[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: PC bootup problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I have a 5 year old PC, an Acer Aspire, which does it's job brilliantly, apart from the fact it takes almost 5 minutes to boot.

After I push the power button, something makes very loud noises (I believe its the ventilator being turned on), which takes some 3+ minutes to slow down, and after that it shortly does "rev" the ventilator so it seems. After a while it seems the motherboard is activated, BIOS-sound comes up and it boots up normally.

There are 2 harddrives in this PC. One being the main harddisk (C: ) with Windows 8 running, Partitions D:, E: and G: are 1 harddisk, which I believe still has Win7 on it.
Is it possible that the computer is tricked into starting up Win7, but it can't bec Win8 is installed?

The computer functions in a normal manner, both the harddrives are accessible, and it doesnt have BSODs or crashes.

[Image: 14akc9j.png]

Somebody who knows what might be going on?
Thanks in advance,

Marty

P.S.: And yes, I play Train Simulator 2014 Tongue
Well, open it and use your eyes and ears. Its not a nuclear reactor.
It is very long time than it start. Did you upgrade something else than HDD in your PC?

If each system on its own disk you should get a question which system you want to run.
I run Windows 8, Windows 7 was kept on the HDD for no apparent reason to be honest.
The BIOS doesnt give me a choice to run 7 or 8, it runs 8 by default.

Nothing else is upgraded (afaik), apart from the switch to Win 8 on the new HDD.
Here is maybe problem.
Do fresh Win8 installation but before formate your system HDD.
Have you tried unplugging all hdds except of the one which contains C: ?

After unplugging, stop/start.
(2014-10-25 19:54)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The BIOS doesnt give me a choice to run 7 or 8, it runs 8 by default.

Windows 8/8.1 use systems called SecureBoot and Fast Startup which will disregard other OS's when a regular user starts up their computer.

Check out the genuine shutdown guide here:
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/how-to-...ws-8.shtml
Reference URL's