[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Weird texture glitches.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as i'm tabbing in and out of game I sometimes get these very weird texture glitches. Sometimes it happens to the names of people, the textures on the roads or just random things.

Here's a car skin that randomly lost its textures and went all glitchy.

[Image: de5e619cfa.png]
[Image: 913aae008a.png]

Simple fix is normally to tab back into and out of game and all glitches just vanish.

My system specs:

i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
Nvidia EVGA 680 SC
Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD (LFS installed here)

Has anyone else ever had this issue?
Smells a bit like memory fault in your video memory. Try find a test program.
Will give it a try and post results.
I have had that issue too, but never on LFS.

Besides, that it looks kind of cool. Wink

By the way, does that do that constantly? even after re load? or restart?
(2015-02-12 16:43)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, does that do that constantly? even after re load? or restart?

Happens at rare times when i Shift + F4 to tab out. Its very unpredictable.
Could even been related to the SSD? maybe failing to reload the textures as you tab back in similiar to chucks suggestion, see if the SSD is functioning properly.
I dont have any read/write errors coming for Samsung Magician. Still testing the GPU memory atm.
No Memory errors popping up..

[Image: 1a5320f54a.png]

Going to try putting LFS back onto my harddrive and see if it continues. If not ill reply back.
Seems like a memory issue as everybody says. Nontheless its a pretty cool glitch. Biggrin
The hills are aliveeee with the sound of glitches?

[Image: e71ae6898e.png]

Clearly not the SSD. Must just be my GPU dying slowly. Sad

Namelist anyone?

[Image: 1fa4d937db.png]

Just to note it only happens in windows mode. Fullscreen fixes it.
I've never seen a GPU go out like that :/

Insanely bizarre. With the Names going like that, I don't think it's SSD related. No Memory errors are recorded.

Do an intense Benchmark test with your GPU, see if it's acting normal. Is it only LFS with this issue?
Yeah its only with LFS. Every other game I play is fine.. I think its just a bug that might need me to reinstall a new LFS. I was planning on installing windows 10 anyways so might clean my system too.
It could indeed be a bug with the textures, especially if you have modified some of them.

See how it goes after the reinstall Smile
So after my chrome started to make weird colors too I thought to myself, why not open up the cover of my graphics card and check it for dust...

So i'm guessing my VRAM was overheating at times. We will soon see if that was the problem or not.
Bloody hell's fire! That's like an entire human skin shell worth of dust right there!

If it was overheating, I'd be surprised if that was the cause of the weird textures.

I also advise you have some monitoring software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision so you can keep an eye on any unusual figures especially with temperature.
GPU R.I.P.

Must always clean 3-5 months...
Heh, you've got heavy problem i think :/ (well, take here other parts of your machine Smile Maybe is time to new one, or used better Smile )
So its back again. I decided to close LFS and come on the forums and check for driver updates and saw this...

[Image: a4ea0e28da.png]

NOTE: This only happens on the browser after LFS glitches out.. These artifacts don't project onto the desktop only inside the chrome window. Forcing the video driver to stop then restart fixes this. I went onto Minecraft when these artifacts were happening that were on chrome to test if it was happening across all games but nope. Everything is fine in other games its just LFS causing some kind of issues with my GPU.
We can't really help you beyond this. Try googling or going to some tech-dedicated forum. Also try http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport
Your GPU decided to be a **** before it dies Tongue
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's