[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 20/03/2016 Bumper cars [Discussion]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: RDwvPuy.jpg]

Sunday 20th of March at 19.00 UTC!

Please use this thread for discussions, questions and such.
REMINDER: 48h to go, you can still signup at the Signup Thread

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=21822
REMINDER:
Today 20th of March at 19.00 UTC!

Sign-ups are still open:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=21822
My laptop's charging port got just broken and used all battery to write the warrantit things, so I can not attend Sad
Server information sent out to those who has signed up. Please let me know if you didn't receive anything but are signed up.

Also, it looks like we will only be enough for 4 teams, meaning there will be no waiting. So most likely only be Green 1, Red 1, Blue 1 and Red 1. We will see how many turns up later.

(2016-03-20 16:03)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]My laptop's charging port got just broken and used all battery to write the warrantit things, so I can not attend Sad

That's ok. I sent you the server info anyway in case you find a way to join.
Can you change my display name in the sign ups thread to [TC] Spencer instead of Pik_d in order to match Pete and Connor? Thanks.
(2016-03-20 17:47)pik_d Wrote: [ -> ]Can you change my display name in the sign ups thread to [TC] Spencer instead of Pik_d in order to match Pete and Connor? Thanks.

Done Thumbup
Thanks everyone for joining the event.

Sorry about the trouble at the start. After the last LFS update, Scawen did some updates to the insim protocol and I have been very busy so I did not get a chance to test everything properly. But after some quick debugging fortunately we could fix it.

Also the change from 4 people in each team to 6 people was a last minute call and in my opinion it turned out to work pretty good. Feel free to come with feedback about it, or anything else about the event.
Thanks for the event Smile
Thanks for the event, it was really good once it got going!
It was great event! I realy enjoyed it, thank you! Smile)
Great event, layout came a long way since i was last in and there were lots of improvements, looking forwards to the next events!
Great and fun event, Red jumped to lead at last round because Matt disconnected too early!! Biggrin

Great job, aside from the hassle from the start Tongue
Thanks for participating Smile
Shame it didn't start too smoothly, other than that it was pretty good fun!

As for team yellow's somewhat defensive approach to a couple of the rounds, it was quite a fun idea and something different to the normal way people approach bumper cars. If you have a problem with teams using defensive rather than offensive strategies, it might be worth adding something to the rules or altering the layout to stop people from hiding so easily. Otherwise, make it clear that being defensive is ok so that we don't get the 'cheating' spam for 20 minutes.
(2016-03-20 22:38)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]As for team yellow's somewhat defensive approach to a couple of the rounds, it was quite a fun idea and something different to the normal way people approach bumper cars. If you have a problem with teams using defensive rather than offensive strategies, it might be worth adding something to the rules or altering the layout to stop people from hiding so easily. Otherwise, make it clear that being defensive is ok so that we don't get the 'cheating' spam for 20 minutes.

That was indeed a mistake from our side, the fact there is no rule about being "idle" on track made this sort of things possible, as for why everything kept going on and nothing was really said about it. We tried to sort it on the moment by removing those objects which made people were using to hide, however, sooner or later new spots were found so that's surely a thing which will improve for next event(s).

Either a few new rules or layout edits to avoid confusion Rolleyes
(2016-03-20 22:38)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Shame it didn't start too smoothly, other than that it was pretty good fun!

As for team yellow's somewhat defensive approach to a couple of the rounds, it was quite a fun idea and something different to the normal way people approach bumper cars. If you have a problem with teams using defensive rather than offensive strategies, it might be worth adding something to the rules or altering the layout to stop people from hiding so easily. Otherwise, make it clear that being defensive is ok so that we don't get the 'cheating' spam for 20 minutes.

It is about fun, fun = hitting ppl, getting them roll over. Yeah, yellows strategy was funny, but only the first time you did it Wink after that it became to us as cheating Tongue Simple rule should be great to prevent TC´s style Tongue Wink but it was great fun Smile
(2016-03-20 22:46)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-20 22:38)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]As for team yellow's somewhat defensive approach to a couple of the rounds, it was quite a fun idea and something different to the normal way people approach bumper cars. If you have a problem with teams using defensive rather than offensive strategies, it might be worth adding something to the rules or altering the layout to stop people from hiding so easily. Otherwise, make it clear that being defensive is ok so that we don't get the 'cheating' spam for 20 minutes.

That was indeed a mistake from our side, the fact there is no rule about being "idle" on track made this sort of things possible, as for why everything kept going on and nothing was really said about it. We tried to sort it on the moment by removing those objects which made people were using to hide, however, sooner or later new spots were found so that's surely a thing which will improve for next event(s).

Either a few new rules or layout edits to avoid confusion Rolleyes

So I guess you won't endorse it as a strategy option? Makes some sense I think.
Perhaps the other teams could devise a strategy of their own to counter this defensive strategy rather than just banning it altogether. It makes for a more interesting game rather than, as I said, having an all-out slug-fest. What some people think is fun, others might think being defensive is fun in itself, especially as you need to talk to each other to coordinate it properly, requiring more teamwork than the more offensive strategies.

You may have found it annoying, then there's some fun to have trying to counteract what we were achieving and use some teamwork of your own. We're in teams after all, why play solely as individuals?
(2016-03-20 23:40)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess you won't endorse it as a strategy option? Makes some sense I think.

Well it depends, we either make it clear for everyone that they are allowed to do it or decide that being defensive is not what you are supposed to do, depends what the most of the people wants , as the whole idea is that everyone enjoys Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's