[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: FOX @ WE2 - Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming FOX @ WE2 race.
What's the ruling on pitstops/tyre changes?
No mandatory stops.
So a little update, me and Antonio did (or tried doing) a race stint, 33 laps. My front left tyre (we both used R2's) was gone after 25 laps (granted i spun like 5 times + i need to reconfigure the braking force a little bit, so i won't lock the front tyres when braking), Antonio managed to get through, but just barely. His tyre went out after 2 corners after finishing Biggrin 95% fuel should suffice (without pit stop).

With average time at 1:52Sealed Lips he was able to finish in ~1h03m, and that's about it Smile
A few of us are on the '[RDSR] Team Server' pass: bluedevil join for some practice. Smile
Your R2s should happily do 33 laps once you've done some stint practice.
The problem is my tires lock up when braking (before the double chicane and at the end of the straight after it), eating up my tires. I'll need to readjust a few stuff, hopefully it'll help Smile Still a long way to go to the event Smile
Thanks to Antonio, my PBs are improving Wink (currently 1:52.10)
Can we have (Or Can I make) a SKIN SHOWROOM for this?
(2016-07-04 12:12)Ice Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is my tires lock up when braking (before the double chicane and at the end of the straight after it), eating up my tires. I'll need to readjust a few stuff, hopefully it'll help Smile Still a long way to go to the event Smile

Which tires? Just fronts, just rears, or all four?
I'm guessing front left, that's the one I was looking up a lot at first
(2016-07-06 16:09)Furry Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have (Or Can I make) a SKIN SHOWROOM for this?

Just post in here.
Hello. Doing a few laps with this track and car combo, the best I've done is a 1:52:20, and I know people have been doing much better, with 1:51:03 if I remember right and I'm just wondering where I could improve so I uploaded a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7SmVs0...Zachaphina

The 2 deep braking zones I need to sort out I think (I dont know names sorry), harder and maybe use changing down to get car turned in? Other than that, I can't see me going any faster. What does everyone else think? Im sure I'll get better with more practise hopefully but not much and thank you for your time if you do watch and help Smile
Its just the 1st and 2nd sectors to work on really.

Keep it full throttle for Turns 1, 2 and 3. Don't shift down in T2, keep it in 6th. Don't turn in so early for T3 as you'll scrub a lot of speed for the exit by using the apex too much. Run it out wide as much as you can om the exit of T3. Don't shift down for T4 either, keep it in 6th. Don't straighten up so much on the first chicane, you lost a lot of speed through the middle than usual.

That's all I can think of right now, but others are bound to find more things to work on.

Hope this helps! Smile
Some other points...

- Do the Chicane in Gear 4 instead of gear 3.
- At the end of the long straight, you shifted down to gear 2, keep it on 3 or even gear 4 if possible.
- In the last turn (before the finish line) you were using gear 3. Use Gear 4 and take it widely to keep the speed you entered with increasing fast for the long straight.

Other good points were already mentioned by Connor Smile
I did a 1:50.39 with a .40 second sector. My theoretical best is now a 1:50.1 and I did it with 4/5 wing. Higher wing isn't necessarily better for quali.
Thanks much for helping me with these points! I'll try these improvements tomorrow. Watching a 1:49.79 lap helps a lot as well.
(2016-07-06 23:54)Banana4Life Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks much for helping me with these points! I'll try these improvements tomorrow. Watching a 1:49.79 lap helps a lot as well.

Be aware that the world record uses pre-heated R2s. That's worth about .4 of a second and is only possible in hotlap mode. R2s have a lower rolling resistance (less grippy) than R1s and having optimum tyre heat gives the tyres maximum efficiency, hence the alien lap time of a 49.7. For qualifying we have to use R1s without preheating to achieve competitive lap times.

At the end of the race, on R2s, we should be able to do low 50s because the tyres will be as performant as those in hotlap mode.
I did a 1:50.22

Here's the lap recorded from the multiplayer replay. I'll try and repeat/better it in single player over the weekend and do a sort of track presentation from it.

1080p 60fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt2bFEXc...e=youtu.be

Also, let's have a test race, this Sunday at 19:00 UTC+1 on [TC] Racing. Same quali format, same race length but unofficial.
Sermi signed up.... i guess we are stuffed Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's