[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Blue Snowball - Ice Microphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Score - 7/10
Price When New - £59.99 (Maplin, PC World) (£49.99 Ebay/Amazon (Usually))
Price Now - £50 (Amazon)
Stand - Built on tri-pod
Input Type: USB Only (3.0 works for me)
Dimensions: 27 x 23 x 14 cm (Amazon)
Weight: 540 g (Amazon)
(Yes dimensions and weight are useless, but they are there)
Quick Preview - Vocaroo *I tried PHP'ing it.*

Review:
The Blue Snowball is arguably one of the better microphones I have owned, it is not perfect as it picks up quite a bit of background noise, especially a can opening (As heard in the audio clip) and also my drinking of it. If my window is opens in sometimes picks up the louder cars and tractors passing through too.

However for the price I paid personally (£15) I think I got a good deal. Its not ideal for streaming or anything else youtube/twitch related, as better mics are there, but if you do it casually, and on a budget the Blue Snowball might be there for you.

For me however its a great microphone, it works for speaking to people on Discord, but also for any youtube videos I may make with some microphone in them.

I'd give this a buy if you need a mic but you are on a budget as its better then the headsets I've owned.

-Huski
Exploooosion, Yes daddy
(2017-03-22 11:49)Rout Wrote: [ -> ]Exploooosion, Yes daddy

dammit rout XD
Nice review ,Really liked the voice part ;P , But a lot of furry youtubers use the yeti microphone , maybe because of the shape? i dunno. Personally i use a lapel microphone.
I've used a Blue Yeti before, any idea how does this compare to that?
(2017-03-25 16:25)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I've used a Blue Yeti before, any idea how does this compare to that?

I do not as I don't own a Yeti. People are free if they own one to place a voice recording however.
Reference URL's