[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Martys Skin Shed (New CrownVIC+Porsche 964 skins!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, I like to make skins, and since I want to pick that up again and make some more, I'd thought to make a little place where I can show off. Wink
I would be able to do requests I think, but since my skins are usually quite low standard, it may require some time. Wink
Right now I'm busy with Scoot McLaughlins Volvo V8 Supercar, since that car is bloody badass...

[Image: 093561-05b2de92-a042-11e3-b2ad-08c02f4f904c.jpg]

Mostly I tend to replicate cars and vehicles from real life, since I find that the most interesting to do.

Some examples:

[Image: jutnxy.jpg]

[Image: 1z6fh47.jpg]

[Image: 2i0emnq.jpg]

[Image: mwxhyf.jpg]
I hope you guys like them, and I love to hear the response!
Love the name and nice skins!
You make really nice 'cruise' skins Marty, you should make them public sometime Tongue

Keep me updated on the V8 skin.
You should use less FOV (e.g. 10) when taking screenshots, otherwise it's rather hard to see the detail of the skin. Also, use shift+F to hide any other information that could be included in the shot (e.g. chat log, time-stamp).
@MousemanLV: I see what you mean, will do that in future screenshots, thanks for the hints! Smile

I have made a new skin!
Just for fun, it's a XRT skin based on the famous Toyota Corolla AE86.
[Image: sv4953.jpg]
Download HERE:
https://www.mediafire.com/?9nyndiw9wdy2n12
Another new skin!

I had this idea for a long time, but I was struggling with the execution, mostly because the BMW M3 is a RWD car and the FXO has FWD, so for me it feels wrong to put a BMW skin on this car.../Mellow

Anyway...
This skin is based on a BMW M3 from the E92 series, so it is quite a recent car.
I decided to make it a sort of track car, based on a few images I found of a race-spec BMW M3.
It is free to use, it is uploaded on LFSW with the name BMWM3Small2.jpg

I hope you guys like it! Smile

[Image: mhgmvjsy2nqv596zg.jpg]

Ingame Images:

[Image: 21l4mj4.jpg]

[Image: 153l91v.jpg]

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mhgmvjsy2nqv596
Very nice, Marty! My favourite, BMW M3 (well, if only it was GTR) Tongue
Nice work Marty.
Nice work Marty, down forget to use the "stretching of skins".
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/64975
*cough cough*
Pff, a lot of dust in the shed!
After some 4-5 months, I have finally been able to do some skinning again.
The victims of this time were an innocent FXO and RB4. They deserved it.

I've made 2 MED skins, both for personal use, one to use during GB, and one for normal use. I'd like to see the response on both skins, I can make them public very easily.

The FXO is based on the Audi RS4, the RB4 is based on the Toyota Supra.

FXO:
[Image: 243hn6d.jpg]

Ingame:
[Image: ubqbn.jpg]

RB4: (Thanks for the comments on it in the GB Showroom section!)
[Image: 2v3my51.jpg]

Ingame:
[Image: 2vjx1lu.jpg]

I'd love to hear response on both of the skins!

Greetings,

Marty
The first one , if the base color ( grey ) were a bit more darker , i think it will looks better.
And the second one , i like it Smile
(2015-06-15 18:07)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]The first one , if the base color ( grey ) were a bit more darker , i think it will looks better.
And the second one , i like it Smile

Thanks for you response, Borja!
Regarding the first skin, I was afraid going darker would affect the readability of the words Medical Car, thats why I let it be a bit lighter.
i like the basic design of both. as an idea u might wanna try white textcolor?!
stands out much better imho and u have free choice of basecolor. also suits that medical logo.

design of the second is really sweet. close to not being a medskin anymore tho. pokerchips are tad too big.
also on the sides the "medical" doesnt stand out enough. apart from the font(that might be my personal taste that i dont like it), but especially the combination of font and size and proportions doesnt really make it stand out as a MED. "medical" just like takes 1/5 of the writings(number, name, gumball). suggestion would be something like this maybe:
(2015-01-31 01:02)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work Marty, down forget to use the "stretching of skins".
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/64975
Thanks Barney for both suggestions!
With the FXO I wanted to stay as true to the design I based it on as possible, the design I based it on has black text as well, so that's why I decided to do that. On second thought, it is better to make them into white, thanks for the effort you put in! Smile

Regarding the RB4, I can only agree with you, I wa struggling a bit making the name Medical stand out, the suggestion of making the GB logos a bit smaller and make Medical bigger is a great suggestion, I'll edit it into the second version if you dont mind? Smile

Thanks a lot Barney!

@Yukine: I dont know how to do that, I checked the link and it just confuses me lol
For example if fxo side is <-65-> just do simple math: X(current image size in width)/100*65

Thats how i do it atleast, and it fixes the stretching Biggrin
I have got a few new ones, finally started to skin again after a long long time.

This is my MED skin for this years Gumball:

[Image: t9i5c6.jpg]

[Image: 2960u2r.jpg]

Really enjoy to be back again, hope to make some more soon.
New cruise skin, again for FXO (Only really like to skin FXO tbh, other cars are too boxy imo, and I never use FZ5 lol)

This one is based on the Volvo S60 as used by Gary Rogers Motorsport in the V8 Supercars. I took inspiration of both the '14 and '15 car, so it's a bit of a mix. Hope you guys like it!

[Image: qpo1w9.jpg]

[Image: 214av6f.jpg]

[Image: 34y1o38.jpg]
Nice skin Marty!
At least doesn't have fake exhausts. I guess it's fine if it floats your boat, it just seems very plain, basic and mostly copy-paste of things you'd find on the web. I do get the idea of these skins but they look good on real race cars because..well, race cars really :shrugs:
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's