[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Reduce time to be busted for laggers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For example, if their average ping is above, say, 250ms in the past 3 minutes then reduce the time it takes to be busted from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

Or if it isn't possible to do this based on ping, do it based on for how many seconds they have 'LAGGING' on their screen. For example, if they have had 'LAGGING' displayed on their screen for at least 20 seconds in the past 3 minutes, then reduce the time it takes for them to be busted.

Laggers have a clear advantage over cops when it comes to blocking them in. One can simply accelerate with full force and eventually bounce the cops out of the way, which would not normally be possible.

EDIT: Added a public poll, with it being public for a reason
We can't blame people for bad internet or bad connection to the server. I know its annoying when you have someone who is laggy, however that is online gaming and a number of factors go into ping, if someone is lagging and speeding ect you don't HAVE to chase them.

I can only see this making people with bad pings more annoyed then they already are about their ping.

No.
It's a no from me.

I live in Australia, so naturally my ping is 350ish to the servers. This would be unfair if it was brought in. I have 100mb down/2mb up so it's not my fault the server isn't close to me.

No thanks, this makes chases pretty undesirable when I'm using my VPN (consistent and stable 240-260 ping for me with that) or an LTE connection (180-320ms). I also cannot control that fact that the server is on the other side of the planet. I'm sure many other members of our community will relate, especially non-Europeans. We shouldn't penalize others for something they typically cannot control.
Laggers are innately not equal to non-laggers and therefore should not be treated equally. Laggers have an advantage due to their ping and this advantage should be eroded. There is no logic to equality in this case. I can see from the results that this is quite a controversial suggestion.
-1 for the idea. Nobody can be judged in cause he live on a place with bad internet or far away from server.

I also dont think that lagger have a advantage. Yeah its harder to bust them. But its also more easy to pit them. Cause their lag kick them hard. Its not more easy or harder to chase a lagger. Its just diffrent. But only my opinion.

But if there is a need to improve lag-chase. Why not raise the EXP for bust a lagger? Take the average ping of the suspect while chase. For every 100 ms raise the EXP for the cops at 5 %.
(2017-08-14 08:46)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Laggers are innately not equal to non-laggers and therefore should not be treated equally. Laggers have an advantage due to their ping and this advantage should be eroded. There is no logic to equality in this case. I can see from the results that this is quite a controversial suggestion.

How about we ban all non EU players?
(2017-08-14 10:23)Huski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-14 08:46)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Laggers are innately not equal to non-laggers and therefore should not be treated equally. Laggers have an advantage due to their ping and this advantage should be eroded. There is no logic to equality in this case. I can see from the results that this is quite a controversial suggestion.

That would be silly though, wouldn't it? Chases are very different to normal driving. Perhaps your lack of understanding is due to how few hours you've spent as a cop.

(2017-08-14 09:13)Brixton Wrote: [ -> ]-1 for the idea. Nobody can be judged in cause he live on a place with bad internet or far away from server.

I also dont think that lagger have a advantage. Yeah its harder to bust them. But its also more easy to pit them. Cause their lag kick them hard. Its not more easy or harder to chase a lagger. Its just diffrent. But only my opinion.

But if there is a need to improve lag-chase. Why not raise the EXP for bust a lagger? Take the average ping of the suspect while chase. For every 100 ms raise the EXP for the cops at 5 %.

Nobody is judging anybody. The fact of the matter is, you are at an advantage if you're lagging during a chase, this would remove the advantage. Why raise the experience if you bust a lagger if we should 'not judge someone based on where they live'. You are contradicting yourself.

It is a shame people are attempting to be politically correct when it is solely a case of whether there is an unfair advantage or not, which there is.
I've had that happen before when someone has 300+ping they are literally impossible to box. I don't know if that solution would make things better but i'd like to trial it.

Personally i live on the other side of the globe with a terrible ISP and i still get around 100ms, so unless you're from australia/nz it shouldn't even affect you.
(2017-08-14 10:51)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is judging anybody. The fact of the matter is, you are at an advantage if you're lagging during a chase, this would remove the advantage. Why raise the experience if you bust a lagger if we should 'not judge someone based on where they live'. You are contradicting yourself.

It is a shame people are attempting to be politically correct when it is solely a case of whether there is an unfair advantage or not, which there is.

No you missunderstand me. I dont contradicting myself.

First is my personal opinion. The second one is just a suggestion for a solution. Cause I can have a opinion and think about the point of the other too. Wink
I'm not being politically correct, lol. That same subjective "advantage" laggers apparently have can also be an advantage for the non-lagging cops, and this comes from years of experience as a cop on [TC] and from being a TOW/RES.

If a driver has a steady ping of 750ms or less and doesn't spike, there isn't an issue. If it's routinely spiking at 1.6 to 2.0, then there's a problem. However I am not convinced that making it easier for the police to bust would be an appropriate solution. 250ms would be way too low of a ping for this idea to be viable, anyway.
(2017-08-14 10:51)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-14 10:23)Huski Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be silly though, wouldn't it? Chases are very different to normal driving. Perhaps your lack of understanding is due to how few hours you've spent as a cop.

I will simplify my first response here so I know it'll get through.

You are not obliged to chase anybody, if someone has a ping thats high and you know you may get triggered because of it don't chase them.

Now if you see this as me being harsh, no, I'm putting it bluntly.
Aussies be hatin'
(2017-08-14 13:13)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]Aussies be hatin'

Captain obvious right here.. well why would we? it would be unfair to us and the rest of the world this were brought in, you aren't only inconveniencing me, it's everyone outside of the sever location you would inconvenience. Sure it's only 2 seconds you're taken off but it's still unfair. If they were to change it, change it for everyone from 5 seconds to 3, not just people who have high pings.
(2017-08-14 15:20)StatGear Wrote: [ -> ]

Captain obvious right here.. well why would we? it would be unfair to us and the rest of the world this were brought in, you aren't only inconveniencing me, it's everyone outside of the sever location you would inconvenience. Sure it's only 2 seconds you're taken off but it's still unfair. If they were to change it, change it for everyone from 5 seconds to 3, not just people who have high pings.

You know what's unfair? When someone with a high ping can't get box cause everyone just bounce off him.
(2017-08-14 15:27)Ph4nToM Wrote: [ -> ]

You know what's unfair? When someone with a high ping can't get box cause everyone just bounce off him.

Well as I said, simple, don't just punish one group of players. Punish everyone, drop the 5 seconds to 3 seconds for all. = problem solved
(2017-08-14 15:51)StatGear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-14 15:27)Ph4nToM Wrote: [ -> ]

Well as I said, simple, don't just punish one group of players. Punish everyone, drop the 5 seconds to 3 seconds for all. = problem solved

I don't think you're getting it StatGear....
No, I get it Adam, but why punish the guys with the high pings when it's not their fault it's high? I don't understand that logic.
You could move closer?
(2017-08-14 16:07)StatGear Wrote: [ -> ]No, I get it Adam, but why punish the guys with the high pings when it's not their fault it's high? I don't understand that logic.

Nah, I don't think you're getting it.

People with high pings have an unfair advantage in a chase, especially when being boxed, applying this change to everyone would not make a difference to this as the unfair advantage would still exist - Hence why it would be applied to people with high pings only.

It's not 'punishing' anyone, it's an attempt to make it fair, it's a balancing act to mitigate the lag.

I don't understand your frustration, some cops won't even bother chasing those who lag because they know it's pointless and likely to be a waste of time. I know I'd be a whole lot richer hadn't it been for other people's lag.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's