[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Revokation (Appeal Granted)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- LFS Username: Quattro10V (VTU.Nick [COP] at the time)

- Time & Date of Incident 25/08/2015 @ 17:20 (Report created by [CSR Spark]

- Replay / Screenshot Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kad96x...trov10.mpr

- Replay Timestamps (for which you think led to your revoke):

SPARK's POINTS * 7:42.00 - Unaware of where the suspect was, which lead to a collision.

10:55.00 - The moment when the ram had occurred.

12:27.00 - Isn't aware of the surroundings, causes another crash but apologizes. Must say that the cruisers clearly did not respect sirens at this point.

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve your rights back:

in response to Spark's first timestamp, 7:42.00 - I was not unaware of where the suspect was in my point of view. I knew where he was, as otherwise I would not have been turning around. You can see this from the aerial view, and when looking from my point of view, I see the other police vehicles turning around. The collision was not only the fault of my own (for not looking right), but in my defense, I received a nasty shunt from behind which pushed me at greater speed infront of Spark. I can understandably understand his frustration, however, one I was back in control of my vehicle and heading in the right direction (after attempting to block him in by the barrier) there WAS an apology.I always try to be nice and fair with people, it goes a long way.. So I thought!

10:55.00 - I totally agree that I was probably a bit heavy handed, however nothing bad resulted from the 'ram' or tactical contact (which no doubt, as previously said, was a bit forceful).

12:27.00 - Again, I did not check right, however, this could have been totally avoided if the other users were paying attention to the road ahead and the fact that 'SIREN' was written in bright red across their screen, along with the blaring sound of sirens, and the no doubt obvious chaos in the road. I had bad binds set up at the time, and since receiving a new wheel a few weeks ago, I have started playing again and am finding the left/right binds well placed in comparison.

The admin which looked into the report I believe was fair, however a bit harsh. I had already had my cop rights revoked for acting like an idiot when I first started. That changed, and I can tell you straight up that in every pursuit there is no mall intent; I want nothing more than to get on and have fun with people and enjoy a good chase. I like to think I'm a fair cop who can get on with people and role-play realistically with tickets and understand people's reasoning. After all, it's a game, and at the end of the day, we're here to have fun, not bicker and argue. The admin said that I need more practice copping, but re-doing training is not only time consuming, and in my opinion, a little pointless as I already managed to pass once, but not the same as the real thing, despite it being set up to replicate it. In my opinion, the only thing that will help me, is another chance to get back out there as a cop, enjoy myself, calm down a little and just practice. Practice driving, practice resolving issues with people and just remember it's a game to have fun.

I always enjoyed the game and yesterday was the first time I have been on the server since the report; as I'm sure you can imagine, it wound me up a lot.

I appreciate they were revoked for a reason, and that I understand, but if it could be re-looked into, and understood from my position too, that would be greatly appreciated. If they could be given back, then even better! Thumbup

Thanks in advance for your time,

Nick / Quattro!
This cop rights revocation appeal is being looked into by CityDriving Management. The original admin who revoked your rights may reply with their side. Please be patient.
Hello,

I'm the admin who requested the revocation of your rights.

Looking at this incident again, I think it's perfectly reasonable that you should retake Basic and Advanced - something that you should have probably done during this time - as it would help you much more in the long run than to just give your rights back straight away.

You may say this:

Quote:In my opinion, the only thing that will help me, is another chance to get back out there as a cop, enjoy myself, calm down a little and just practice.

However, the best thing for you, in my experience in Training, is that you practice your driving for the training you need to retake, then let both your Training sessions help you further with your copping. I feel as if your lack of awareness would not help you at all, and Training can most certainly help you with that. Not to mention it would help your manoeuvres get better than ever.

And as you've said, you've had a pretty bad history of copping and I think now is the time to get some proper help so you come back knowing a lot more than if your rights were just returned to you straight away.
Hello,

Sorry for the wait, Quatto. We wanted to discuss this properly and due to real life commitments, it's been hard to gather everyone.

Now, to the appeal.

07:42:00

- We agree with you on this one. Ideally, you should be more aware of your surroundings, but mistakes can be made and the fact that you were rear ended during the turn was a contributing factor.

10:55:00

- This move is completely unacceptable and we are having a hard time understanding your justification of it. If you watch the replay, you'll notice that Sparks car suffers a significant amount of suspension damage because of it.

Pitting a car that is driving alongside a wall will never result in anything other than excessive damage or a possible lag "explosion", where the involved vehicles will be rocketed in various directions. Please take note of this, because as mentioned, it isn't tolerated on our servers.

12:27:00

- As a cop, you will be performing maneouvres that can be hard to predict for surrounding vehicles and this is important to keep in mind while playing. That said, it's not unreasonable to assume that people will respect and yield to the visual siren, which is why we have decided that this incident should be judged in your favour.

All in all, we've agreed that your cop rights should be reinstated, but accompanied with a warning on your URS for any future incidents of a character similar to the one at 10:55:00. Please note that ideally, none of the incidents depicted in Spark's report should have taken place and that with proper situational awareness, it wouldn't have.

It is recommended that you attend some form for training, but this won't be forced upon you. However, please note that this will all be noted in the aforementioned warning and should any of your future actions as a cop come under scrutiny, these will be taken into consideration.

I'll reinstate your rights shortly. Please note that in order to play as a cop, you will have to pass a cop test first.

- Management.

Appeal granted. Your cop rights will be reinstated for the reasons above.
Reference URL's