[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Can i record gameplay with this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I do not know much about the kinds of speeds and power that are required to record gameplay and that is why I am requesting your help.

Below are my PC CPU info and was wondering if it can handle recording gameplay at maybe 30-60 fps?

I have OBS (Open Broadcaster) Been having a play around with it and it seems that it only can smoothly record my monitor, not the in-game stuff?

Also get message "High CPU usage" and would like to know if it is the settings or that my PC can't handle it.

Really confused.

[Image: 1d0526d63e685574ce0ef71f6c04da87.png]
If i can record just fine on 20-30fps (no FPS Bounces,Smooth etc) with my Intel Core I3-4130 @ 3.40GHZ and the Nvidia GT620 (1024mb) on 4GB Ram, i think youre fine with that.

Just play with the OBS settings to get the best quality out with decent in-game FPS, thats what i did and it works just fine.
If I were to Google my CPU specs would I be able to find some appropriate settings as I do not know much about what they do?

I have set them to what most YouTube tutorials say, but just high CPU usage and lag Sad
(2014-12-10 18:53)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]If I were to Google my CPU specs would I be able to find some appropriate settings as

Not quite sure about that, you could try.

Try playing with the resolution on OBS maybe? even though i play LFS on 2 screens (one screen is 1920x1080) my resolution in OBS is set to 1280x720.
The resolution scaling is also at 1280x720 and recording fps set to 25.

Im not sure whether Im any help but atleast Im trying to help as best as my knowledge is Biggrin

EDIT:

Recording a small video to show how my FPS is like when recording in LFS with OBS with the settings i wrote on this post.

EDIT2:

Here it is, dont know if i could get better quality by upping up the resolution a little.
And the black "lines" on the top and bottom come from the LFS being not on fullscreen cause of 2 screens.

Thanks for helping me out Toni Smile

And by the way, you have shared a private video.
Not a problem Smile

Should work now Smile
Looks pretty stable, besides you only getting 20fps in game.

Are the recording frames and gameplay frames the same?

But yeah thats pretty much what I am aiming for, I will continue playing around with it I guess Smile
(2014-12-10 19:39)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks pretty stable, besides you only getting 20fps in game.
My FPS when playing is usually at the same level when playing on 2 screens in lfs.

Quote:Are the recording frames and gameplay frames the same?
Depends on what you set the OBS to record at.
Managed to create this, it records and all, but lags Sad

I have learned that if I select no resolution downscale it lags like hell, so i put it to what yours is and it is still slightly laggy.

I lower the frames which sort of fix it but the overall quality is poor and looks like I record with a potato Sad
Dont know what the problem is then ;(

Your CPU is almost as powerful as mine, so there shouldnt be a huugeeee difference between our videos ;o

I wonder if the Maximum Bitrate thing in the "Encoding" options matter at all. (mines at 3500)

Really dont know whats wrong if that doesnt help Sad
My bitrate is set to 12000 i will upload a new video shortly just made a few changes Smile
Use fraps , half the record size , should be just fine.
Actually, fraps uses more CPU power than OBS on my pc

To be honest, I get better videos with obs too, cause it lets me choose which screen I want to record, and fraps doesn't, it records both screens.

but meh, going to sleep now
(2014-12-10 20:49)SeanProduction Wrote: [ -> ]Use fraps , half the record size , should be just fine.

Fraps is not free? Sad

That's way Better than the earlier one imo.
youtube is your friend if you want stuff for free
Try different capture methods. ie monitor capture, or game capture, also click that "disable Aero" checkbox, its does the same as here http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=10455

How many fps you usually get w/o capturing?
It tells me that disable aero is only recommended for monitor capture?

My FPS barely drops by looking at my LFS frames, goes to about 80? Will double check when I get the chance.

Without capturing, I have a 100fps cap. Without cap 130

But right now, my aim is to maximise the quality still feels dull.

It could be the capture program that is limiting the capture quality, but then again I don't know much about it.

There is a third video on my channel called LFS DRIFT TEST recorded at 30fps, 12000 bitrate and res downscale twice so 720 something.
Don't mix up peak bitrate and constant bitrate. 12mbit is insane.
There's a help page on youtube somewhere that shows the recommended settings you should use to upload it to them, for various programs including OBS. It may be a good base to start with. Google it.
Alrighty Smile

Thanks for letting me know chuck. Tongue
Reference URL's