[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: "No audio output device is installed"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I've got an MSI GX660 laptop running Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. My sound has suddenly stopped working and the sound icon has a red circle with an X inside and when I hover over the icon it says "No audio output device is installed".

I've got everything plugged in and I've tried updating drivers, disabled and enabled the devices, scanned for hardware changes and troubleshooted. None of these work. Everything worked perfectly last night but today when I started the computer it didn't.

Also, when I right-click the sound icon in the taskbar and select Playback devices, I can't right-click to "set default device" and "disable".

Anyone had a similar issue?
Screenshots welcome.
(2014-11-05 17:25)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots welcome.

[Image: W1RUX6c.png]
[Image: MlEwWgE.png]
In the 1st image, select the speakers, and make them default. Your output is currently set to HDMI out, which only makes sense if you have a display via hdmi attached and want to use it's speakers (if it even got some).
(2014-11-05 18:21)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]In the 1st image, select the speakers, and make them default. Your output is currently set to HDMI out, which only makes sense if you have a display via hdmi attached and want to use it's speakers (if it even got some).

As I said in my first post, nothing happens when I right-click and press "set as default device". Nothing changes and the HDMI output remains as default device. I am not able to disable the HDMI output either.
--------
EDIT: Unplugging the HDMI cable makes the "Speakers" as default device. Still no sound though.
Tried re-installing the audio driver?
(2014-11-05 18:32)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Tried re-installing the audio driver?

Yes, from Windows and manually from the msi website.
Hm, well, that's all I can say without touching the system myself.
Reference URL's