[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Skype - Striped Screen after crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Please could anyone help me with this,
You cant see it very well on the picture but its a striped screen.

No my GPU isnt dead, only does this on skype, it did this on my old PC aswell. On windows 10 I cannot uninstall the current skype V7 to revert back to Skype V6.

Anyone have any solutions?

~Skoda
Hello Skoda,

Please try to uninstall your graphical drivers, reboot your PC, reinstall the graphical drivers and reboot your PC.

Regards, Wouter

Hello Skoda,

Please try this: open nVidia Control Panel ->Adjust Image Settings with Preview. Select the option: "Let the 3D application decide.".

Regards, Wouter
It's an AMD card...
Hello Skoda,

Hmm, i don't know a solution. Sorry mate.

Regards, Wouter
Just reinstalled the drivers, and....................

The bug happens again. But when there were no drivers, skype worked fine Blink
Cant see anything on the image. Does it show on regular screenshots with printscreen ?
(2015-07-30 10:22)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Cant see anything on the image. Does it show on regular screenshots with printscreen ?

The whole system crashes. So even if I did get a print-screen, i couldn't do anything with it.
Are the drivers Windows 10-compatible?
yes...
Does the same thing happen when in safe mode?
yes it does
It does sound a bit like your video mode is not set to 32bpp but only 16bpp (or less), which is usually the case if either the actual setting is set to a wrong value or the driver failed and some Windows fallback driver is active.
But its hard to tell, as I can't see anything on the image and the error description is very vague.
I can't give anything else. I will try and give a better photo today

So, I have taken screenshots of CCC.
Will that help?
[Image: xDpllBC.jpg]
This help?

[Image: i4YwPbd.jpg]
Did I mention I had this bug through Windows 8 as well?
So, after a millions years (not entirely true), I found a fix to the problem. It is a bug in the H264 encoder.

I found the file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Multimedia called AMDh264Enc32.dll and I renamed it to AMDh264Enc32-not_work.dll. Now Skype opens up and does calls fine.
Brilliant Thumbup Glad you fixed it Smile
Reference URL's