[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Used Car Buying Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buying a used car in the [TC] Servers could be daunting if its your first time. But no need to fear, i have created this guide to help you find a right little cracker!

Whats your budget?

First of all, you need to know what sort of money you have to play around with, taking into consideration the cost of running the car and servicing it.
You don't want to spend all your money on your car, without having any money to take it out for a spin to see what its really capable of!

How much is it listed for?

Bear in mind the price of a brand new model!
New Prices (Click to View)
Do you want to be paying almost that amount, for a car which has got alot of mileage on the clock, with a low figure condition value? Think about it, an extra 30 minutes driving could be the difference between reliable and unreliable!

Previous Owners

Find out how many previous owners that car has had. If theres been a high number in a short amount of time, question yourself as to why? Also, make sure the person you buy the vehicle from, is someone you know or has a reputation around the servers. You don't want to by a shed of any ol' guy!

Where are you buying the car from? Is it in a backstreet pitlane, or at some Highway parking zone? Make sure you buy the car somewhere in the open, where alot of traffic can pass. This way the car is in the sun, allowing you to check for any damages or rough paintwork!

Test Drive

If the seller really wants to provide good customer service, they may let send you the cash to test drive their car for 5 or so minutes. You need to try before you buy! There is no point buying a car, finding out that its not your cup of tea, as you will be the one trying to sell it rather than buying!

Haggle

Don't ever take the first price someone suggests. Always try and lower the seller down to a mutual agreement.

Take someone in the know

If you dont know alot about the person/model of the car, take a friend with you. They can provide vital knowledge (and security).

The Final Deal

Make sure you have taken your time in selecting your vehicle. Dont rush into things! Any doubts, take your cash elsewhere!

Also make sure your seller is trustworthy. Perhaps ask other players via !pm in the servers if you are unsure about handing over your hard earned cash.

I hope people find this guide helpful when purchasing a second hand vehicle! Remember, safety first people!

- Ash
No offense, but I don't think this will actually help anyone as is it rather a droll story than a guide. Something explaining the market, trade value, car conditions and the necessary commands would be somewhat more helpful.
There is reading FXP Tongue
(2012-02-28 15:32)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but I don't think this will actually help anyone as is it rather a droll story than a guide. Something explaining the market, trade value, car conditions and the necessary commands would be somewhat more helpful.

For a hard understanding person, like me. this made me more clear about the allready buyed cars case.
Sorry but I'm with Chuck on this.
Lol it was only ment as a joke lol Smile
nice Biggrin
Reference URL's