[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Indicators on Wheel - No scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a way to bind indicators to buttons on your wheel WITHOUT the use of scrips. This is very simple and takes seconds. Most people proberbly know this, but some people don't so here it goes:

Step 1:

While in-game go into Options --> Controls
[Image: step1.jpg]
Step 2:

Select either the 'CTRL +' or 'ALT +' tab. Im going to use CTRL +
(Doesn't really matter what one you choose, as your going to re bind them anyway)

Step 3:

To the right of the 'Keyboard' column and to the left of the 'Wheel buttons' column there is blank boxes (or filled with text if you already use binds).
You will need 3 empty boxes to use. Put the following into the boxes, im going to use CTRL + F10-F2. It should look like this:
[Image: step3.jpg]
Step 4:

In the column to the the far right (Wheel Buttons), press the '[none]' and press a button on your wheel you want to use as each bind.
/press 7 = Indicator left
/press 8 = Indicator right
/press 0 = Indicators off

[Image: step4.jpg]
that's nice!! but you need 3 buttons, in my wheel are 2 buttons for the indicators, witch scripts the button are for run and stop the indicators Biggrin
My indicators are split across 2 buttons.

Turn left on: press button 1
Turn left off: press button 1 again
etc.
Nice. The program I use is still better though since it includes the clicking sound of the relay and it also stops the indicator when you straighten the wheel Laugh

This is nice way to do it if you don't want external programs or scripts though.
i used to use that but ive lost it now xD
(2012-04-06 13:16)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]Nice. The program I use is still better though since it includes the clicking sound of the relay and it also stops the indicator when you straighten the wheel Laugh

This is nice way to do it if you don't want external programs or scripts though.

Sounds nice, what program is that?
Yeah, it should be on LFSforum. If the dl link doesn't work then someone can upload it here I guess. (I can't because I won't be back home until monday.)
3 free buttons? If I had free buttons I would use them for more binds Laugh
(2012-04-06 16:08)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it should be on LFSforum. If the dl link doesn't work then someone can upload it here I guess. (I can't because I won't be back home until monday.)

Link is in my post. Wink
Ah, yes. Didn't notice as I was writing on my phone. I recommend the program to everyone Thumbup
* Roba Sees. Downloads. Wonders. Throws everything on a trashcan and plays minecraft
If you only have two buttons on your wheel... Do this. It basically works like: Press to turn on, press to turn off. Simples

IndicateLeft.lfs Wrote:/echo < < <
/press 7
/ctrlf 12 //IndicateOff
/ctrlf 11 //IndicateRight

IndicateRight.lfs Wrote:/echo > > >
/press 8
/ctrlf 12 //IndicateLeft
/ctrlf 11 //IndicateOff

IndicateOff.lfs Wrote:/echo - - -
/press 0
/ctrlf 12 //IndicateLeft

Then to ensure these commands are always in place when you execute LFS, open LFS > Data > Scripts > autoexec.lfs

Then create a new line, add:

/ctrlf 12 //IndicateLeft

Done Smile
Ash can you make a clear tutorial from that? Tongue

Would be much appreciated Biggrin
Basically, every quote ive done, is a notepad file with the extension .lfs rather than .txt - Save these in your LFS > Data > Scripts folder.

Then open LFS, and there you go. Smile
Reference URL's