[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thought I'd give one to you guys. TC is an amazing server and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Moving onto from the well requested layoutting series on the LFS forum (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts) which have provided tracks for the acclaimed Rony'sTFR,
I'm now here to revitalise some layouts for you.

Thus... presenting..
[Image: 2bbd1c1287835f9588ab7a8652dd2b97.png]

NOTICE : READ BOTTOM FOR UPDATES TO VER2.2, PAGE 2 FOR VER 2.3
South City (Sydney)
As per Porsche's recent tinker, I've gotten several ideas in mind that would certainly be a very good addition.
(as of today, Carl has the layout. If you guys at TC have received the forementioned from him in discussion please do check it out. Thanks!)

Final Beta (Ver 2.1)
I have done a major overhaul of the Highways, traffic system, junctions and lanes. As a layoutter, open to all feedback on changes, or positive remarks! They certainly help me do my job!
Apologies if images are poor quality. My laptop is having a meltdown Sad

Just few things that have changed :
> Junction of High Street and Highway 1
[Image: 295477c34921e17102d4647f0c2f3a21.png]
Roundabout has now been replaced by a realistic classic H style flyover viaduct system. The highway will now be one long stretch connected from the top of Stn Boulevard to Mendora Bend. To cross over to High Street, there will be two viaducts leading up to a raised junction that will filter the traffic. Traffic systems will be in place.
Opted for this over a red light junction, because.. I doubt polish or Titebond will fix your car after a 190kph T-bone. You get the picture!

This will hopefully improve the overall flow of Highway 1 and reduce the awkwardness negotiating the clumbersome Roundabout.

> Station Bvld to Archway
(EDITED IN VER 2.2 BELOW)
[Image: da74c92b1d0113f3d49aa469300f11e8.jpg]
The awkward T junction Porsche introduced has been extensively worked on. Lanes have been freed and a better traffic system has been put in place to reduce accidents. Archway has now been given a seperation divider as well as higher kerbs to prevent awkward flips.
[Image: 8929de6074351f546180508cf3580c44.png]

> Station Bvld to Highway 1 corner
(EDITED IN VER 2.2 BELOW)
[Image: f4ae3fd7df77b33f18a6091742a4c4ec.png]
The accident prone Turn 1 has now been divided into two seperate lanes. Left will be for continuation on the street while a right lane will allow for U turns, and to cross to parking space.
Barriers have been erected to prevent flipovers to oncoming traffic.

> Pit entrance

Pit entrance has now been reduced to a solo entry point (High St). This is to prevent accidents on the V intersection connecting Pitlane to Hw1. To join Highway 1 from High Street, one will now have to bypass the viaduct. This should hopefully increase cruising suitability and reduce accidents.

> Bridge Freeway
[Image: 94e0c1aee1e55d53d59f421495fb8f9d.png]
Bridge Freeway bottleneck exit point to Mendora Bend has now been widened.
The uphill ascent to join High Street has also been remade, to widen the space and close wall gaps.

> Random wall gaps

Gaping holes in dividing armco have been sealed and/or reduced in size. Certain places include (and are not limited to) : High speed Highway 1, Bridge Freeway, Foster Street. This is to reduce the frequent illegal U turns that result in major accidents, as well as to facilitate better traffic flow. Small gaps are still available to be exploited in chases (blocked by railings), but unless there is a need to, abstain from using them.

> Pitlane 2
[Image: f61a4cc2ada9fb1353f8faa0cd258bd8.jpg]
Pitlane two has been given a 2 lane entry exit.

All changes as of 20th Aug have been carefully made below 2050 parts (I think 204X) for roadblock use, HWA etc.
There are other small changes that may make this list too long. If introduced to TC Sydney, you will be able to see them.

Cheers.

(Courtesy of AOR Nova and *Nova's Really Good Circuit Layouts.)
p/s Sorry to all layoutters if I stole your job.. I'm just doing mine Smile
Enjoy the other panoramic shots below:

[Image: 7b61e5c5005e150eab39785d600492f3.png]
[Image: b071f323a0f912d8e06a6389d0389ab9.png]
[Image: 0804de35123db99f16141f48c8fd74ba.png]
[Image: 683bd7109e12a5586d52fa146b8b1329.png]
Could you maybe add a poll? It's a good way of gathering opinions.
I would do it myself, but you edited the thread recently so I don't want to risk overwriting anything (if you're e.g. editing now as well).
I like it, it looks amazing with the bridges!
looks amazing man
Look good - it would definitely give the layout a much needed spicing up, in my opinion.

+1
That looks really good.
Looks awesome, cant wait to try it out!! Biggrin
+420 Instant change it now!
Pretty cool ideas, i have to say.
+1 looks much better
Nova, you keep making great looking layouts, I like it as I have done with Scawens Raceway and LMAORing when you first showed them to me, looks nice and smooth as well as removing the 2 horrible roundabouts (IMO) that were right and unwieldy to navigate at speed.

Big +1 to this.

Note; I don't forgive you for the runoff road still >:C
Thank you for all the positive remarks as well as suggestions! As part of the constant strive for excellence, Beta build v2.2 is being worked on, with slight edits and will be shown tomorrow morning.

Do vote, as well as comment your preference or if you have any feedback. If you have anything to suggest, tell me! Don't downvote without helping me out! Greatly appreciated!

Cheers

(if you downvote for no reason, I'll get Daklan to find you. And he will kill you.)
love it!! great work man..!!! looking forward to drive it!
Great work !
(2017-08-18 18:28)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ](if you downvote for no reason, I'll get Daklan to find you. And he will kill you.)

Just for the record, I don't approve of this statement.

Good job though Nova!
READ
Beta Ver 2.2
Updates
Thank you for all your responses here and the feedback on the TC Discord as well!

Several changes have been made per request to smooth out streets.
The changes are listed below, and Ver2.2 will be given to BP and Carl for review (Apart from below, nothing else has changed from 2.1.)

> Station Bvld to Highway 1
[Image: 088ca3394d0b38f83395f320879e10f9.jpg]
The top end corner has now been transformed for better traffic flow! Taking into consideration several feedbacks and opinions, a third lane has been created for right turns or U turns. Therefore, the main street will now be opened up to 2 lanes instead of the single! This should allow for much less accidents as well as facilitate right turns!

> Pitlane 1 Exit
[Image: 0a0adf1c333a65714f400174a3babe2b.png]
Pitlane 1 Exit has now been incoorperated with 2 small humps. This is to reduce merging accidents that have been seen often. Also, the single lane merge just after the blind left turn under the bridge has been slightly moved forward and widened. This should allow for smoother filtering as well as more space should an accident take place.

>Station Bvld to Archway
[Image: 0ea9a9c35597d43f64021c3d6b55a1d0.jpg]
The junction at Stn Bvld has now officially been given 2 lanes on each side. This is to open up the tight confines of the street as well as facilitate moving overs for chases. This should also prevent tailbacks and allow for easier navigations. Kerbs have also been raised at pinch point to prevent you from going turtle.
Traffic system has also been given a rework. You shall never miss the lights now!

With these changes, I do hope cruising in Sydney will be a much more enjoyable experience, and chases to be much less accident prone.
Once again, feedback is welcome and I hope to see this course implemented in due time Smile

Cheers!
Courtesy of AOR Nova & Nova's really good circuit layouts
Great to see so much effort going into this with lots of suggestions being taken into account.

I'll take some time to test this later and we'll discuss internally!
Ah, welcome Brad. I've also magically done all changes within <2030 parts. A huge achievement in my books seeing that it wasn't an easy feat!
Once again, thanks to all and if you lads have any opinions feel free to drop them here or through PM in Discord.
Not sure if i like the use of concrete but apart from that it is cool
Just as a heads up - if this does go to trial, I'll be continuously developing as I see the server run. Any small issue or fumble with a certain area, I'll be quick to address. It certainly won't be 100% smooth from the get-go, but that's where feedback and opinions come in.

Do keep providing feedback and what you think can be changed (both from the images and during trial) and I'll give a good consideration! You can bump me in Discord or here.

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's