[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Help with Laptop.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've bought a laptop 2 years ago and I barely used it, when I tried opening it today the sound does not work, and when I format it, it refuses to do so because of a missing file.

I'm not an expert in PC and tech stuff.. So I don't know what to do really.
Missing file might help

Control panel-device manage -sound hardware

List what it says under that tab

Does it have up to date drivers installed
Ok, now its working. Thanks!

But now, when I try to format my laptop it says that a file Is missing, error code: 0xc0000001
Sorry for the bump but I have an issue, I recently formatted my Laptop at a store and upgraded the settings of my Laptop (Microsoft forced me) and now it ruined my sound system, and does not open LFS. Shows a message saying 'Could not detect suitable screen mode' or 'probable error in graphics driver'.

Will reinstalling the original Win 8 help? Then at July 29 upgrade to Win 10.

Edit: When I downgrade to Win 8 everything works perfect. But windows keep forcing me to upgrade my settings or to Win 8.1 (Can't remember)
win 8.1 id required for installing win10. win 8 won't work.
You don't need to update to 8.1 to fix this issue, from your error message and as you have formatted your laptop, you need to install/update drivers.

What do you mean by "Microsoft forced me" ? to what exactly ?
They forcebally restarted my PC to install the updated setting. I can't click postpone anymore or even cancel it.
So, If I buy & install win 8.1 from microsoft website, will this resolve all my issues?
Nope.
I tried updating my drivers, but it won't work.
What doesn't work exactly ? Have you removed the old drivers, downloaded news and reinstalled ?

I could take a closer eye if we go through skype, if you want you can give me yours by PM.
Reference URL's