[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Minecraft Iron Farm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, I have a good idea for a community project on the TC Minecraft server. This iron farm essentially spawns iron golems automatically and kills them afterwards, which generates between 3 - 5 iron ingots each time. This farm will be completely public and anyone is welcome to take as much iron as they need. Making it at the spawn area is essential due to how the spawn chunk is constantly loaded and does not require people to sit AFK for the golems to spawn. This farm will roughly be 25x25 and I can construct 80% of it underground. This allows the building to be decorated to look like something cool, other than a huge tower above ground. The picture below is an example of what this farm outputs.
[Image: YV6zph.jpg]
Feel free to vote above, I will need help building the spawner and I need some people to help me decorate this Biggrin

Feedback is always welcome, thanks.
-Foxyy
I don't see a problem with it being underground. But I know there are some people that don't want this. There is no 'not sure' option so I can't vote Tongue
(2015-10-14 19:40)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a problem with it being underground. But I know there are some people that don't want this. There is no 'not sure' option so I can't vote Tongue

Yes, I forgot about the "Not sure" option and I can't figure out how to edit and add that in, sorry.
(2015-10-14 19:48)vFoxyy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-14 19:40)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a problem with it being underground. But I know there are some people that don't want this. There is no 'not sure' option so I can't vote Tongue

Yes, I forgot about the "Not sure" option and I can't figure out how to edit and add that in, sorry.

Someone has added the "Not sure" option now.
Should be possible to wrap it up inside a nice building, if not underground.
Voted "Not Sure".

The idea of having "free iron" is cool because its a resource we all need and is the base of most tools/armors/tables.

If we can build it in a way that it doesn't end up like a monster of a tower (Like most grinders end up looking) and could blend in with what spawn currently looks like, i'm fine with.

BUT, we currently have a store that provides Iron ingots at a fairly decent price. I would much rather prefer "farming" some items that i can sell at the store in order to buy my iron when necessary. Its a much more "RP" way of doing things.
I have to agree with Sebas here. The main reason why I voted not sure, is because it is better RP to get it yourself. I think having smaller, personal ones inside your house or something would be good if that was possible.
(2015-10-14 20:42)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]Voted "Not Sure".

The idea of having "free iron" is cool because its a resource we all need and is the base of most tools/armors/tables.

If we can build it in a way that it doesn't end up like a monster of a tower (Like most grinders end up looking) and could blend in with what spawn currently looks like, i'm fine with.

BUT, we currently have a store that provides Iron ingots at a fairly decent price. I would much rather prefer "farming" some items that i can sell at the store in order to buy my iron when necessary. Its a much more "RP" way of doing things.

(2015-10-14 20:53)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree with Sebas here. The main reason why I voted not sure, is because it is better RP to get it yourself. I think having smaller, personal ones inside your house or something would be good if that was possible.

I understand what you're saying and I respect that, Also it is a personal preference if people want to take some iron or work for it.
Okay, So we have been doing some testing on a private server and we have got a design ready that will work, We're going to build structure around it tomorrow and do some more testing then it will be ready for the TC server if approved.

Thank you.
So what your saying is, I can get all the free iron at the spawner, sell it at the shop, then buy diamonds? Kinda disrupts the shop if that makes sense? I would like it to work, but I also like the shop.
(2015-10-15 00:03)Shikari Wrote: [ -> ]So what your saying is, I can get all the free iron at the spawner, sell it at the shop, then buy diamonds? Kinda disrupts the shop if that makes sense? I would like it to work, but I also like the shop.

Well Shikari, they could either remove iron from the all together or they could sell/buy iron ORE in the shop instead of ingots that was everyone is happy.
Okay, So that's 8 votes for yes, 2 for no and 7 for not sure. I would say that is good enough what does everyone think? Can we go ahead with the build or not?.
(2015-10-14 22:18)vFoxyy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, So we have been doing some testing on a private server and we have got a design ready that will work, We're going to build structure around it tomorrow and do some more testing then it will be ready for the TC server if approved.

Thank you.

Did you find out if it works underground? Also what design have you come up with?

Also i found out that you can actually build the mobgrinder 192 blocks away from the center of spawn, so it doesn't have to interfear with the spawn build.
(2015-10-15 13:50)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-14 22:18)vFoxyy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, So we have been doing some testing on a private server and we have got a design ready that will work, We're going to build structure around it tomorrow and do some more testing then it will be ready for the TC server if approved.

Thank you.

Did you find out if it works underground? Also what design have you come up with?

Also i found out that you can actually build the mobgrinder 192 blocks away from the center of spawn, so it doesn't have to interfear with the spawn build.

No it doesn't work underground and we got it down to just having the top above ground the funnel that kills the golems can go underground. So we plan on building a structure over it so it will look nice but functional so it could blend in with the rest of spawn.
Okay, So I had a look around the spawn area and the way some people said my build was "ugly" or didn't blend with spawn but look at these.

[Image: PJID4UD.jpg]
[Image: ZhITCDm.jpg]

In my opinion that wooden path and them buildings do not go with the spawn or look good so me offering to build around my project and make it look good should be enough to have my build inside the spawn chunks.
Going around offending other people's work isn't going to bring you any favors in having a grinder near spawn let me tell you that.

As i said in my last post, spawn chucks last 192 blocks away from the center of spawn. So your grinder doesn't need to be on top of the spawn build area.
(2015-10-15 16:03)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Going around offending other people's work isn't going to bring you any favors in having a grinder near spawn let me tell you that.

As i said in my last post, spawn chucks last 192 blocks away from the center of spawn. So your grinder doesn't need to be on top of the spawn build area.

I wasn't going around offending other people I was simply stating the facts that how can you say stuff about my build but let everyone else get away with it. And as for my build you can forget about it I'd rather not waste my time when you're going to be like that I wanted a small area in the spawn chunks but oh well I'd rather keep it to my self.
I'm not being like anything Foxyy. You've gone around and taken screenshots of peoples work (not even my work) and then said it doesn't comply with what the spawn looks like. There isn't any specific rule stating every building must have the same details as spawn.

I haven't also said anything about your build as I have no idea what it will look like other than the one you have in your own area. Just generally mob griders serve to grind items not look pretty.

Do you have an idea in mind where you want to put this 20x20 area?
The fact is what some people aren't getting here, its FREE iron which can help out a lot of us. It's bad enough as Foxyy said that there are some ugly buildings but as he said, he could cover it with oak wood and it could be at most 8 blocks tall. It's something so you can do /spawn walk up to the farm and collect some iron simple. The building can look good. I have no idea why you are being irrational with it
(2015-10-15 16:32)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not being like anything Foxyy. You've gone around and taken screenshots of peoples work (not even my work) and then said it doesn't comply with what the spawn looks like. There isn't any specific rule stating every building must have the same details as spawn.

I haven't also said anything about your build as I have no idea what it will look like other than the one you have in your own area. Just generally mob griders serve to grind items not look pretty.

Do you have an idea in mind where you want to put this 20x20 area?

Not specifically you who said stuff about my build but Pete did and I only went around spawn and showed some of the buildings around that area and there may not be a rule about it but I was told my build wouldn't go with spawn so it shouldn't be there that is why I posted the screen shots and my idea was some where like across from where Skoda's shop is.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's