[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [TC] Minecraft - What do you want to see?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So since the Minecraft server has had a massive drop in activity after the old world corrupt. What would you like to see added to the Minecraft server?

Here's a few ideas:

New map - We start a new map and host an event to find an awesome spawn. You send in your Minecraft worlds and we all judge on the spawn area. Winner can receive a special rank or a few items of their choice on the Minecraft server.

Community build - We decide on a big project that we are all interested on building. No spawning in items & No creative but /fly permissions would be granted to those that are helping with the project. Think of a build on a mega scale that would give us something to log on and help build with the community.

Event nights - We host survival/parkour/puzzle/adventure nights on where we would download a premade map and all battle through it. Winners of the events again would receive some kind of prize on the minecraft servers.

Let us know what you think. If you have any ideas that you think the community would enjoy please post them. We ultimately want to hear what you want out of the Minecraft server.

Thanks,
TC Team
I'm not too sure people would appreciate another new map, however i can't help but like the idea anyway because after exploring the current one a lot, it is clear that we have ended up with one of the more boring maps. Basically it's all the same biomes even when you go 5000 blocks away (Savanna, plains, ocean, a little snow and loads of desert) which quickly get's boring to play on. Thing is people have built some cool things so it would not really be fair to yet again ditch the map. My suggestion would be to have a few worlds running at the same time. One would be the current one which could be called [TC] Old World. Another one would be the new map, [TC] Survival as name for example and a last one could be for the event nights, simply called [TC] Events.

That way we keep the possibility for people to use their builds on the current map, plus having a new improved world to start building in, as well as a server for all the events we do.

I don't know how easy it is to host 3 worlds/servers, however.
(2015-02-23 12:36)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how easy it is to host 3 worlds/servers, however.

I remember visiting a server where there was teleports you could go in that teleported you to different maps with different rights etc, so its not impossible

But a new map would be nice, current one is boring as hell, and YES, I KNOW, YOU HAVE USED TIME TO BUILD NICE HOUSES, but i myself would like a new map Smile
Still saying that i'd like to have a creative map since i don't have nearly enough time to gather required ressources in Survival to build anything that deserves to be called a "house"
Maybe could have the current map made into creative after launch of a new map? Us who built houses there can still go there, just with creative instead.
We could do Mutiworlds. It's not that hard to set up but having 3 worlds running at the same time will affect the CPU and RAM. So I think until we migrate the server over to a less limiting box that wont be an option at the moment, but definitely in the very-near future.
(2015-02-23 12:46)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]Still saying that i'd like to have a creative map since i don't have nearly enough time to gather required ressources in Survival to build anything that deserves to be called a "house"
This.
Bez, having a map with creative will bring to what we talked about on TS. People will get borred in a week and stop playing again. It's meant to be time-consuming so that people will actually stay and finish their builds.
It doesen't bring the thrill of finding diamonds or finding a new biome, or even trying to drag an ocelot with a lead, 6000 blocks Biggrin . I'm up for a new map and better spawn with more community stuff, but not really interested in creative, even tho me and Ras probably spent the most time in building and mining.
Mini games/event night would be fun Biggrin
The big project thing sounds good as well.
Indeed, if you would make some Minecraft Events giving i.e rewards on the LFS Servers ( winner gets €5.000 InSim Cash ) then more people would participate.

You have to find a way to get people into the server with an objective.
Personally I would love to see events every now and then. Would be awesome to play "The building game" or other MiniGames. Or maybe a tournament in "Spleef"? Winner gets some money in LFS?
new map will be good, i like jungle biome or some basic forest, savanna is boring kinda
Also i would like to have command block to make some cool furniture and other stuff, maybe like a prize for winning the event, or something...
Would be nice to see something like this:
I like the idea of a new world so that I can keep up with everyone again. I'd like to see some minigames and/or challenge/event nights also and the insim prize money is an awesome idea.

Running multiple worlds at once shouldn't be a problem and I can help you set it up if you like, I've had a few servers in the past. You just need the Multiverse plugin and the Multiverse Portal plugin to enable users to travel between worlds without having to be TP'd. I'm sure there are other ways but this is the one that I'd use.

I was also thinking that instead of having a creative world where we build whatever, why not have a plot world
e.g. http://i.imgur.com/BTJ0S4o.jpg
It would save on space as you are able to change the size of the plots and the world will automatically generate for you. You could limit the amount of plots users can have at once so one person isn't taking the entire map up. When the plots are claimed using one of many plot plugins there are for minecraft, they're automatically protected to stop griefing and you have the ability to add other people to your own plots and give them the permision to work on your build with you.

I'm not to keen on the Command Block idea though as you essentially have access to the servers' console with a command block and I can op myself and ban everyone with one of those, no way should people other than admins be allowed those.

Maybe a Dynamic map that can be accessed though a browser? e.g. https://map.massivecraft.com/ this way we could check out the map for our favorite biomes and such to find a nice place to live, these Dynamic maps can be setup with plugins too. I do believe that the Dynamic map generates chunks, I can't see it affecting server performance too much but a 5GB server with 32 slots running that and 1-4 worlds should be flawless.

-Jack | Renegade
What i would like to see:
• New Spawn
• Events
• More Activity
• More effort into buildings (I know, I need to put way more as well judging by others)
• Multiword
• Dynamic Map
(2015-02-26 15:51)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]I was also thinking that instead of having a creative world where we build whatever, why not have a plot world
e.g. http://i.imgur.com/BTJ0S4o.jpg
It would save on space as you are able to change the size of the plots and the world will automatically generate for you. You could limit the amount of plots users can have at once so one person isn't taking the entire map up. When the plots are claimed using one of many plot plugins there are for minecraft, they're automatically protected to stop griefing and you have the ability to add other people to your own plots and give them the permision to work on your build with you.
-Jack | Renegade

I like this idea.
I'll be opening a thread soon, so that you can pm your screenshots and world files ready for votes on the new spawn location.

Things we are going to add will be:
  • New spawn - User submitted world/spawn to be voted on.
  • Multiworld - Survival, Events, Creative (Possibly Plot map).
  • Dynamic Map (added later on)
  • Events, Parkour, building, ect (Mostly weekends (We do need ideas Post below))
I would like to see the spawn village consist of user builds. Every person that starts can have a very small spot and build a small house in that village.

- The plots will be have a small size so it doesn't take that long to build and will actually get finished. Also people with less time can participate easier.
- Paths will be done in creative by admins
- Plots will be assigned by admins
- Houses have to be a certain standard. Not be a cobble/plank box with windows.
Fully agree with pipa.
I also fully agree with Pipa. I doubt many people will remember Clockwork's server but the spawn there got it right.

Also no more parkour shite unless it's an event too please. I'm losing my mind on the server right now.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's