[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy S4 screen problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hai.

Last night i was out fixing a car with my friend. We had about -30C outside. I was on my phone just checking Facebook and all that normal stuff. Suddenly it just shut down, i had about 60% power at the time. I then tried recharging It as i thought the battery had just been affected by the cold. The phone started up again but the screen didn't work. I know the phone is starting because of the blue LED lighting up and the 'intro song' playing.

Is it possible for a screen to die because of that cold?
Does any have any idea how to fix it?
Can it be anything else you can think of?
Can i complain on something like that?

Thanks

PS. It's not any guaranty on the phone.
I would guess that the battery was drained of it's energy cells in that cold weather. Electronics Such as iPods iPhones and newer phones with the lithium batteries don't do well in cold weather. I would say yours drained and doesn't have enough energy cells to power the screen anymore.

Try to see if you can buy a new battery for a good price. It would most likely work.
Could be.. But do you think that 5 min in the cold would drain it that bad? Also, it seems weird that it powers up with normal speed and everything.

5min out if my warm pocket that probably had +degrees in it*
It is possible depending on how cold and some batteries are more vulnerable then others. Also you could just have a screen defect. You would have to have a technician from where you got the phone from look at it. But without the phone insurance or a warrantee it could be pricey.
Yes, the battery will not work in extreme weather. Warm the device back up and try again. I've had this happen with one of my iPhones when I lived up north.

If the screen isn't working then first try a replacement battery, although I'm not sure how well that would help. Wait a day or two if you can and see if it'll start working. Galaxy S4's are horribly fragile, as are Samsung's newer metal phones.

If the screen still doesn't work then you may need to replace it. It's about $100 for the parts on Amazon USA, so prices will vary of course by you. Take it a technician and have it looked at if necessary.
Its the same like screens on radios and dashes in cars when it's really cold, they have a tendency to stop working. Let it warm up and bit and you should be good. A good tip is to buy an enclosed phone protection like an Otterbox, they keep it warmer (Works with my Note3)
(2015-02-06 03:02)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]Its the same like screens on radios and dashes in cars when it's really cold, they have a tendency to stop working. Let it warm up and bit and you should be good. A good tip is to buy an enclosed phone protection like an Otterbox, they keep it warmer (Works with my Note3)

Don't buy an Otterbox. They'll damage your phone.
(2015-02-06 19:56)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-06 03:02)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]Its the same like screens on radios and dashes in cars when it's really cold, they have a tendency to stop working. Let it warm up and bit and you should be good. A good tip is to buy an enclosed phone protection like an Otterbox, they keep it warmer (Works with my Note3)

And you base your comment on what? I've been having them since forever and i've never had an issue with them.
(2015-02-06 20:15)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]

And you base your comment on what? I've been having them since forever and i've never had an issue with them.

Personal experience. Damaged my iPhone 4S. Not only that, I've asked others about the scuffing issue. Literally everyone I asked said that their phones were scuffed too and accepted it as the price of having their screen protected(?). Not only that, OtterBox's quality has been suffering lately. I almost bought another one for my Note 4 but the cheap plastic wasn't worth $60. Quite frankly, a Speck CandyShell provides better protection when pairs with a screen protector.
(2015-02-08 20:24)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Personal experience. Damaged my iPhone 4S. Not only that, I've asked others about the scuffing issue. Literally everyone I asked said that their phones were scuffed too and accepted it as the price of having their screen protected(?). Not only that, OtterBox's quality has been suffering lately. I almost bought another one for my Note 4 but the cheap plastic wasn't worth $60. Quite frankly, a Speck CandyShell provides better protection when pairs with a screen protector.

I've had one on my Note3 for the past 6-8 months and i don't see any issues with the screen itself. The protection is pretty banged up and still holds to this day. The phone went into a river, feel in mud and spends quality time in snow and gravel almost everyday and no issues so far. Maybe you're just unlucky Wink
(2015-02-08 21:59)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-08 20:24)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]

I've had one on my Note3 for the past 6-8 months and i don't see any issues with the screen itself. The protection is pretty banged up and still holds to this day. The phone went into a river, feel in mud and spends quality time in snow and gravel almost everyday and no issues so far. Maybe you're just unlucky Wink

Me and 7 other people lol
Reference URL's