[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Refund request - Thomasdk95 (Denied by Sheep)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: thomasdk95

- Time & Date of Incident: 5/8 @ 12.47

- Replay / Screenshot Link: https://mega.nz/#!LRJUzLaC!h0TjYFxLv26t6...fFGEyhpR5I
- Replay Timestamps: 3.02

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve a refund: Dino [COP] (hsvdino) gave me an illegitimate fine for careless driving because I lost control.

He refused to refund the money, which is why I am taking it here.

Quote:Careless driving (30€ / 60€ / 100€)
Examples: cutting corners, ignoring lines, cones and barriers, drifting, doughnutting, all kind of stunts on the track, operating an unsafe vehicle, constantly driving backwards
This refund request is being looked into. Please be patient.

I see nothing wrong with this fine, you drove too fast and couldn't control your car (crashed it).
It was all your fault, if you driven with more care you wouldn't have lost control. Therefore the fine is legit.
How was it not careless? You were driving *twice* the speedlimit, made a 50m jump, went over the grass, crashed into a barrier, spun and ended sideways in another barrier 150m further down the road. And you're telling you did it "with care"?
How was Dino able to see that all the way from the pitlane?

From Dino's POV he wouldn't have been able to see wether or not I was speeding.

According to rule 4.9 cops may only fine for an offence they have witnessed from their car. The only thing he would be able to see was that I spun, due to a lost of control.
He saw you atleast coming backwards down the HW1, either you had lost control (careless driving) or you were constantly driving backwards (careless driving)
Yes that's true, he couldn't have seen the entire development of the situation, but that part on Highway 1 was a result of careless driving. Losing control is for a fact careless, since you must have done something wrong before. You don't necessarily need to exceed the speed limit for that. I.e. if your speed was simply inappropriate, you're already acting careless.
You could have said that some other car put you in that situation you ended, but you didn't, so the reason why you ended in that barrier must have been your own fault.

We're sorry, but your refund request has been denied for reasons described.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's