[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED]Powerline adaptator is having some ping problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I just installed my computer to my grandpa's house, as I will live on that house for one month.
The first day, everything worked well, even that powerline adaptator which will cause a problem the day after.
Right. My problem is this:

[Image: TpkC69Y.png]

Description of the problem: On some games like LFS, I had sometimes "YOU'RE LAGGING" message, which appeared only some tenth of second, and on CS it's even worse. game totally freezed in comp match, you guess that I was stressed quite a lot.
Nothing like AC adaptators or some other things are on the same electrical network. (three-phase electric network)
The internet service provider's box is on the same phase than that Powerline adaptator.
And I dont even know what's happening. Everything worked and suddently, Internet is having problems. For LFS that's not a big problem because I can't feel it on the server except that lag message, but on some other games like FPS and so on, that's way more complicated to play.

Internet bandwidth is good, look at this:
[Image: 4hZx3Kj.png]

I don't know what caused these internet problems. Sad
Thanks in advance,
Raphi
Powerline is just unreliable and prone to interferences. That's why I switched to wifi (to connect my bedrooms videoplayer) as powerline dropped out way too often.
Basically everything can cause interferences, all other electric devices may cause troubles, not to mention that all wires are basically unshielded and act like a giant antenna, which again, pick up disturbing signals.
I cannot think of the actual target audience for powerline devices. Maybe if youre living alone on the moon with nobody else.
I would be on Ethernet cable, but placing a 25m cable on this house would cause mess to do it properly.
And that's the same for Wi-Fi, I'm way too far to receive a good Wi-Fi bandwidth.
And I can't understand that it worked perfectly for only around 24hrs with a big use such as 60GB of things downloaded, 2 vids uplaoded on YT, streaming and so on
I didn't plugged anything since I've installed my computer, so I have to find out what can cause this thing. Powerline is the only way for me to have Internet atm
You should be glad then with what you got in the meantime. Its hard to find the cause for possible interferences since it basically can be everything. A fridge, a radio, maybe your own mobilephone lying too close to power wires. It could also be a motorscooter passing by on the next road. Unless you're in a cabin miles off the public, its hard to rule out causes.
Yup, I will deal with that. Let's wait and see, sometimes it could resolve by itself.
I will try to find out what thing can cause problem, I'll see
Thanks for trying to help Smile
I found the solution: in fact, my grandpa had already two powerline, and when I plugged mine, it worked. But it worked for only 2 days because after, soething happened and I don't know. But I had the great idea to plug my second powerline, (because I had two same powerline), I synchronized them, and it worked. Now, my ping is stable and correct (~20-25ms of ping)
Resolved! Smile
Reference URL's