[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Assigning Page Up to Wheel (T300)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

So when I had the G29, the Logitech profiler helped assign any wheel buttons to any other keyboard buttons (i.e. page up).

However, I recently bought the T300 and I'm having issues trying to assign page up to one of my wheel buttons Sad

The reason why I want page up assigned to one of the wheel buttons is so that I can easily turn on/off my siren from TC Lights, rather than having to reach for my keyboard every single time.

I know Ash has made a thread for manual scripting, but is there any way of assigning page up with my wheel?

If not then I'll just use the manual scripting method Smile

Thanks in advance guys! Biggrin

-Razz
What you need is an external application that detects the key press coming out of your wheel, when receiving that you will want the app to press pgup for you(Doable via IS_SCH or an input simulator).
I'm already working on adding controller support to TC Lights, so you'll be able to directly bind whatever controller/keyboard buttons you like.

In the meantime, you could probably hack something up with something like AutoHotkey or GlovePie
Xpadder works perfectly for this
i use JoytoKey witch is pritty good for this kinda stuff
I am currently working on an Xpadder tutorial, to explain how I use it and how others can too. I bind almost all the buttons on my wheel and dashboard to keyboard buttons, apart from the very basic driving controls; such as the wheel axis and pedals.
(2017-03-16 00:31)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]What you need is an external application that detects the key press coming out of your wheel, when receiving that you will want the app to press pgup for you(Doable via IS_SCH or an input simulator).

Oh mhm, something like that I guess yes Tongue

(2017-03-16 10:18)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm already working on adding controller support to TC Lights, so you'll be able to directly bind whatever controller/keyboard buttons you like.

In the meantime, you could probably hack something up with something like AutoHotkey or GlovePie

That sounds great Elmo! I'll try one of the two you listed, thanks Smile

Xpadder seems like something many people use. I'll look out for your tutorial Renegade Smile
XPadder is seriously easy to use and doesn't require any kind of coding Smile If i were you Razz, i would just use it Tongue
Yeah Xpadder would be the best and easiest option right now, just get a picture of your wheel and load it. Then click the settings button go down to buttons. Every time you click a button it will add it to the window and move the small grey box to where that button would be on your wheel in the picture. Close the settings window and now click on the grey squares and there should be a keyboard, from there press any key on your keyboard or select from the on screen one and save your preset. Every time you open Xpadder it should open from the last used preset. I use it for PS3 controller and have tested with wheels as well so it should work
(2017-05-29 07:55)TheRealSidewayz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Xpadder would be the best and easiest option right now, just get a picture of your wheel and load it. Then click the settings button go down to buttons. Every time you click a button it will add it to the window and move the small grey box to where that button would be on your wheel in the picture. Close the settings window and now click on the grey squares and there should be a keyboard, from there press any key on your keyboard or select from the on screen one and save your preset. Every time you open Xpadder it should open from the last used preset. I use it for PS3 controller and have tested with wheels as well so it should work

Renegade already made tutorial for Xpadder here:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=25809
Yeah I've already got it working boyzz Smile
Reference URL's