[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: It is here, New PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,

i know you are anoyed by everyone´s questions about new pc, but i am realy noob in this topic.

I would like to upgrade my wooden PC (to buy a new one Biggrin)

Current parts: ( "*" parts i will take to the new one)
*Power suply: 750W (dont know brand now)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990 FX
GPU: AMD Radeon 6870, 1gb
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4, Black edition, 3,2 GHz
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Vengeance
* SSD 128gb, HDD 1t

I would like to buy something that would not have to upgrade for nex few years (my current pc was not upgraded for 4 years)

My option:
Power suply: stands still 750W
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO
GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC, 4GD5
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
RAM: Kingston 16GB KIT DDR4 2133MHz CL14 HyperX Fury Black Series
Cooling: ..Would it need some higher type of cooling? CPU/GPU or both? (watter cooling is not the one i am looking for)

I can not talk about price (another currency), but it is now the highest as i can go (maybe i can find something cheaper)

I am long-time AMD user, now it is time for Intel. Also i want to try some "streaming", just for fun.

Every good advice, would be appreciated Smile ...or if you have any other possible parts option (with same/similar performance and cheaper price)

Thank you Smile
Stock coolers will do if you're not going to overclock. However if you're going to overclock, then buying a cooler is highly recommended, if not a must. Hope that helps a bit Smile
(2016-04-13 21:25)N Power Wrote: [ -> ]Stock coolers will do if you're not going to overclock. However if you're going to overclock, then buying a cooler is highly recommended, if not a must. Hope that helps a bit Smile

Naah, overclocking is not for me. I am glad i can even turn PC on Wink Thank you, Nitro Smile
It all depends on what are u going to use your computer.

For play Tetris, your current computer is enough
If u are planing to play GTA VI , prepare a great hardware fpr it. Your suggestion seems to be good one
(2016-04-13 21:42)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]It all depends on what are u going to use your computer.

For play Tetris, your current computer is enough
If u are planing to play GTA VI , prepare a great hardware fpr it. Your suggestion seems to be good one

I play LFS on my current PC Biggrin Works fine Biggrin

I am a serious player, i want everything to look as good as it can go. I ejnoy graphic and if i can not run something on high res. i am dissapointed.

Also i am asking for help in way if these parts can run together. If it is balanced or not
I got the same GPU, the same motherboard and the same RAM type/speed (not manufacturer) and it works very well, so its a FOR SURE from me.

Regarding cooling, I got a noctua CPU cooler instead of the stock one (NH-U12P SE2)

And about the CPU, it depends on what you want, perhaps an i5 can be as suitable as an i7, depends on your usage.
(2016-04-13 22:08)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]I got the same GPU, the same motherboard and the same RAM type/speed (not manufacturer) and it works very well, so its a FOR SURE from me.
Nice one, so it is already tested (or a bigger half) Wink Smile

(2016-04-13 22:08)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding cooling, I got a noctua CPU cooler instead of the stock one (NH-U12P SE2)
Yeah, as Nitro said the stock would do it good. I can buy additional cooling everytime if the stock one would not be enough. Writting down your advice with Noctua Smile

(2016-04-13 22:08)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]And about the CPU, it depends on what you want, perhaps an i5 can be as suitable as an i7, depends on your usage.
I think CPU will be realy busy under mine orders Smile but i will check both possibilities.

Thank you Smile)
If you check for another CPU, just do like you did with the 1st one you chose, ensure its a CPU which supports DDR4 RAM Smile

And about cooling, indeed, that's something you can always change at a later stage if you do not feel it being enough. The GPU's cooling is totally fine, if you buy the model you wrote which is the one I have the fans remain silent until ~65*C I believe. Never heard it when playing GTA V or any other stuff so Smile
(2016-04-13 22:27)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]If you check for another CPU, just do like you did with the 1st one you chose, ensure its a CPU which supports DDR4 RAM Smile

That is the thing i don´t understand so much. I always find parts and in the end they can not work together properly. I am glad this set can Smile

(2016-04-13 22:27)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]And about cooling, indeed, that's something you can always change at a later stage if you do not feel it being enough. The GPU's cooling is totally fine, if you buy the model you wrote which is the one I have the fans remain silent until ~65*C I believe. Never heard it when playing GTA V or any other stuff so Smile

Sounds realy good Smile If i realize all this...god i am looking forward to it so much Smile
Hyper 212 evo is what I use on my 6600k for cooling. Id recommend it because its cheap and will keep your temps cooler even if you are not overclocking. I am overclocked at 4.4ghz and it works amazingly well.
(2016-04-13 22:49)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]Hyper 212 evo is what I use on my 6600k for cooling. Id recommend it because its cheap and will keep your temps cooler even if you are not overclocking. I am overclocked at 4.4ghz and it works amazingly well.

Yes, i had exactly this one in my options for cooling parts. It is nice cheap and how you say, it works fine too Smile
Good parts pro.
Don't cheap out on power supplies, 'stands still' sounds dodgy for a psu brand xD
INB4:

[Image: dangerous-cheap-psu.jpg]
PSU is the most important thing in a computer, it's the one that actually delivers the power to the machine. Rather spend a bit extra money on a new PSU aswell.
(2016-04-14 11:19)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]INB4:

I bought a new PSU few months ago, because the last one ended almost same as in the picture. There is now some quality PSU, but i am not at home to look which brand it is.
Maybe it is an idea to wait for nVidia to launch their new Pascal-GPU.
I heard that nVidia just send out the invitations to the press for the launch of the Pascal-chip.
In a few weeks we know what we can expact.

Just a tought Tongue
(2016-04-14 11:39)MvB Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it is an idea to wait for nVidia to launch their new Pascal-GPU.
I heard that nVidia just send out the invitations to the press for the launch of the Pascal-chip.
In a few weeks we know what we can expact.

Just a tought Tongue

And how big a price jump will be?
(2016-04-14 11:45)Iacob Wrote: [ -> ]And how big a price jump will be?

They are speculating about it. From what I have read is that the price of the x70 Pascal will be between (to be safe) €350 - €450. I say this because they still sell the 970's for around €300 - €350 here in The Netherlands.
(2016-04-14 11:49)MvB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-14 11:45)Iacob Wrote: [ -> ]And how big a price jump will be?

They are speculating about it. From what I have read is that the price of the x70 Pascal will be between (to be safe) €350 - €450. I say this because they still sell the 970's for around €300 - €350 here in The Netherlands.

I think im going to stay with this model, i found one wich has its prize lowered about 10%
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's