[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Tingle's Treasure Hunt! #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TREASURE TO BE FOUND

€25,000 is hiding somewhere on Kyoto!

Brief

I've decided to plant some treasure on the map in the run up to the Gumball, so if you're looking to raise some extra cash, this might be a good helping hand. I will do it a few times in the coming days, depending on how successful people are at finding the treasure.

How to take part

You can take part right now. To do so, you must download an InSim application that will tell you where you roughly are relative to the treasure. The application will also allow you to 'dig' for the treasure.

To get started now, click here.

How to use the application

1. Download it using the URL above.
  2. Open LFS (that is, before you launch the InSim application).
  3. Type '/insim 29999' and hit enter if the port is not already open.
  4. Run it, enter your username when asked to and drive around, trying to find the treasure using the commands below.
If you do open the application before running LFS, go back to LFS, type /insim 29999', go back to the application, click on the red crosshair in the status bar and click 'Connect'.

NOTE: The application must be able to access http://treasurehunt.mooo.com, otherwise it will not be able to determine your location, relative to the treasure's location. If you are still having issues, double check you have the latest version of .NET Framework, https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework and then reinstall the application.

Commands
  • /o treasure_dig - To dig for treasure. I strongly recommend you assign a bind for this.
  • /o treasure_cycle - If the buttons aren't displaying due to interference with other InSim applications, use this command until they display.

Rules
  1. You must be in a 'VV. HOT' zone in order to use the dig command.
  2. You must be stationary to dig.
  3. You must be on a [TC] server to dig for treasure.
  4. There must be 20* seconds between each dig.
  5. For a dig to be successful, you must be within 10m* of the treasure.
  6. If you find the treasure using 'unconventional' methods, this will also be awarded, but not if I find you first.

Complete Video Tutorial

With regards to 00:17: If you do open the application before running LFS, go back to LFS, type '/insim 29999', go back to the application, click on the red crosshair in the status bar and click 'Connect'.

Other
  • Where you see an asterisk (*), this is indicating that such parameters are subject to change depending on the experience. If it is proving too hard or too easy to find the treasure, such parameters will be adjusted accordingly. These changes may or may not be announced depending on their severity.
  • If you would like to compile the application yourself, please PM me for the source.
  • As soon as I've seen a winner has been determined, the InSim €25,000 will be transferred.
  • To remove all traces of the application, open 'Program and Features' (found in the Control Panel) and uninstall it.
  • The host of the back end do their back ups at 2AM British Time, meaning a dramatic slow down can be expected around then. When this happens, the status/zone button may say 'Initialising'.
  • If updates are available, the application will try to apply these on the next load of the application.
  • No one knows where the treasure is except for me. It will not move until it is found.
  • Please post any questions as a reply to this thread, so that others can see the answers given.

Good luck!
Can't seem to get it working, when i open the setup my antivirus holds the file and detects a virus and when I disable my antivirus I open the treasure hunt it doesn't do anything!
(2017-07-12 02:21)xMosali Wrote: [ -> ]Can't seem to get it working, when i open the setup my antivirus holds the file and detects a virus and when I disable my antivirus I open the treasure hunt it doesn't do anything!

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking access to http://treasurehunt.mooo.com (on port 80) because it's showing me you're not registered, meaning it's not actually received anything from you.

If it can't access the URL, it can't calculate where you are relative to the treasure.
Nicely organized, well done. Thumbup

€: This should be pinned on top near the gumball countdown timer.
Suggestion: Add a command like /o autodig[+/-] so that it "digs" every 20 seconds without having to press bind || type.
How big is the 'square' that we must sit in to find the treasure?

Is there a proximity leeway at all?
(2017-07-12 05:52)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Add a command like /o autodig[+/-] so that it "digs" every 20 seconds without having to press bind || type.

Thanks! I'll have a look into that.

(2017-07-12 10:24)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]How big is the 'square' that we must sit in to find the treasure?

Is there a proximity leeway at all?

It's actually a circle, not a square, which has a radius of 10m.

It looks as though Nismo's actually won! Congratulations. I'll send the money over soon and reset the treasure location to something new.

NISMO/GARYPANTS WON THE FIRST ROUND!

MORE TREASURE HAS BEEN PLANTED: €25,000 IS HIDDEN SOMEWHERE ON KYOTO

Also note we're now on version 1.0.0.3 as I pushed a bug update out.

NISMO/GARYPANTS WON THE SECOND ROUND (wtf)!

MORE TREASURE HAS BEEN PLANTED AS OF 2PM BRITISH TIME

Parameters have been tightened so that it is now harder to find the treasure. I am still dubious about Nismo's two win streak.

Next prize is €10,000.
Mine doesnt work.. I have followed all the instructions but when I launch it, it says "Verifying application requirement. This may take a few minutes" And then it closes, but is still open in my Task Manager (And murders my CPU as well). Helpppppppppp
(2017-07-12 14:51)pandakid Wrote: [ -> ]Mine doesnt work.. I have followed all the instructions but when I launch it, it says "Verifying application requirement. This may take a few minutes" And then it closes, but is still open in my Task Manager (And murders my CPU as well). Helpppppppppp

It may be trying to install one of the prerequisites. How much time have you given it? You may be better off installing the .NET Framework using the link I provided in the original post, assuming my hypothesis is correct. Then try to run it.
I gave it about 15 minutes, but I had 6 open and that made my cpu absolutely explode, so It probs didnt actually get anywhere.. Ill try the Framework link

Still not working.. if I use the setup.exe it gets to the bit where you click install or dont, then the bar fills, but instead of asking for a username, it just disappears again, to task manager, and then if I launch the shortcut, it just does the Verifying thing, for about 2 seconds then goes invisible again...
(2017-07-12 15:06)pandakid Wrote: [ -> ]I gave it about 15 minutes, but I had 6 open and that made my cpu absolutely explode, so It probs didnt actually get anywhere.. Ill try the Framework link

Still not working.. if I use the setup.exe it gets to the bit where you click install or dont, then the bar fills, but instead of asking for a username, it just disappears again, to task manager, and then if I launch the shortcut, it just does the Verifying thing, for about 2 seconds then goes invisible again...

Have you restarted since installing the framework?
Seems like tightening the parameters has made it a little too hard...

TREASURE INCREASED TO €30,000 AND DIG WAIT INTERVAL REDUCED TO 3 SECONDS

€20,000 kindly donated by Street for the purposes of the competition.
Give me half an hour, I'll have that dug out Wink
Reference URL's