[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I am thinking of getting a Logitech G27 - but the ultimate question is - is it worth it?

There's some quite bad reviews of it on the Internet, but some very good reviews (AKA mixed reviews). Some cruisers on TC have experienced problems (e.g. [TC] Ash). I've just made this thread to ask all you G27 users if it's worth buying one, some problems you may have experienced/solutions to them etc. How does it compare to the G25? I've currently got a G25, is it worth "upgrading"?

Thanks in advance,
BoyPower.
What's the price on a G27 these days?
The first G27 i had was £280 from ebay (brand new) but because of a broken wire that comes from the pedals - which was 100% my fault - i had to get a new one which was only £180 new and that was 1 year later.

Since then i have had no problems with it and i would recommend buying it.
Logitech are a pain in the arse when it came to claiming under warrenty. However its a great wheel!
I had a G25 for 1 year, but it broken, and the Logitech sent a G27.

I think it's the best wheel atm, buy it. Btw. I don't have problem with mine, but it's only 3 months old. Smile
I have had my G27 for 1 year and a half, and the only problem I have with it, is that when I stick it into 5th gear, it gets stuck on the leather. Other than that it is a good wheel, I would recommend you buying it if you want it Smile
(2011-12-17 13:51)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Logitech are a pain in the arse when it came to claiming under warrenty. However its a great wheel!

Disagree, every time I have contacted Logitech they have done more than what I would expect.

Last time was when my g25 failed, they sent a new one without me even needing to send the old one back.

Edit, and yes it's worth it if you like driving games, and you can spend the ammount it costs. Otherwise no.
Logitech has best customer support you can ever imagine.
Buy it! Its the best wheel i've ever had and i had the G25 before this.
(2011-12-17 15:27)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Buy it! Its the best wheel i've ever had and i had the G25 before this.

I Agree.
(2011-12-17 15:06)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]Logitech has best customer support you can ever imagine.

+1
Is changing DFGT to G27 good idea? Confused
(2011-12-17 18:06)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Is changing DFGT to G27 good idea? Confused

I would
If there is nothing wrong with your G25 then I wouldn't say its worth buying a new G27, unless you have some extra cash that you want to spend. How long have you had it? If anything has broke on your G25 and you still have warranty then it's a pretty good chance you will get a new G27 like I did Smile
(2011-12-17 19:47)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]If there is nothing wrong with your G25 then I wouldn't say its worth buying a new G27

Yeah, I can agree with that.

I've decided to give buying a G27 a miss. I'll stick with my G25 tbh, it seems like one of the best wheels you can get anyway Tongue G27 is pretty much the same but with additional buttons.
(2011-12-17 19:52)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-17 19:47)Crille Wrote: [ -> ]If there is nothing wrong with your G25 then I wouldn't say its worth buying a new G27

Yeah, I can agree with that.

I've decided to give buying a G27 a miss. I'll stick with my G25 tbh, it seems like one of the best wheels you can get anyway Tongue G27 is pretty much the same but with additional buttons.

No. The shifter is 100000x better, and the wheel is quiet.
Shifter and wheel are much more robust on the G27 with smoother movements.
Also this is a great selling feature for me.

"Pedal Geometry Changes

Although SimHQ raved about the G25’s pedals in its 2006 review, the one area for improvement revolved around the geometry of the pedal faces. With all three in the same plane, it was very difficult to effectively execute heel-and-toe shifting. What was needed was to set the throttle pedal back a bit, so that a driver’s foot didn’t touch it until the brake was slightly depressed. Again, Logitech’s engineers were listening, and on the G27 the brake and clutch pedals moved forward with the help of a 13mm spacer block behind the pedal face, allowing for more natural and effective heel-and-toe braking."

Source: http://playseat.com/en/logitech-G27-review
Worth a read Smile
Ye the G27 is a quiter wheel but I dont remember suffering from hearing loss due to G25's noise Tongue I would muuuuch rather have the G25's gearbox then the G27's, sequential option ftw.
Well it took Logitech 7 weeks to sort me out, about 15 different phone calls getting told so many different things!

Ohh yes we have receieved it and your new one is being shipped
Ohhh its in a backlog in the warehouse
Ohh we havent recieved it yet

In that order lol
G25 seq. shifting is a nice feature, but I never really missed it after switching to G27.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's