[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27 clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i have this issue on track my clutch goes full while i just press it halfway, and if i go to settings its totally normal full is full etc.

this is almost halfway on clutch on track

[Image: 30464404512_7b99522f4c_o.png]

so if i hold it where its full on track its at 430
[Image: 30464404412_ac6da10c5c_o.jpg]

well i suck at explaining
Have you recalibrated ur entire wheel setup
(2016-10-26 16:17)Shino Wrote: [ -> ]Have you recalibrated ur entire wheel setup

Yes i have about 10 times now
Does it do this in other games, or just LFS?
(2016-10-26 18:47)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Does it do this in other games, or just LFS?

Also, does the same in Logitech Profiler?

For check it, open the profiler, then click on Device > Device games > Advanced options, and there you can press the pedal and check it.
its fine in Logitech profiler, i think its just LFS.
try re-installing ur wheel
reinstalled it 2 times now still same issue
In LFS: Go to options => Control and make sure that clutch is set to axis and not button, might be that.
(2016-10-27 11:38)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]In LFS: Go to options => Control and make sure that clutch is set to axis and not button, might be that.

incase you did not see Smile
and ofc its on axis Wink

[Image: 30561892786_cf4116b19b_o.jpg]
I seem to have the same problem with the g29. Not sure why Sad
I'm speaking about this part:

Even if its on axis, and if that option is set to button, pressing 10% of clutch for example will always be full. Therefore I suspect it might be the cause because you said
Quote:i think its just LFS.

Thats the only thing i could think off.
I first had problems understanding the issue, but I can tell this is absolutely normal.

Cause LFS imitates an actual clutch, and guess what, a real clutch doesn't lock completely first when the pedal has been fully released. A new clutch locks early, then it get's softer and softer over time and some years later, it will only lock when the pedal is fully released. This is due do mechanical wear of the clutch. LFS apparently imitates a "new" clutch.

But there is hope for you. You can simply reduce the range for lfs. Check the numbers left of the axis. One says -1000 and the other one 1000. Modify these values to match the values of what you think your pedal should be at. Like you said, that -430.
Agreed, around 50% imitates the clutch "bite-point" with the remaining range being the increasing clutch-plate pressure as you further release the pedal. I think it's just displayed a little weird - the bar doesn't show the actual pedal movement, but rather the clutch application.
If you notice, you can drive in LFS with the clutch depressed 35% thereabouts.
Reference URL's