[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Weird g29 problem - failtech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this problem for a while now. When I turn the wheel, random buttons are activated. Not just LFS, Assetto Corsa, Race 07, RF2 and more. Only found 1 example of the same problem. Tried on different computer and reinstalling software, still no change. Bearing in mind this is already my 2nd g29, Im not pleased. (and had 1 broken g27, bro had 2 broken g27 + 1 broken g29 - failtech?)
Thought its a weird problem

Vid to show problem - https://youtu.be/qNeddZcZrbs
If you have a read through here https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-...-p/1425361

You'll see quite a few are having the same problem, it seems like it's something to do with the connector pins. On the forum there's annotated images explaining what to do (seems like a pain), but ofc remember, if you do, you'll void warranty.
Oh nice, never came across this. Its very annoying cant map any button, and I do have warranty but just haven't returned for a long time. Why do these wheels break so easily :-( I know there are people who have had many replaced ones but then there are people who have had theirs for years
Why peoples keeps buying Logitech product if they know that the build quality is bad Ohmy
(You're not the 1st who face a problem with Logitech sadly, As I'm here playing with a mouse and don't feel the need of a steering wheel.)

On topic: If I was you, I'd return the wheel to the shop / store that I bought it from and get a new replacement, If you don't mind opening it and seeing what the problem could be, Then I suspect that there could be something broken over there and is causing connections with the buttons that when you turn the wheel the buttons are pressed

(2016-03-23 23:02)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Why peoples keeps buying Logitech product if they know that the build quality is bad Ohmy
(You're not the 1st who face a problem with Logitech sadly, As I'm here playing with a mouse and don't feel the need of a steering wheel.)

On topic: If I was you, I'd return the wheel to the shop / store that I bought it from and get a new replacement, If you don't mind opening it and seeing what the problem could be, Then I suspect that there could be something broken over there and is causing connections with the buttons that when you turn the wheel the buttons are pressed

I'd rather just return it, opening it looks very complicated and it could void the warranty, which I don't want
(2016-03-23 23:02)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Why peoples keeps buying Logitech product if they know that the build quality is bad Ohmy

I've had several Logitech products and never had an issue with them other than dirty pots. I've had several issues with the few razer products I've bought though (never again).
Had to send two G27's back due to them giving me shocks whenever touching the metal, as well as the gear stick failing to respond. My current G29 is running well; maybe a Fanatic in some yummy alcantara once this thing dies. That's if my real car steering isn't fun enough in a year when I drive haha. Hope you get it sorted man!
If you don't thrash your wheel around it's likely to last a good while, unless you got a bad batch.

But yeah just take it back, it's easier
My G27 wheel is fine 4.5 years lol. How be? Only Pedals is dead.

Thurstmaster T150 or T300 + Fanatec CSR Clubsport V3 = life ftw.

but damn overprice. GG
(2016-04-09 11:37)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]My G27 wheel is fine 4.5 years lol. How be? Only Pedals is dead.

Thurstmaster T150 or T300 + Fanatec CSR Clubsport V3 = life ftw.

but damn overprice. GG

Translation:

"My G27 Steering Wheel is fine and it is 4 and a half years old, however, the pedal potentiometers have snapped so now they are rendered useless.

One combination I would recommend is placing either a Thrustmaster T150RS or a Thrustmaster T300RS with some Fanatec CSR Clubsport V3 Pedals. This is a very good combination. However, you will have to save up quite a bit to get these items as they are quite expensive."
Thank you Skoda Smile
lol

Nice translation!
Im poor speak english Sad

@Skoda Thanks Smile
Reference URL's