[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Use of Teamspeak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a quick question, why are so few people using TeamSpeak these days? We used to have a near-full server most nights but now we're lucky if we get 10.

Maybe some of you who have never been on might consider giving it a try? Would be nice to get some activity back on our TS server.

ts.city-driving.co.uk
may be some people that don't have a mic shy away, it does ruin it a bit but it is still fun!
Well, not sure how have been the past years. Now, Im on school, and have less hours to play LFS, and want to join and enjoy fast, and maybe just for 30 mins I dont turn on TS.

Thats my reason Wink
the good old days are long gone pete :/
(2016-10-19 20:48)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]the good old days are long gone pete :/
no one interesting comes on
Im on there in the afternoons and noone is ever on. During the week, people come on around 11pm which is bed time for me.
(2016-10-19 20:48)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]the good old days are long gone pete :/

I do not see why. It's just a community matter. Where it's interesting or not to join teamspeak. Just like with the Discord thingy, I used it for the first 2 weeks enabled on start-up to ensure i got all the messages.

After 2 weeks i removed it from auto-startup, and never opened again.
(2016-10-19 22:01)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]no one interesting comes on

I'm devastated.
(2016-10-19 22:01)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]no one interesting comes on

We all just tend to leave when we see you coming
I think it's lacking the nucleus. Someone who connected people and glued them together. You Pete filled that part in the past, maybe unconsciously. Also Saffy and Jedi did that part very well (maybe some more, but I cannot remember). But neither of them showing up anymore on a regular basis, so it's all falling apart.
(2016-10-20 05:52)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's lacking the nucleus. Someone who connected people and glued them together. You Pete filled that part in the past, maybe unconsciously. Also Saffy and Jedi did that part very well (maybe some more, but I cannot remember). But neither of them showing up anymore on a regular basis, so it's all falling apart.
will and don't forget most of them sit on privet channels , so if somebody enter he find no one to talk with in public channels so he just disconnect.
I don't see TC as a connected community, 3rd party application wise... I've seen multiple discords related with LFS in general and for some reason it seems LFS is cursed... Gigas' Discord doesnt have much, N2O's died ( im attempting to revive, but still dying again ) ... even the TC's Discord isn't used that much, mainly for "admin calling" but that's it.

I don't think it is TC alone that has this issue, but I would love to see a verbally connected Cop "Group"...at the least. I feel as if we could get cops to verbally play with each other, chases would be way cleaner, efficient, in all areas, and most of all... more interactive ( Roadblocks would play easier : Double roadblocking and intersection for example. )

I'm not a subject that is well known, I haven't been here long myself, but I'm going to try and show up in the Teamspeak under the cop section. I joined this community(?) in Mid January, and once I got my Cop License I never looked back... I am american so I usually come on mid to late stage of the "Busy Time". I can't pull the community together like some of the TC members can, but ill do my best to try and make this happen.

- N2O Ryu
(2016-10-21 12:18)eregonv1 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see TC as a connected community, 3rd party application wise... I've seen multiple discords related with LFS in general and for some reason it seems LFS is cursed... Gigas' Discord doesnt have much, N2O's died ( im attempting to revive, but still dying again ) ... even the TC's Discord isn't used that much, mainly for "admin calling" but that's it.

I don't think it is TC alone that has this issue, but I would love to see a verbally connected Cop "Group"...at the least. I feel as if we could get cops to verbally play with each other, chases would be way cleaner, efficient, in all areas, and most of all... more interactive ( Roadblocks would play easier : Double roadblocking and intersection for example. )

I'm not a subject that is well known, I haven't been here long myself, but I'm going to try and show up in the Teamspeak under the cop section. I joined this community(?) in Mid January, and once I got my Cop License I never looked back... I am american so I usually come on mid to late stage of the "Busy Time". I can't pull the community together like some of the TC members can, but ill do my best to try and make this happen.

- N2O Ryu
You do have good points here but even if they make groups people wont join they already have groups on ts3 they have a choice to join but nobody does so its not the groups or content people just dont have interest in that.
Yeah, almost like a high school, everyone has there selected groups in which the do not venture from
(2016-10-20 05:52)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's lacking the nucleus. Someone who connected people and glued them together. You Pete filled that part in the past, maybe unconsciously. Also Saffy and Jedi did that part very well (maybe some more, but I cannot remember). But neither of them showing up anymore on a regular basis, so it's all falling apart.
Was about to reply this thread but the answer is in the Chuck's post.

Old-timers grew up / gave up - young generation does not fill the gap.

TC administration should either stick to Teamspeak or Discord so people won't be spilt between two of these.
I'm an old-timer and like to think I still am that nucleus, at least partially. I know I've been locked away in private channels for ages now but I am trying to frequent public channels more often and over the past few days it has helped some.

It would be nice to relight the flame a bit though, I miss those times.
For all people out there not using teamspeak. Just do it!
I am the nucleus fam, everybody enjoys my teamspeak bants Wink
[Image: j0JHhHF.png]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's