[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Thrustmaster T300 Noise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello,

was wondering if anyone could tell me if this noise is normal? I've already had to return one due to a knocking fault of some kind, the noise is louder than it appears on video

Thanks
Welcome to Thrustmaster build quality.. Is there any resistance when you hear the noise?
Is that the 2nd one doing that?

Mine does not make that noise.

I will record a video either tonight or tomorrow for you.
Yeah this is the second one Pete

It doesn't feel any different Stephen, just makes some questionable noises some times
Thrustmasters replied to me:

"Hi,
The belt system can make this noise when product is new. This should disappear after a few hours of use (after the “break-in” period). Nevertheless if the noise persists after the “break-in” period thank you to contact us again."

Seems odd but I'll trust what they are saying for now, although it is weird how when the wheel starts up/calibrates it likes to bash itself of the lock stops but I'm guessing that is normal too
Okay, so the Facebook page gave me that answer but email support gave me this answer:

"Regarding your T300 Ferrari GTE.
Thank you for your interest in our products.

Regarding the issue that you are experiencing, we have a couple of questions:

1. When you performed the video recording, was the wheel connected to the PC or console? Was it during the gaming session?

2. If you performed the video while you had the wheel plugged at the power outlet and at the USB port, please check if you receive the same result when the wheel is not plugged and connected and reply back to this email providing us also with the following:

- a copy of the invoice attached

- a photo taken at the serial number located on the black sticker under the base of the wheel

- your complete postal address and a phone number where you can be reached

We are looking forward to your answer."
They replied via the email service with this message "After analysing the data, we concluded that we must retrieve the base for a technical inspection to have it repaired.", I would just return it to amazon but they already sent me two broken ones, I think I should maybe go with this option instead of giving amazon a third chance to send me a non-faulty item.
Send it back next week after CL Wink
Yeah they are sending me a pre-paid postage thing so I can send just the base to them, I've already told them I will not be able to send it before Tuesday W00t
Reference URL's