[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Mikee's Race Report - CSMCC '17 Round 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: QPLyHBg.jpg]

Hello,

Last weekend, Mikee completed the second round of the Celtic Speed MINI Cooper Cup at Knockhill, here's his race report:

Michael Weddell Racing Wrote:With a difficult start to the weekend with only two laps in total during Saturday practice due to mechanical gremlins, the guys at Minimax Motorsport had to work overnight to get the car ready for qualifying, I was ready to give qualifying everything.

Qualifying: Was a beautiful day at Knockhill if a little too hot! Times where close throughout the field and stuck it P11 on the grid and only 0.4 off Pole… Only a second covered the top 17. Insanely close throughout the field!

Race 1: Having finally got starts dialled down I was making good progress through the field into 8th place just before the safety car had to be called out due the carnage unfolding in front. Made a solid restart but lost a few positions as the gear popped out into the hairpin due to contact losing all momentum onto the straight, however managed to recover and with a photo finish across the line managed to pip into 9th place.

Race 2: Starting 9th and my Minimax Motorsport Teammates John Duncan Racing Hannah Chapman Racing and Allan all starting alongside it was going to be an interesting race. Another decent start and was up to 8th until the drive shaft again decided it no longer wanted to be part of my car. Unfortunately, a DNF for race 2.

Race 3: Due to the extent of damage to the car with the drive shaft taken everything out its path it was looking unlikely like we would get out for race 3 however, thankfully I was able to switch cars and Minimax Motorsport again pulled it out the bag and got the spare car (Super Sharron) ready and prepped for the start of the race. Starting last, I could only go forward and luck was finally on my side. Weaved my way through the carnage on lap 1 and held steady making moves through the field. From 22nd on the grid myself and Sharron managed to get up to 9th and right on the bumper of those ahead. Great way to end the weekend.
Again, I can’t think the guys at Minimax Motorsport for the extended effort to make sure I made it out into each session with all the problems this weekend. Clearly shows they’re the best in the paddock.

A huge thanks also goes to AP Autocentre who throughout the weekend kept pushing me even when luck was against us and without them this wouldn’t be possible. I can’t thank them enough.

Role on Round 3!

#TwoCarWeddell

Despite a DNF in race 2 and jumping into a second car for his final race, Mikee managed 2 top 10 finishes, starting from the back of the grid for the final race. Impressive stuff once again!

Mikee's next race weekend is next month, June 3rd/4th at Knockhill.

Here's Mikee's onboard from race 3:

Here are some more videos taken by [GLOW] Special.

The aftermath of race 2 and a popped drive shaft.

[Image: 3WF1GEQ.jpg]
Reference URL's