[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: My Computer Has 99 Problems, and I think I'm one of them.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

It's me again, with more computer issues. If you're unfamiliar with me and my computers then just ask Johan. There's been something wrong with every computer I've owned since 2009.

So today I'm only going to talk about my desktop (yes my laptop is still screwed up, but that's another thread right there).

Now I don't have much time to make a thorough post, so I'm just going to list the issues:
  • I cannot shut it down properly. I click shut down and it gets stuck in a shut down cycle for hours at a time
  • Same thing for restarts
  • I cannot let this thing to go sleep mode without having to reset the power supply, turn it back on, load windows, then unplug it to shut down and reload again for it to work again
  • shuts down randomly. Just black screen then "Starting Windows"
  • my third hard drive is not readable, i keep getting I/O errors, and I can't recover my data in safe mode (really important files on there)
  • the above reason is why i haven't been on lfs lately
  • when the computer has been on for a day or two, i can't open any programs if i have already used them (aka, i have to restart the pc to use them again)

It has a SquareTrade warranty on most of the hardware, but the failed Seagate drive does not work, and is not covered. Last time I took it to TigerDirect, they were going to replace the motherboard, but I had to back up my data (which went onto the Seagate drive) and I don't have a Windows CD.

The biggest problem of all with this thing is that I can't sell it. No response for it aside from asking to "part it out", which I can't do because of the warranty.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Solution: dont buy laptop's
(2014-11-15 20:53)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]Solution: dont buy laptop's

It's not a laptop lol. I have three hard drives in it.
You have to let go lol
For the problem " take hours for sut down "

Try this:(it works for me, i had the same problem)
If have w7, press Windows button, and write MSCONFIG, then press enter.Click on services.you should have marked the option to hide the Microsoft files.mark(Never remember now if you have to mark the files or unmark.. if you have marked, unmarked then , if you have unmarked, marked it.) all the options that you have with arent Microsoft files (all arent Microsoft files if you marked the option), and then, apply and restart your computer.

Sorry if you dont understand me..
hope i hepled you

LOL, thanks. So there's nothing I can do?
dunno, if you got usb stick an install win 7 on it, can maybe work if you got lucky
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
Hi Kenwood,

From what you wrote it looks like damaged windows. The best would be to do fresh installation but maybe recovery your system can help too.

Wierd is that issue with your 3rd hard drive. Is it standart hard drive or solid state drive? Did you checked connection on motherboard? Have you in BIOS right setting for that hard drive?

Can you post name of your motherboard?
(2014-11-15 20:53)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]Solution: dont buy laptop's

This, pretty much.

My HP's been pretty reliable for the last couple of years but it's truly on its last legs atm.

Power button's done for, it's quite broken and it needs a big hammer to put the case back into shape.

Oh and it idles at 95'c.
(2014-11-20 09:05)B!ll Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kenwood,

From what you wrote it looks like damaged windows. The best would be to do fresh installation but maybe recovery your system can help too.

Wierd is that issue with your 3rd hard drive. Is it standart hard drive or solid state drive? Did you checked connection on motherboard? Have you in BIOS right setting for that hard drive?

Can you post name of your motherboard?

Okay.

1. standard Seagate 7200.11 (from 2009)
2. Yes
3. Yes

4. GA-970A-DS3P (I bought the wrong board when I had it built...oh well.)
if you have usb on win 7 you can always try to repare there from
I dont have my windows CD anymore... :/
(2014-11-21 13:39)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have my windows CD anymore... :/

Make an USB stick to Windows boot with Windows 7 on no need cd
As said Jimmy you can make it with USB.

For first check your BIOS version if you have latest version. All version for your motherboard (official) but i think you will need recovery your windows or much better will be reinstall them. Anyway have the latest version of BIOS is always good.

With that your disk I found the information how to fix issues but it is not easy way. Link
maybe good news (Click to View)
sigh, it's a cracked install from a samsung recovery disk tbh.

anyway, i'm trying to recover my treasured lfs installation and i keep getting stuck here
[Image: 974a92b5b06b78355dd616dc94c785a2.png]
Whenever I do anything when it gets stuck, explorer.exe crashes (which it does pretty often tbh, which is why i hate windows so *Removed* much...least stable OS i've ever used)
does anyone know if i can back up my data (again since this is my backup hard drive that's crapping out on me)??
I can't load anything on the hard drive. I can browse through folders but I can't load anything.

The hard drive does seem to work when I boot up the computer but it craps out after a few minutes. I just switched the SATA cable with my WD10EZEX and that cables are fine.

any and all help is appreciated Heart

edit: i managed to save my sets, layouts, dds's, skins, etc...not everything, but it's the essentials at least.
(2014-11-21 02:38)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]4. GA-970A-DS3P (I bought the wrong board when I had it built...oh well.)

This to be fair...

Gigabyte motherboards (along with ASRock) probably have the worst build quality I have ever seen, which is why I forked out the extra cash bought myself an ASUS one instead. My friend (Matt aka DrummingGamer) had a Gigabyte motherboard (not to mention he bought a GA-990FXA-UD5 as a replacment :facepalm: ), the warranty ran out and it failed. All the capacitors leading to the CPU died.

In my old PC, I had an AOpen i945Gmm-HL Motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 and 2 GB of Samsung DDR2 Laptop RAM. Most reliable PC (apart from my new one) I have ever had, even though it was 8 years old and EXTREMELY dusty (NSFPCMR), it could still play Minecraft at 60 FPS with V-Sync off.

Point: Never buy Gigabyte Motherboards or Graphics Cards (<-- That because of Memory problems)

Just my 2p

~Skoda
I wonder why you reply at a thread which is inactive since ~6 months?
(2015-05-04 11:33)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder why you reply at a thread which is inactive since ~6 months old?

In case he would ever come back and look at it.......
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's