[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: IP Fraud fix for certain people like me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
Recently, I was bought S2 by a friend, and the day after, I joined TC and I instantly got banned for IP fraud. Pete and I know my current situation where my country depends on IPs from other countries from the caribbean. Meaning I will be banned for the same reason merely everyday. I have an idea that can fix my problem and maybe even others. The idea is to setup something in the insim where if i use a code or something, i will not be checked for ip fraud when entering. My problem is mostly temporary as I'm supposed to be going to the UK for college in the Summer. But I would really like to be able to play everyday without having to message Pete to unban me for the same reason everyday.
Make a code 1 unban request thread Smile
Under server administration tasks, not in Unban requests!

-Huski
(2017-01-10 23:37)Huski Wrote: [ -> ]Make a code 1 unban request thread Smile

-Huski

He's already made one: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=25075 - It's the entire reason for this thread...

@Shamz: We have several players who have this problem but we have yet to find a decent solution for the handful of players that this actually affects. I'll get back to you.
(2017-01-10 23:39)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]

-Huski

He's already made one: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=25075

Can this thread be closed since the issue has been sorted? Smile
(2017-01-10 23:39)Huski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10 23:39)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]

-Huski

He's already made one: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=25075

Can this thread be closed since the issue has been sorted? Smile

Read the OP again, this issue has not been sorted.
I still find the code 1 bans useless, I mean, such protections should be made for admin accounts, not normal players.

As for solutions:
  1. Making a list of exceptions, like for cases such as the OP
  2. Changing the current system to have it something like Steam Guard or code from android application. You must verify your identity by entering a code you get when a country change is detected, Everything is automated and no admin work is needed.
(2017-01-10 23:11)Shamz Wrote: [ -> ]H.... But I would really like to be able to play everyday without having to message Pete to unban me for the same reason everyday.

"Once". Once is the word. Unless you plan to travel every day between countries.
(2017-01-11 10:01)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10 23:11)Shamz Wrote: [ -> ]H.... But I would really like to be able to play everyday without having to message Pete to unban me for the same reason everyday.

"Once". Once is the word. Unless you plan to travel every day between countries.

Every day is the word if you read what he said.

Quote: my country depends on IPs from other countries from the caribbean. Meaning I will be banned for the same reason merely everyday.

Means his ISP provider uses IPs from different countries randomly depending on the availability. If he randomly gets an IP by his ISP that has another Geolocation, he will be banned, without 'travelling'.
(2017-01-11 10:04)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]...

Oh right my bad, I was somehow focused on that "college" thing. Well, there is a special flag for the very difficult cases if it keeps happening. We might consider using this.
(2017-01-11 10:14)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-11 10:04)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]...

Oh right my bad, I was somehow focused on that "college" thing. Well, there is a special flag for the very difficult cases if it keeps happening. We might consider using this.

We should, it seens to happen every day.
Reference URL's