[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gumball 2016 - Radio Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AiyBr1c.png]

RADIO INFORMATION

Once again, I will be hosting my usual Radio Competitions for the duration of the rally. This is not exclusive to myself and other DJs are certainly welcome to host their own. This year the main focus will be on the Warm-Up and Opening Night where the radio show will make everything extra special including the best hits and competitions.

N.B You do not have to be signed up for Gumball or be logged into [TC] CityDriving One to take part in these competitions. Those on [TC] CityDriving Two/Three/Four and the public may take part.

Competition Types

There are many different forms of Competitions and here are just some of those that you can look forward to.

General Knowledge Quiz
This is a firm favourite among Gumballers

Themes

There are many different types of questions I could give you, and here are some of the themes of questions you can expect:
  • Motorsport
  • Sports (of any kind)
  • Countries Around The World
  • General Car Knowledge
  • Country Capitals

How to Play
  • I will ask everyone a question on a specific theme through the radio
  • I will repeat the question once more (a further two times if it is long)
  • The 'Countdown Clock'* music will start**
  • Once the music is finished, I will check the answers through the Chatlogs, specifically looking at who got the right answer first***
  • The person who provided the correct answer first wins the prize money for that round

Usual Prize Pool (per round): €1000-€7500

Guess The Car Sound

How to Play

The clue is in the name:
  • I will provide everyone with a different car sound through the radio
  • Once the car sound if finished, depending on the duration of that sound (i.e. if it is too short, it will be played a 2nd time), the 'Countdown Clock'* music will start**
  • Once the music is finished, I will check the answers through the Chatlogs, specifically looking at who got the right answer first***
  • The person who provided the correct car name first wins the prize money for that round

Usual Prize Pool (per round): €1000-€5000

*The 'Countdown Clock' music indicates to competitors that they have 30 seconds to get their answers in via !request.
**You may NOT submit your answer before the 'Countdown Clock' music has started or your answer will not be taken.
***If no one answered correctly, no one gets prize money that round.

Hide & Seek

How to Play
  • During a song, I will go and hide my car in a hard-to-find place
  • I will then announce that "It's Hide & Seek time!"
  • Once you hear this line, you (The Seekers) must go and find me as fast as possible
  • The 'Countdown Clock' music will start if I have not been found within 1 minute
  • The first person to lightly tap me will win the prize for that round
  • If you full-on ram the Hider, you will not be eligible to win a prize

Usual Prize Pool (per round): €1000-€5000

Cash & Car Raffles
This special competition usually happens on The Opening Night and the final night of Gumball

How to Play
  • I will announce that a Raffle will be held on a given radio show
  • I will ask everyone to provide a number of their choice (between 1-100) through !request
  • If your number is not between 1-100, you must choose another number or you will not be counted
  • If your number is already taken, please pick another one through !request
  • Later on in the show, I will use a Random Number Generator for numbers between 1-100 to randomly choose a winner
  • The winner will receive whatever the prize is for said Raffle (InSim Cash or a New/Used car)

I am entitled to keep the tension and suspense high by bluffing the announcement of the winner and carrying on with the music.

Usual Prize Pool: €10,000-€50,000

AND/OR

One of the listed Cars (Used/New):
  • UF1
  • XFG
  • XRG
  • XRT
  • FXO
  • RB4
  • LX4
  • LX6
  • MRT
  • RAC
  • FZ5
  • UFR
  • XFR

The Opening Night

The Opening Night will be extra special with a host of radio shows throughout the Warm-Up party as well as some of the duration of The Opening Night.

Competitions

Competitions will be the 'Star of the Show' for the radio and will be your chance to win big to save up for some Gumball money! So be sure you get your Opening Night ticket for [TC] CityDriving One or [TC] CityDriving Two to witness the full experience of Gumball and the Gumball Radio!

[TC] Top 100 Songs

That's right, it's back! We will be starting the Top 100 Songs Chart where we left off earlier this year. This will be from No. 37 right through to No. 1 and will take place for the duration of the Warm-Up party and if need be, The Opening Night.

The current Song Chart can be found below:

Current Song Chart (Click to View)

Alternatively, you can check the thread here: CLICK HERE

Requests

As well as the Top 100 Songs Chart, as usual, I will be taking any Song Requests (via !request) throughout the show. However, I will only take requests once the Top 100 Songs Chart has gotten to No. 1. I am sure you are all looking forward to hearing the No. 1 song so don't fret too much that you cannot request a song!

Song Requests Rules

The rules for Song Requests are the same as always and apply to all radio shows:
  • No songs with excessive swearing or inappropriate subjects in them.
  • Keep the Troll/Joke songs to a minimum, people want to listen to the best hits.
  • Respect each other's taste in music. You do not need to like someone's request, but you equally do not need to tell them this or insult them because of the song they requested.
  • Only request one song at a time. Once your request has finished playing, you may request another song.
  • Do not use !request to talk to the DJ, please use !pm if you need to speak to them. You will be kicked from the server if you continue to do this.

As you can see, there is plenty to look forward to on The Opening Night and throughout the rally. The Radio will be bigger than ever this year and you don't want to miss out; be sure to tune in and regularly check the Radio Timetable for the times of the radio shows. There will be plenty of music and competitions to sink your ears/teeth into, and we at [TC] Radio can't wait to keep you entertained for the duration of Gumball 2016!

Radio Donations: CLICK HERE
Reference URL's