[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gumball 2016 - Track Announcement & Start Procedure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AiyBr1c.png]

TRACK ANNOUNCEMENT & START PROCEDURE

[Image: iyeGbUp.png]

Track Announcement

The 2016 [TC] CityDriving Gumball 3000 rally will be held at Weston Park (Westhill) for the second year in a row.

We believe that Westhill can offer us more than any other map available in LFS at the moment. It gives us a medium speed race circuit and a plethora of slow, medium and fast escape roads which suit a variety of driving styles, something which is key during an event where people will be driving for several hours at a time.

Westhill will be loaded on all servers during the two week period in the interest of fairness for those who are competing in the 14 day distance challenge.

[Image: rIgjhH7.png]

Start Procedure

There will be an organised start on CityDriving One and Two commencing at 21:00 UTC+1 on Friday 5th August. CityDriving Three and Four will use the same layout but there will be no organised start there.

Teams and drivers with server one or server two opening night access will be asked to obey all admin instructions for the duration of the starting procedure. Any misconduct will result in you being excluded from the start.

Drivers will assemble in the car park and will be called out team by team. If you are on the server as an individual you will be called out after all of the teams have joined the queue. The order that teams are called out will depend on the amount of event donations that a team raises before the start time. In the real Gumball, the cars that leave the grid first are those who raised the most money for the Gumball charity in the run up to the rally.

Please see the image above for the procedure we will be following to get the Gumball under way!

For the full experience, please place this advertisement banner texture in your LFS/data/pic folder (AX_ADS1.jpg): DOWNLOAD

Gumball 2016 Ad Banner (Click to View)
This looks awesome Pete!

GB3K HYPE

[Image: 5puMvQm.gif]
It does indeed, my gawd the hype is real...
Great one! Looks very interesting

In case that you guys dont like the banners , here have the default ones :

And one question Pete , as it says : "The distance tracker begin when cross the podium" , is going to have the first car more advantage than the ones without team? Cuase think that if we have to stop for a screnshot , and be slow nd bla bla bla..
I didn't expect this, can't wait. Thank you TC.
Team Walri!
Looks neat!
(2016-06-19 16:57)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]And one question Pete , as it says : "The distance tracker begin when cross the podium" , is going to have the first car more advantage than the ones without team? Cuase think that if we have to stop for a screnshot , and be slow nd bla bla bla..

(2016-06-19 16:43)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Drivers will assemble in the car park and will be called out team by team. If you are on the server as an individual you will be called out after all of the teams have joined the queue. The order that teams are called out will depend on the amount of event donations that a team raises before the start time. In the real Gumball, the cars that leave the grid first are those who raised the most money for the Gumball charity in the run up to the rally.

Hope that helps! Smile
GUMBALL !!!!!
I can't wait! I love this start procedure Biggrin
Whoa! This is going to be awesome Biggrin Can't wait.
This year will be the most realistic. Looking forward to it!
(2016-06-19 19:30)ravisk Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa! This is going to be awesome Biggrin Can't wait.

That's nice, what overlay did you use?
(2016-06-19 21:44)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19 19:30)ravisk Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa! This is going to be awesome Biggrin Can't wait.

That's nice, what overlay did you use?

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/98736/Bann...ommets.jpg this + some random concrete wall texture with low opacity
That's great, I will actually use yours. Thanks.
Oh, Westhill gumball confirmed!
Getting excited now that ive seen and read all this.. should be the best 1 yet
Reminder to prepare yourself for tomorrow using this post, among others. Don't forget to get that Gumball banner texture (green link above) Wink
Getting really excited and i love the starting procedure
(2016-08-04 20:22)CyanKill Wrote: [ -> ]Getting really excited and i love the starting procedure

I know right! This is going to be good! Smile
Reference URL's