computer screen very shortly. Anyways last year I used to use a cheat xbox 360 controller on my old laptop to play LFS and a bunch of other games. Now I put a desktop computer running XP in my sons room. I plug the afterglow 360 controller into the USB port and nothing even comes up saying anything is plugged in. I tried a few diff drivers and nothing works. I dont get it?!?!?!? Ive read all over that once u plug it in it should say new hardware found, then you gotta install driver. Mine does not even say that. I tried holding down the center button I get nothing.

Thanks in advance Heart lol
I had an official 360 pad for a few years, heavily used. Two weeks ago, I unplugged it for about an hour whilst i had dinner, plugged it back in to resume playing Batman A.C. and nothing was happening. Tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail. There was no signs that the pad was going to break, was fully functioning before i initially unplugged. I tried out another 360 pad, worked first time. Turns out it was the pads time to die. May have to face the reality that the pad is screwed.

Try another 360 pad, see if it helps.
Lol I would but......... its brand new lol. As soon as I plug it in the xbox button lights up for a half a sec then nothing. Idk lol. PS3 controllers never a issue. Plug in and go. Grrr
I was getting the same thing with the lights going on for a split second then turning off.
In Device Manager, it kept coming up as an unknown device. I tried it in 2 other PC's and was getting the same problem.
If it's brand new, get in contact with the outlet you purchased it from, that's assuming the warranty is in good order.

All i can suggest is to try another 360 pad in your PC or try your pad in another PC.
Other than that, i'm out of ideas.
Ok i jsut bought it today.... ill try it in another pc. When I first hooked this pc up I had to redo all the drivers so maybe its a driver issue with the usb ports or something idk. But a ps3 controller does work. Lol stupid computer.
You sure XP supports it?

Maybe try (google searched drivers):
(removed)

EDIT: Windows site: Computer/Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2), (excluding Windows XP 64-bit)

Make sure you have SP2 installed.
DON'T use those drivers above.

Or if you do, hope you get lucky.

Those drivers destroyed my PC, won't even go beyond boot screen anymore.

On a related matter. anyone want a good PC (hardware wise) for a decent price? I no need it. Runs LFS great, on max setting with loads of high res texture packs. I'll even throw in the old hardware I took out, for free. Plus 2 wireless cards. and whatever else is kicking around.
(2011-12-13 10:19)Nipper Wrote: [ -> ]DON'T use those drivers above.

Or if you do, hope you get lucky.

Those drivers destroyed my PC, won't even go beyond boot screen anymore.

Removed link
Probably a good idea Nitros. Smile

I installed those, did everything it wanted me to, then when it claimed it had finished and asked for a reboot to take effect, well, it never rebooted. Lol. My luck.
Yeah I heard that nipper lol.... I installed the correct no ticking time bomb drivers for sp3 and nothing. Im just gonna go buy another one and ill let you guys know.

Thanks fellas
Reference URL's