[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Finding files relating to a program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo,

What's the best way to find all files associated with a piece of software (or folder of software).

I'm intending to copy MS Office 07 from my PC to my External Hard-drive, when I test it on my laptop the shortcuts don't work. Basically, I need to find out what and where all of the files are that need to be copied.

Josh.
Depends on the OS, but the simple answer is: MS Office is not designed to be portable - probably not worth the bother.

Any reason you can't just install it on both PC and Laptop? (the licence allows it)
*cough* pirate.

I figured it wasn't, I have just re-downloaded OpenOffice and installed it straight to the drive. I'm hoping it has improved since I last had it. It should do for work anyway..

E: OpenOff seems to be adequate for what I need, was just hoping to use MSOff as I still have my old textbooks for Excel and Access and OpenOff makes it difficult by having features presented and built-in differently, if that makes sense.
Reference URL's