[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Give recruits a little more power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do believe recruits are carefully chosen and a level of trust between [TC] and the recruits is implied when making them recruits. Hence, I find it very confusing as to why the recruits have so little power.

Nothing looks more pathetic than seeing this littered in the chat 400 times over to no avail: '[TC] <Recruit>: <Random user> - Hello', '[TC] <Recruit>: <Random user> - Pull over' etc and nothing happens. It really does look ridiculous. Giving more power may also show how they would actually behave when given full privileges. Even being able to force users to return to the pits, auto busting, forcing to UF1 etc would be a huge step forward in my opinion.
-1 in my opinion.

Recruit is technically a trial rank, You can still fail the recruit trial period and not make it into the team.

I've never seen it happen but it's definitely possible.

There's usually an "Admin Attention Needed" thread available for recruits, They can use it to request help of admins who have power.

I believe that power should only be given IF the recruit passes their trial period.

Back in the day when I was a Team Leader, Level 3 Admin was only given if/when the recruit became a Constable.

I've seen higher ranking admins asking people to "Pull over for a chat" and get ignored.
I'm by no means saying to go the full way. However, some privileges, like the ones listed above might make all of the 'Hello', 'Can I talk to you for a moment?' etc, more effective.
(2017-07-23 11:17)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm by no means saying to go the full way. However, some privileges, like the ones listed above might make all of the 'Hello', 'Can I talk to you for a moment?' etc, more effective.

The recruit can get a hold of a higher ranking admin if needed.

Recruits are there to learn how the team operates, giving them power too early is a bad idea.
There are procedures that recruits must follow, it's simply a trial to see how we do and how we will use the powers if we become full admins in the future.

Giving us more power isn't really necessary because we can request an admin which has full admin powers to come online and assist in the situation.

I'm not going to lie, I know exactly where you're coming from and I know it's all due to the incident earlier, but a trial is a trial and we as recruits are in the process of learning to asses each and every situation to the [TC] standard, so I don't personally think anything is going to change power wise for the recruits as it simply makes no sense to do so. Wink
I think the thing about recruitment isn't the actual execution, it is more about getting things right. It isn't about actually banning someone, it's knowing if banning is the right thing to do in that situation.
I can see where you're coming from Tingle, but myself, I don't think we need any more power.
If there is an issue we can deal with, it will be dealt with but if the person ignores us or carries on causing problems, then we must report it to a higher admin, that's our job at the minute. We are being watched to see how we would handle the different situations that arise in the server, we don't need power at the minute as we are still in the learning stages.
Without wanting to give away too much of our internal processes, I'll say this:

Recruits are not full [TC] members/admins, they are on trial. Of course we trust recruits - hence we allow them to represent [TC] by using the tag/skins, however we don't know them fully and we're still teaching them admin stuff and how the team works. That's the whole purpose of the role. They have easy access to [TC] members through various means, so a [TC] member could hop on if a recruit is struggling with a difficult player.

Whilst there is no guarantee anything would change, we could possibly hold an internal discussion as to whether recruits could be given very light admin powers (e.g. pitlane/spec). Any changes would unlikely be effective this recruitment anyway, as discussions/considerations/changes would have to take place properly.
Of course, you can ask an admin to come online, just as I can in the 'admin required' thread. So a recruit is practically as powerful as me?

Furthermore, how are you to know how kick/ban-trigger happy an admin will be without seeing how they wield any form of power, e.g. forcing to UF1? There's at least 1 admin I can think of at the top of my head who would probably not be an admin had their actual style of administrating the servers been observed in the recruitment period.
I'd suggest to atleast discuss the possibility of letting them use /pitlane as it is very effective(getting instant attention, preventing more accidents/rams) and can cause no dmg/harm/ losing trip.

€: Worst case would probably be someone losing a chase unjustified, but i guess that would be rather rare.
(2017-07-23 11:47)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, you can ask an admin to come online, just as I can in the 'admin required' thread. So a recruit is practically as powerful as me?

Furthermore, how are you to know how kick/ban-trigger happy an admin will be without seeing how they wield any form of power, e.g. forcing to UF1? There's at least 1 admin I can think off at the top of my head who would probably not be an admin had their actual style of administrating the servers been observed in the recruitment period.

Let us worry about that. If you have an issue with a current TC member, regardless of rank, speak to their superior rather than question our integrity here.
(2017-07-23 12:03)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-23 11:47)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, you can ask an admin to come online, just as I can in the 'admin required' thread. So a recruit is practically as powerful as me?

Furthermore, how are you to know how kick/ban-trigger happy an admin will be without seeing how they wield any form of power, e.g. forcing to UF1? There's at least 1 admin I can think off at the top of my head who would probably not be an admin had their actual style of administrating the servers been observed in the recruitment period.

Let us worry about that. If you have an issue with a current TC member, regardless of rank, speak to their superior rather than question our integrity here.

What is the use? Nothing will change, that is fairly obvious. Note also, I'm not addressing the entire [TC] cohort.

Have you anything to add regarding my suggestion?
(2017-07-23 12:09)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Have you anything to add regarding my suggestion?

No, I've nothing to add. BP said we will discuss internally after this recruitment period and that's exactly what we'll do. I suspect a few changes will occur for next time around as I do see your point, however we'll announce that after we have a chance to discuss.

(2017-07-23 12:09)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]What is the use? Nothing will change, that is fairly obvious.

PM me your backup for that statement, else I'll ask you apologise for it.

We take any reports against an admin very seriously, and I'm 99% sure you have nothing to substantiate your claim that we don't.

If you don't want to provide any back-up for these wild accusations and you also don't want to apologise for making them, I'd suggest you keep these to yourself else I'll close this thread straight away. We work hard to maintain this community, and I won't let you make these claims without backing them up.

Thanks,
(2017-07-23 12:49)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-23 12:09)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Have you anything to add regarding my suggestion?

No, I've nothing to add. BP said we will discuss internally after this recruitment period and that's exactly what we'll do. I suspect a few changes will occur for next time around as I do see your point, however we'll announce that after we have a chance to discuss.

(2017-07-23 12:09)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]What is the use? Nothing will change, that is fairly obvious.

PM me your backup for that statement, else I'll ask you apologise for it.

We take any reports against an admin very seriously, and I'm 99% sure you have nothing to substantiate your claim that we don't.

If you don't want to provide any back-up for these wild accusations and you also don't want to apologise for making them, I'd suggest you keep these to yourself else I'll close this thread straight away. We work hard to maintain this community, and I won't let you make these claims without backing them up.

Thanks,

I will gather the evidence to support my hypothesis, if it fails to prove what I'm referring to I will apologise. Until then, I will not.

Feel free to lock the thread, seeing as it's served its purpose.
I'll leave it open for now, as you'll need to apologise in here soon Wink
How's the evidence coming along?
(2017-07-28 22:49)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]How's the evidence coming along?

All in due course, Bradley.
Okay, try not to include too much waffle. Hard facts, please, this isn't a school essay.
(2017-07-29 08:23)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, try not to include too much waffle. Hard facts, please, this isn't a school essay.

It'll be in an easy to read format solely for your comprehension W00t
Brad's funeral will be next Friday.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's