[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Request (Ban Reduced by BP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: microspecv
IGN AA l AOR Nova

● Time & Date of Incident : 9/6/2017, 11:46 PM (My time, GMT +8)

● Replay / Screenshot Link: Replay was not being recorded
● Replay Timestamps: As above,

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
I believe I fully grasp the TC rules and regulations, I've been racing here and cruising for long enough. I also represent a team, as well as a out-of-LFS league, and I do think of myself being able to not being a clown, and hold enough responsibility for myself and of course everyone around me.

I had been given a 365-day ban, for using a word in terms of figure of speech. The word in question was "n*g*a" (forum limitations, should know what it is), and it seemed the only person who had an issue with it in that particular context, was the guy who made the report.
> microspecv Weston Park Banned 365 days 2017-06-09 16:31:43 2018-06-09 16:31:43 364d 7h 37min Racial language is forbidden. "

Since there is no footage, I'll say it in full, everything that happened. Sorry for the lack of footage, but replay wasn't on, and the temp file has goen into oblivion.
I was cruising along H7, and Adrian, the cop, was engaged in a chase. He went the wrong way during the chase along H7, even though the left lane was empty at the time of the impact. He smashed into me at full speed, head on.
At the exact moment of the incident, I figuratively used the expression, "n*g*a", to express my displeasure and of course, shock.
In no way was I intending to racially insult anyone or any form. I am not a racist.

Apparently Adrian didn't like it even after I explained it wasn't a bout of racism from my part, and was adamant that he was going to "report me". A follow-up apology from the guy in question was not given, instead, he repeatedly threatened a report (as immature as it is, yes.). The cruisers in the server also did not think my word of choice was that bad, although I definitely could have chosen something less sensitive (yes, my bad.). No one except Adrian had an issue, and from there stemmed a report and the 365 day ban that I've now had.

I also withheld a report on Adrian for wrong-waying, as I feel that reporting is really immature - I usually solve matters in server with certain good outcome with everyone Smile .
--

I'm here to ask for a complete unban, if it is possible. That's disgustingly harsh in my opinion, for both a standard limad's view as well as a general concensious.
Yes, I could have chosen another word and taken the sensitivity into context. I apologise for that, just as I did in the server following what I said.

And if any admin is able unban me, I owe full gratitude to him/her for doing so. Thank you very much.

Unban request ends here - -

Out of context question from the request, but
is any admin able to fully describe, and nail down what is racism, and what is not?
Figure of speech can and should be able to be used freely without any consequence. It is not a form of racism, and neither is it a form of beratement.
If someone can kindly get the low-down on this, greatly appreciated.

If not, then my ban will be completely unprecidented.

Cheers,
AOR Nova

*edit 2
Also, I see a lack of a user report on the report archive. Was my report not done on the formal over the forum?
As well, noting the following,
Before you post a user report, we ask that you read the following information.

✖ YOU SHOULD NOT FORUM REPORT WHEN:
The user broke a one-off minor rule which didn't hinder anyone's gameplay,
The user was polite and stopped when notified about the rule (provided the original rule-break wasn't too severe).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You should always try talking to rule-breakers first. A lot of problems can be resolved by politely talking to people. With that being said, severe rule-breaks should still be reported after.

I did not hinder anyone's gameplay, and I did stop to apologise, as well as explain. Adrian did not attempt to purge an apology from me nor hear me out even when I was being polite.

Taking these 2 points along with my report into consideration I find it rather appalling that whoever took the ban hammer did so and put such a harsh ban.
The standard issued 365 days for such cases isn't necessarily what will stick. The admins pass it up for management to assess, because these cases can sometimes be tricky.

You did use racial language, which is strictly forbidden on [TC]'s services. It is classed as improper language and is clearly covered by the server rules. Refer to Rule 1.7 of the server rules page: http://city-driving.co.uk/rules/

You have a bad history for use of general improper / bad language (mostly swearing). Whilst we're here, you should also be advised that - as clearly stated in the server rules - swearing fines act as warnings not to swear, which you ignored on several occasions over the past few months.

You can be unbanned tomorrow provided you agree with the above, as well as reading the server rules in its entirety, prior to your return.
I agree with the above fully.
Your ban has been reduced as described
Please ensure you read our rules prior to your return to our servers.
Reference URL's