[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Illegal parking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT: Layout on server one has been edited to legalise parking in this area.

Would you say that part where cars are parked in the image is illegal parking?

[Image: Jzj8uFr.jpg]

Btw, the official finelist does state:

TC Finelist Wrote:Illegal parking (40€ - 80€)
It’s illegal to park:
- On the road, including curbs (except side roads)
- On grass
- On cross-hatched areas (except pits)
Looks fine to me. Again, it's not clear cut so who knows. If in doubt and if they're not causing any obstruction, don't fine them for illegal parking.
Absolutely is illegal parking in my eyes. Not designated spaces and is not on a side road.
I already gave my opinion on the server and it's basically the same as Ash's. I have parked there as COP to watch traffic admittedly, but I don't think it's a safe spot to have lots of cars right beside the busiest road in Westhill.

Also, surely that counts as being on the road still? The only thing separating it is a texture.
(2017-07-15 13:22)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Looks fine to me.

(2017-07-15 13:34)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely is illegal parking in my eyes.

Fairly sure this says it all Wink - Use your discretion.
It is illegal parking in my opinion aswell. You are not supposed to park there, there is a parking spot 50m ahead.
I also do think it's illegal but some people disagree - I guess we'll never know Tongue
I got 7 fines in a row yesterday for parking here, in my opinion this is not illegal.
(2017-07-15 13:57)Robiii47 Wrote: [ -> ]I got 7 fines in a row yesterday for parking here, in my opinion this is not illegal.

You must've done it on seven separate occasions then.
It is an illegal place to park in my opinion as well.
In my opinion If they are parked safely and not causing an obstruction then it should be fine,
That stretch of road has more than it's share of problems in terms of people breaking road laws, people parking there isn't even close to being one of them.

Like Pete & Turbo said, if they're out of the way and not causing danger then there's no issue really.
(2017-07-15 14:00)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-15 13:57)Robiii47 Wrote: [ -> ]I got 7 fines in a row yesterday for parking here, in my opinion this is not illegal.

You must've done it on seven separate occasions then.

I was parked, i got a ticket and got told to move, so i moved forward, got another fine, and it went on and on.
Illegal tho, but I never fined them just asked them to move.
I mean, it's not blocking the road in any way, if cops can't do pit manouvers there, boohoo.
I got fined 2-3 times aswell, cops made some easy money yesterday at that spot Biggrin
I mean, what's wrong with people parking there. If parked correctly, they do not endanger the traffic in anyway, if they pull out while a car is incoming it's their own fault.
It's in my eyes as Ash said, illegal. It's not separated from the actual road lane in any way, so it's to be counted as a main road. I've always told people to move from there and fined the ones who didn't, it's just very vulnerable spot to have accidents, and people parking there will only make the possible accidents much worse and harder to avoid.
It shouldn't count as a parking fine violation considering it is on the side of the road (a lane that's not used for driving) and a non-curb?
I don't see any problem parking there. In my view, it is clearly separated from the actual road. It doesn't always need a line, a fence or a hedge to separate things.

If you look down from here, it becomes very apparent which bit is the road and which is not.
[Image: ffEKHcB.jpg]

So bottom line, if it's not the road nor the curb, parking is allowed. It may not be the safest spot but that's wasn't the question.
What chuck said. Plus it even has the same color as the other sideroads. After gasstation(from chucks view) its cleary a sidewalk, but not before. Fine to park, for me. Classed as sideroad.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's