[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New Chair Suggestions Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys! So I've finally moved into my huge room and bought a new desk for my setup. The final thing I need to purchase is a good PC chair.

The chairs I've been looking into are: GT Omega Pro Racing chair and the AK Racing Gaming Chair. They retail at around £180 - £200 so I guess that is roughly my budget Tongue

From what I've read and saw, those 2 chairs seem to be just about right for my needs. I'm looking for a chair which I can add locking caster wheels on so that I don't go flying back when I hit my brake pedal Tongue

HOWEVER! If you guys know any other good chairs, please leave your suggestions down below - it will really help me! Smile

Also, anyone who owns a GT Omega Pro Racing chair or an AK Racing chair, any reviews on them would be nice Smile

-Razz
I prefer the AK Racing, but this one ! (I guess that's a bit over your budget)

Friend of mine got the exact same chair, and he's happy with it Biggrin

Click here to see: AK Racing Chair

EUR 259,00 =
GBP 217,30
Uhm, this is gonna sound horrible, but I'd actually suggest an office chair, seriously I would, I used to have one with wheel lock on each wheel, and they were SO COMFY, get one with an adjustable back on it, wheel locking on all, and you'll probably still be in pocket.
I have the AKRacing ProX chair and it was comfortable even after the 24h Gumball. Only thing I can complain about is that the plastics are really cheap. Everything else is fine after a year of active use. However, I wouldn't recommend it on a tight budget since they're not really worth the 400€ imo.
I agree with Furry really, £100 is fine enough for a comfortable one, could save some good money. But then up to you
(2016-12-20 10:01)Banana4Life Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Furry really, £100 is fine enough for a comfortable one, could save some good money. But then up to you

SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME, FINALLY ITS HAPPENED

MOM I'VE MADE IT
I have just received my GT Omega Chair today lol.
Mine's like 20 eur and has one arm rest broken off.
Do you really need a gaming chair? :')

Just get a normal one, that suits your needs instead of a well known *meh* for £200 unless if money isn't a problem.
I have the GT Omega, get the fabric version, the leather is squeaky when sliding/moving about on it
The way I see it is get something that will last. It's okay saying 100 quid office chairs will do, I went through 2 that lasted about 4 months each until the gas strut broke on them both and they started making noises. I had to keep tightening it all up too as the armrests nearly fell off.

I now have a Maxnomic chair, they're very similar to the GT Omega & the DX Racers but I think the build quality is slightly better.

My little brother has this Maxnomic chair and it cost him £242, it's pretty much identical to the competitors but costs more. I would recommend against this chair unless you're a really light build. I can barely fit my fat arse on it (huehue) and it's really thin padding on your back.

I went for this one, it's the model above which is £259, it's a lot more comfortable and I have fell asleep in it at least 3 times haha. The arm rests on these types of chairs are really convenient and the build quality is insane, the chair is really heavy so it's going nowhere when I brake really hard. It's really awesome for long periods of time too. When I did the Christmas gumball last year, I'd only just got this chair and after the 24 hour stint, I got up and it felt like I'd just got out of bed XD

With all that being said, GT Omegas aren't bad chairs and they're cheaper than the Maxnomic ones. But after testing out ones that some friends had, I would chose Maxnomic every time.

Spending a lot on a good chair is a better idea than going through a £100 chair every so often (in my opinion). I've had my Maxnomic for just over a year and it looks and feels brand new, I expect it to last at least another 5 or more years. That's about 43 quid a year for a really decent chair.

Spend a lot on the things you use every single day, like a chair and peripherals and less on things you'd use less often.
I have the fabric GT Omega Pro Racing chair with locking caster wheels so my chair doesnt roll back when using my pedals. It doesnt come standard, it's like an extra 6-9 poinds but they also come with spares.

Nice wide seat for my fat ass lol and rarely ever get pain. Oh and you can recline the back all the way down like a bed for some reason lol.

Nismo recommends
If you're ready to spend £250 on a "racing" type chair then I would suggest you spend the exact same amount on a professional office chair like this one:

[Image: Herman-Miller-Lounge-Chair-Photo.jpg]

It may be ugly but it's the most ergonomical chair you'll ever sit your ass in. They cost the same as a racing chair but they're made for people that spend 10-12 hours sitting in it.
(2016-12-20 16:43)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]If you're ready to spend £250 on a "racing" type chair then I would suggest you spend the exact same amount on a professional office chair like this one:

[img]snip[/img]

It may be ugly but it's the most ergonomical chair you'll ever sit your ass in. They cost the same as a racing chair but they're made for people that spend 10-12 hours sitting in it.

I would have bought that if I were sitting upright at a desk doing office work for all day. I position my seat so that it is angled back as if I were in a car.

My seating position when I'm driving is similar to this:
[Image: hoynissan1.28.620x413.jpg]

My pedals are raised up so that I'm not sat with my legs below my seat. My knees are higher than my ass when I'm sat like that. The bottom base of the seat is angled as far back as possible and the chair is as low as possible. That chair looks like it would be too high up, but who knows. The lumbar support looks like I'd get in the way and annoy me if I were to use a chair similar for what I do. I also prefer the leather rather than net.

But if you don't sit like me then that chair will be more comfortable probably.
I really don't care about getting a GT Omega or anything lol, my current office chair which I had before my GT Omega arrived today. That chair was from 1999, it was a Vitra, a solid chair, only problem, fabric chairs tend to wear through due to leg movement lol.
If I wanted an office chair, I would buy something like Sebas.

If I wanted a "gaming seat" type deal for racing, I would just get a cheap old car seat. Cheaper yet better build quality. If you need to make it higher, bolt some wooden blocks underneath. If you need to make it moveable, bolt some little casters underneath.
Thanks for the responses guys!

I'm actually looking for a racing chair, since I don't spend more than 5 hours a day on my PC. So I think a racing chair would suit my needs more than a office chair itself.

I think I'm a bit more keen on the GT Omega since I can't really find anything under £200 Sad (after buying the S7 edge I really don't want to be going over £200 or i'm ded o.o )

(2016-12-20 13:21)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I have the GT Omega, get the fabric version, the leather is squeaky when sliding/moving about on it

Yeah, I've heard the fabric version feels a bit more firm than the leather one?

(2016-12-20 13:47)Renegade Wrote: [ -> ]The way I see it is get something that will last. It's okay saying 100 quid office chairs will do, I went through 2 that lasted about 4 months each until the gas strut broke on them both and they started making noises. I had to keep tightening it all up too as the armrests nearly fell off.

Exactly why I'm willing to spend more money on a chair (for the first time too lol)

(2016-12-20 11:24)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]I have just received my GT Omega Chair today lol.

Any opinions on the chair so far Skoda? Tongue
I've got no idea Razz, never tried the fabric but it should be less noisy than the leather one.

(2016-12-20 16:39)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I have the fabric GT Omega Pro Racing chair with locking caster wheels so my chair doesnt roll back when using my pedals.

I don't have the locking wheels but I can use my load cell without rolling back, I am on relatively new thick carpet though.
I haven't built the chair yet Razz so I can't give an answer Wink
(2016-12-21 02:29)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I've got no idea Razz, never tried the fabric but it should be less noisy than the leather one.

(2016-12-20 16:39)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I have the fabric GT Omega Pro Racing chair with locking caster wheels so my chair doesnt roll back when using my pedals.

I don't have the locking wheels but I can use my load cell without rolling back, I am on relatively new thick carpet though.

I have laminate flooring Sad locking casters are a must with laminate floor boards.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's