[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How to get notified when you get a tow call when LFS is minimized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Do you want to get notified when someone calls a tow when LFS is minimized (or wants to hear a loud sound when someone calls a tow)? Here is how! I use it when i play other games and LFS (as medical) at the same time.

I asked for a way to make a program for this, and Chuck helped me (see http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...id=22209). I made the program LfsTowNotifier for it. You need .NET Framework 4.5.2. for it. It's probably already installed on your Windows, but if it's not you can click here to download and install it.

There was a logfile of the chat needed in previous versions, but LFS Tow Notifier works from since 5.0 with InSim to communicate with LFS. This is easier because you simply don't need a logfile anymore.

Download link: http://bit.do/lfstownotifier
Arduino-sketches and the changelog are also there.

How does it work:

First, open the downloaded program. Follow the instructions if you opened it for the first time. Press '(Re)connect' after you opened LFS, although it'll automatically connect to LFS when LFS is already open and listening on port 29999 for InSim-connections.

You will hear beeps when someones call for:
  • a tow (with or without danger)
  • danger on the road
  • winch support

How does it beep:
-+ = short high beep
-- = short low beep
=- = long high beep
=+ = long low beep
=-- = long very high beep

-+ -+ -+ (program can't connect to the InSim-interface)
=- =- =- ('is calling a tow' and 'requests winch support.')
=- =-- =- ('with danger' and 'is calling for backup')
=+ ('cancelled the call')
=- =+ =+ ('is reporting a danger on the road')

You can replace the .mp3-files in the LFSTowNotifier-folder to change the sounds.

From version 5.0:
You can use an Arduino-device to let your Arduino perform actions when someone calls for emergencies, but it's not required ofcourse.
Your Arduino needs to be connected via USB. The communucation is done by writing to the serial port of the Arduino.
LFSTowNotifier automatically recognises your Arduino after connecting it to your computer. After a (re)start of the program or a emergency call, the program searches for your possibly present Arduino.
Version 5.1 can be used for COP's too again.

Version 5.0 wouldn't work without InSimDotNet.dll. Please use version 5.1 if you want a working program without the need of adding the .dll-file manually to the working directory. Version 5.0 and higher uses the InSim-interface.

You can place suggestions, bugs, compliments and complaints in this thread.

Special thanks to Chuck for creating the most of the first versions of the program (until version 4) and special thanks to Neko for testing and modifing it to make his own version (Neko's version has other beeps). Neko's version is offline at the moment.

To-do list:
  1. Do you know something? Post it in the comments!

Regards, [CSR]Wouter
Getting an external notification when you're going to be kicked for idling seems to defeat the purpose behind the idle kick system. I hope this does not encourage anyone to abuse the idle kick system.
@BP, i'm afraid that will happen. I will remove it and meanwhile i will remove the link.

EDIT: The program is modified and the link is back!
Most welcome. Smile
A cop version would be amazing! Even more with personalised sounds for each action (just a folder with sounds, I guess?).

Nice work.
Cop version is a work in progress right now. Smile

I just need a list of words/phrases for the cops that most the police want to be notified for.
Personally i would like sounds for !laser readings. one for "ignored" and one for the red dot (no ignored?). I actually downloaded the source for this that chuck provided and had a little look, attempted to mod it slightly for banter but im useless with C+ lmao xD, i got a noise for connects and disconnects but when it comes to laser readings the program woouldnt do anything :Sad
Yukine, i have made a new version with personalised sounds. I will upload it soon.

EDIT: The new version is uploaded.
Version 1.1 is uploaded. It's a .ZIP-file with a directory with the sound files. You can replace them if you want.
Any news?
I have summer vacation now, so i'm going to release a new version in a couple of weeks.

Regards, [CSR]Wouter
Version 2.0 is uploaded. It's a .ZIP-file with a directory with the sound files. You can replace them is you want.

The sound when someone is calling a tow with danger is the same as the sound when someone is calling for backup (if the checkbox 'Cop' is checked, otherwise you won't be notified when someone calls for backup).

Quote:Added: It also responds to backup-calls for cops when the checkbox 'Cop' is checked in the GUI.
Added: It also displays a dialog when someone need help or when someone calls for backup.
Fixed: It responds now to lower-case texts only, it responded to upper-case texts also before.
Where is a cop version and where tow version?
Quote:Download link: http://bit.do/lfstownotifier
What is the issue when it says "logger status: dead"?.
You have to give the path to the logfile and you have to click on 'Start/Restart' when you've selected that logfile.

The status is 'dead' when it can't find the logfile.
Version 3.0 is uploaded. It's a .ZIP-file with a directory with the sound files. You can replace them is you want.

The sound when someone is calling a tow is the same as the sound when someone is calling winch support.

Quote:Added: It also responds to calls for winch supports.
Good job, keep it up Wouter. Wink
both links don't work
All links are working, but the one of Neko's program isn't. That's not my program, so I can't fix it, sorry (I don't have his program on my computer anymore AFAIK, only somewhere on a back-up HDD).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's