[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Hydraulic Handbrake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so soon I'm going to be buying a T500RS, TH8A combo (as per Pete's recommendation) and to go with that; I'm going to be buying a handbrake... for drifting.

So I've been talking with Blacktop about this and he's said that it'd take work and time but in the end it is worth it for experience and plus I get a working handbrake for gaming out of it (if it goes well). I've already decided that this is the one and nothing can change me getting one (generally) but what I'd like to know is; is this the right size for drifting and would it be reversible (so I can dismantle it and use it for other things in the future)?

Size:
[Image: 2baa5eb2f2044996a7656c18d7802464.jpg]

If you wonder what it looks like (in colour):
[Image: b87664cdf46f06d82a2b9f6c6331e53a.jpg]
[Image: 4b7f200b4677ba07b2533061a6e4c0f9.jpg]
[Image: e4b6bf4dcb270763098a2e3c17b0126d.jpg]
[Image: 8bd0908745f2aa925ab9939a078b1441.jpg]
[Image: 4060f695986f76eec1f173677c1d48b0.jpg]
Wait wait, this this is only to click one button(handbrake in this case)? Cuz it looks really fancy...
Yeah... I'm a massive fan of the Japanese culture alright Tongue

Although, I might consider (when I've got it/the wheel) saving this for something in the future and getting a different one for gaming.
Looks like a drift handbrake..

You'll need a potentiometer on it rather than a switch for.input for ultimate realism
(2016-08-30 05:13)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a drift handbrake..

You'll need a potentiometer on it rather than a switch for.input for ultimate realism

Yeah, talked about all this when Blacktop first talked with me about it.

(2016-08-30 06:08)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/sim-racing...ke-eu.html

No. Laugh To be honest with you I hate the Clubsport, just not my thing I guess. It is a little cool that they made one for us but 1, Expense and this is too expensive, mine won't be nearly as much in the end. 2, Is it really worth it? Just for that?! Not in my opinion.

Thanks for recommending this KooKoo, but I think I'll go without for now. Wink
IMO an axis handbrake isn't really needed unless you were a competition drifter in real life but you didn't have enough money for tyres to practise... If you really want an axis handbrake then try something like Jim did! Just do some research on the web and you could have a nice DIY project that could save you a lot of money
How are you going to link up a mechanical and liquid component to a computer?
you could have the resistance of a hyrdo if you built a sealed circuit

would still need an electronic sensor to measure the movement
Administrator Message by: BP

Thread Move: General Discussions -> Technology Area
It would probably be easier (and less messy) to get the handbrake resistance by replacing the hydraulic cylinder with a spring.

[Image: ZPHJrv6.jpg]
neat Biggrin
Reference URL's