[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS not saving the settings well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ! Here i come with another problem.

Well , last days im having problems with my lfs.
-Dont know why , when i start it , it appears with my recruit tag. I can delete the profile , but as soon as I restart lfs , it autoapears again.
-When i made a screenshot , it save with some strange dates.
-Can load properly the skins.

As i have been having those problems, i decide to start with a fresh lfs. I have copy-pasted only the setups, and start from 0 again. But no , im having a problem that i dont save the settings of my camera , not saving any bind , changing my wheel controllers...

What is going on there? What is the problem? It is gettin me a bit nervous cause i cant understand the problem..

Thanks in advance,
Borja.
There is probably a file with a invalid filename. Look in lfs/data/misc and delete the player files (*.ply) that you don't need/want anymore.
Chuck , I have delete every file there , and when I open my old lfs , auto appears again the same nickname. I have delete at lfs , and delete from folder to , but when I open LFS it auto apears again.

Also , this dont help to my new fresh lfs to save my settings.

I cant understand how if i delete everything from everywhere , how can it reapears...
Do you have lfs installed multiple times? Do you look in one folder and start it from another?
I had one instaled in the past (which one i just cut-pased in other place), which one is the one which have problems with tag , and one new with problems in settings.

No , i look everything from the same folder , not interfering with two diferent folders , i can understand that this is a bit hard to belive , but I will record my screen later for prove what I'm telling
Sorry , had to record it with phone as i never have been able to record with any computer program , but well , just see how i delete it from everywhere and auto-appears the same tag again.

The same problem with the other new fresh installation..

Hard to say whats going on. Maybe if I could see for myself via Teamviewer, if that's an option.
Ye , its really hard to belive whats going on, thats why i had post it here.

Going to send you a pm for lets see when we can conect.
For the first LFS, try changing its deleting permissions, maybe they changed itselves.
For the second one, try changing the writing permissions.
That should work.
i've heard from this from someone else. unfortuantely no solution yet.

but first of all i would try to get rid of the skinerror-message. and what is that LFS-restart.exe? Didnt you say it was a fresh install?

In another game i also had weird effects when a *.wav just had some wrong setting(stero instead of mono), that would make a skin not to load... so i would start of with a really fresh install without setttings, skins, lazy, skinviewer or whatever. You are running LFS as an admin?
We has a Teamviewer session yesterday and I must say that was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. The file rights and ownership looked alright but when changing those some error came up. "Failed to enumerate objects in the container."
Google it, its a pretty weird message, and the explanations range from "genuine bug" to "something weird with MS online accounts".
We solved it by deleting LFS's main cfg file. A file that I could rename and delete, but were not allowed to change it contents with notepad.
(2016-06-21 08:44)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]but first of all i would try to get rid of the skinerror-message. and what is that LFS-restart.exe? Didnt you say it was a fresh install?

You are running LFS as an admin?

That restart.exe its from the old LFS , not from the fresh installation Smile

And yes , Im and admin, i have been yesterday with Chuck , and he cant understand how if im admin , i cant have some rights. Well , he just reset the cfg file , and all is running again, maybe something wrong in this file.

Thanks for every coment , and thanks to Chuck for help me!
Reference URL's