[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CES2016 - SO - Minecraft Christmas House Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 0a9cba09ac.png]

[Image: Santas-Gingerbread-Christmas-City-downlo...60x330.jpg]

For the Christmas events this year, Street Obsessions decided to offer some fun to players that don't necessary have the time to join online events or events that have a set date (Like me). We then decided on a trio of competitions that you, the player, can do in your own spare time! All the events will run all the way till December 31st 2016. Let's have fun!

The first event will be held in Minecraft. We choose this game because pretty much everybody has it and it's universal fun for everyone. Here's the rules for this first competition:

- Player has to create a house, any material allowed
- The house can be divided in multiple buildings if need be
- The house HAS to be in a snow biome
- The theme around the construction has to be Winter/Christmas/Festivities
- Player can use Creative mode to create said house

- Player can submit his entry directly here. Some screenshots and a savefile of the house has to be submitted.
- Entries have to be sent before December 23rd 23:59 EST

- The winner will be determined by the community.

The winner of this competition will be awarded 20$CAD in Steam credits.
A minimum of 10 participants is required for the prize to be given away.

I'm sure everybody read the competitions, the rules and everything but hmm, just to be sure..

There's freaking 20$CAD in Steam money to be given away!!!!
[Image: canadian-20-dollars.jpg?quality=85&w=1100]

So it'll be awesome if people would participate, right? I mean, don't you want that extra 20$ in your Steam account for boxing day sales? It's all up to you.
OKAY I'll sign up!

Because A: I need something to build, and B: I'm bored.

Am I allowed to build a big sitting room with christmas fireplace instead?
Stage 1.

Plot marked. Ground floor structure nearly done.

[Image: dKAxzL9.jpg]

Stage 2.

Window, wall-truss and roof support style is going to be dark oak/spruce with cobble-stone pillar caps and dark oak fences as support. Some bushes in front of glass pane windows.

[Image: BulEjIX.jpg]

Stage 3.

Ground floor exterior complete (door placement tbc).

Front

[Image: qPDmi2z.jpg]

Right

[Image: tW3fSNu.jpg]

Left

[Image: aVeyJTU.jpg]

Rear (Probably going to add a rounded, bay window.

[Image: 4Gc0PPN.jpg]

Stage 4.

Interior roof style: Dark oak around the edges with spruce in the centre. Beams are continued from the outer supporting posts. Just need to clear out the snow and some unwanted guests.

[Image: WghvUpc.jpg]

Stage 5.

Ground floor mosaic tiled flooring done. Will most likely cover it with carpet in some places and replace with something else for the kitchen area. Fine for now.

[Image: 4ubThwo.jpg]

Stage 6.

The main ground floor entrance is to the left of the front garden enclosure area.

[Image: hUMKmRU.jpg]

Stage 7.

Second floor is up. Next I need to add a staircase between the ground and first floor.

[Image: tHhnCiT.jpg]

Snap. Minecraft W10 Beta decided it doesn't want to load my world anymore and when it does it doesn't render the world and runs at 2fps. Going to restart in regular Minecraft Smile
V2.0

Starting Over - Groundplan: http://i.imgur.com/m8iVMKT.jpg

One half of the roof is on though the back section might be replaced by a section moving from left to right: [Image: 8CvCKQI.jpg]
(2016-12-18 09:46)Furry Wrote: [ -> ]Am I allowed to build a big sitting room with christmas fireplace instead?

I don't see how you'll be able to pull this off, but i'd be interested to see that. You can do that if you want.
Roof and thatching is on. Just waiting for it to snow now Smile Might be time to break out /toggledownfall

[Image: nntiIfJ.jpg]

[Image: fCKEq4G.jpg]

Quick reminder that y'all have till 23:59 EST today to participate in this competition. Failure to fullfill the minimum participant count will result in a cancellation of the grand prize. Let's get building!
Mine's ready to go. I'll upload screenshots later. I had fun regardless of whether the minimum number of people entered Smile
"Château de beurre"

Instead of tonnes of images I made a quick video:

[Image: wxaVIXE.png]

Can send the save on request.
I cant do it, cause my build was too big to finish within my time. (LOL)
(2016-12-24 02:25)Furry Wrote: [ -> ]I cant do it, cause my build was too big to finish within my time. (LOL)

Fail.
(2016-12-24 03:20)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-24 02:25)Furry Wrote: [ -> ]I cant do it, cause my build was too big to finish within my time. (LOL)

Fail.

Who woulda thought a whole spawn couldn't be built in 3 days.

Good job to everybody that participated. Unfortunately there were not enough participants for the grand prize to be given away.

Remember that we still have a LFS autocross competition and a small Speedrun of Super Mario World Until Dec. 31st!
Reference URL's