[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CPW Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i was banned for a CPW error. I dont remember doing anything to LFS since the last time i was on (yesterday). But however I did change the outgauge settings in cfg.txt to experiment with "Car Sound Remixer" a few days ago and I did change the car textures but those shouldn't do anything to cause a CPW error. Does anyone know if Car Sound Remixer did this? I was playing on the TC server after doing this without any problems but it was just randomly today. Also the only other programs that are running that doesnt run normally while playing lfs is VLC media player. Could LFS think that was a suspicious program?
Hello,

Having checked our logs, I can confirm you have been banned by a CPW (Cheat Protection Warning).

A CPW ban is issued by LFS automatically and could be due to one of the following reasons:
  • A tweak or any other miscellaneous cheat/hack,
  • A .vob mod,
  • Any other recently installed program on your computer (e.g. a game overlay) which LFS could identify as an abnormality with the game.

Keeping the above in mind, our advice is to:
  • Uninstall/delete any program which could've caused this CPW (depends on the program, only a reboot may be necessary),
  • Restart your computer after the above point,
  • Check for any viruses which could have triggered the CPW.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please keep in mind the server rule below:

Server Rules Wrote:1.11. Do not use any modifications that alter the physics of LFS (eg collision mesh, performance).

We will not manually unban you. You will have to wait until the CPW ban naturally ends - they typically last for only 12 hours. In very rare cases, you may receive the CPW erroneously. Make sure you reboot your PC before trying to re-join when the ban ends.

Thank you.
Reference URL's