[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How to output the sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys!

Im here , cause i have a doubt and i dont know how to solve it , so , im going to explain my problem.

I have a PS4 video console , which one have this conections:

The PS4 is conected via HDMI to my computer monitor (HanssG HS271 27") which have those conections:

*What is the problem?
Well , the speakers of the monitor , arent the best option. You can hear with them , but aren't the best ones , atleast , for games which requires a great sound system. How can i solve it?

*What do I want?
I want to hear the sound of PS4 with my speakers (dont need to be 5.1 sound , i can be happy with 2.1 or 2.0).

I have one 5.1 speakers system (Creative A520) , which one dont have a in-put conection:

I have my computer , which one dont have sound car , and the motherboard, dont have in-put conection

*What had i think?
1. I have thought one buying a soundcard with in-put conection , but ,im going to be available to hear pc and ps4?

2. Also i have thought in add a cable , wich convert 1 jack (the one wich comes from spekaers) to 2 jacks (one for my computer , other jack to my monitor) , but , its that a great solution?

*What you guys suggest to me?

Thanks in advance!

You said your speakers dont have an input? To my knowledge you can only use headphones then, bc you need an input to be able to run a connection from ps4 to speakers.
What sort of speakers have no input? Are these things actual speakers or just painted bricks with a Creative logo?
(2016-04-27 14:31)TheGoldEST Wrote: [ -> ]You said your speakers dont have an input? To my knowledge you can only use headphones then, bc you need an input to be able to run a connection from ps4 to speakers.
Yes , them dont have input , as you can see in the image , thats why i suggested some diferent options , but im not sure if them will work...

(2016-04-27 15:20)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]What sort of speakers have no input? Are these things actual speakers or just painted bricks with a Creative logo?
Yes, Creative A520 dont have it. Just , have to say that them werent so expensive (60+/- €)
(2016-04-27 15:20)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]What sort of speakers have no input? Are these things actual speakers or just painted bricks with a Creative logo?

They do obviously have the RCA input, which the PS4 doesn't have.

You can use an Optical Toslink-to-Coaxial (RCA) converter and the needed optical and RCA-cables to input sound to your existing speaker set.
(2016-04-27 18:39)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Chuck' pid='210770' dateline='1461770440']

You can use an Optical Toslink-to-Coaxial (RCA) converter and the needed optical and RCA-cables to input sound to your existing speaker set.

I will take a look on your answer , really apreciate. The problem its that i use the same speakers for PC , so , change the cables from PS4 to PC everytime can be a bit bored cause its not easy to acess to subwofer/conections , but i will think on this option...

Thanks!
Right, if you really want a sweet rig then you could also buy an RCA splitter to change the source with a switch! W00t
[Image: 51fvk%2BdinTL._AC_UL320_SR256,320_.jpg]
(2016-04-27 19:55)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]Right, if you really want a sweet rig then you could also buy an RCA splitter to change the source with a switch! W00t
[Image: 51fvk%2BdinTL._AC_UL320_SR256,320_.jpg]

WOW.

That costs less than 5€ ans seems to be the best and pro solution.

Really apreciate for your help Audiojack! Im sure that your name means something Tongue

I will buy it... then comment how it works..
I have that exact RCA switch and it worked well when i wanted to switch my sound from PC to Xbox.
(2016-04-27 23:30)Ph4nToM Wrote: [ -> ]I have that exact RCA switch and it worked well when i wanted to switch my sound from PC to Xbox.

I have ordered for 4€ in Ebay, and it will arrive in 10 days, i will post how it works for me.

Thanks for post that it works!
(2016-04-27 18:39)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]

I had the same idea for a minute , BUT those RCA connectors should be the output where the satellite speakers are connected to. The input is still missing. Look at this photo and you see what I mean:
http://external.webstorage.gr/images/070...704474.jpg

@Borja: Can you make an actual photo of the speakers and the connectors, instead of posting some general image?

(2016-04-27 17:04)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, Creative A520 dont have it. Just , have to say that them werent so expensive (60+/- €)
That question was rather ironic. All speakers must have some sort of input. What you say sounds like "this car has no engine because its a cheap one".
Rewritten this below
(2016-04-28 05:49)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
@Borja: Can you make an actual photo of the speakers and the connectors, instead of posting some general image?
The one you have posted are the exactly model of my speakers, and you can see the rear, but i will do a photo as soon as I get home.
[Image: 9YyLl93.jpg]
  • Control Volumen
  • 3 cables (jacks) and cable for control the volumen
  • 5 rca conections for every speaker
  • Cable for power suply

(2016-04-28 05:49)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-27 17:04)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
That question was rather ironic. All speakers must have some sort of input. What you say sounds like "this car has no engine because its a cheap one".

Haha, sorry, sometimes my poor English don't let me explain so wel.. What I had tryed to explain, its that the speakers dont have optical input conection, never wanted to said that them dont have rca conection sorry.
I have made an scheme, and seems that every thing works. I repat, as soon as I get home i will post it.

[Image: wSDopM0.jpg]

Well , we hace to ways:
  1. PS4 via optical to converter , then rca to rca splitter , then to frontal speakers
  2. Pc to splitter , then to frontal speakers

Edited with photos Smile
[Image: hthoidx.png]

The speakers must be plugged in directly where they belong, cause that Creative box will output an amplified signal (!). If you connect something else there, you will most likely damage or destroy it.

I have another simple solution though. Let the sound go through the display. Just plug the green plug (from the speakers) into the (black) headphone jack on your monitor.
Ensure the volume control on the display is set to zero and then slowly increase it. Don't put it too high or you will get some bad clipping and cracking sound.

Like this:
[Image: nCoDDMu.png]
So the PS4 sound will go through the HDMI into the display and then via the headphone jack into the speakers. Obviously, only the front speakers will work then. If you want a better solution then you will indeed need some additional hardware.

Do you want your PC sound as well on the speakers?

Edit: Example hardware you could use to get 5.1 sound:
http://www.amazon.de/Ligawo-%C2%AE-SPDIF...B00JL9PIOE
Explanation video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6bb4WJzLQ

Another option would be to get a speaker system with some sort of digital input.
Mmm , thanks for tell me before i destroy them, i never knew/expected it

Yes, thats the best solution and i dont have any problem with only listen from 2 speakers. The problem, is that i dont have easy access to jack from my computer , then change it, then change again,....

Yes, i want to hear computer also.
Thanks for share this product, ill take a look on it...

And yes, thats the great idea, but money dont help me to buy a new speakers system..
You can connect your computer at the same time. Just connect the green jack from your PC output to the green jack at your display. Just beside the headphone connector.

So both signals, from PC and PS4, will go through the display and will go via the headphone out into the speakers.
I have an idea, use the Optical Output (S/PDIF)
I made an assumption here, because your picture didn't have these 3.5mm wires shown in this photo here (the black, orange and green):
[Image: creative-a520-black-extra1-1000-0704474.jpg]

So assuming that you might have the 3.5mm jacks anyway, you could do it like this.

[Image: woY7c8n.jpg]

1. TOSLINK from the PS4 to the analog converter
2. RCA from the analog converter to the hub
3. RCA to 3.5mm jack from the hub to the subwoofer/amplifier
4. RCA from the subwoofer/amplifier to the speakers, as usual
5. 3.5mm to RCA-cable from your computer to the hub, if you want to include this
You can also make it own if you are pretty good in electronic
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's