[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Thread Closed - Proceed to new poll (Montana TC Ver)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
REDUNDANT

Continuing on the giving back to you guys.
Here's an rework for Montana (Aston). Lots of thinking caps were discarded in the process.

Moving onto from the well requested layoutting series on the LFS forum (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts) which have provided tracks for the acclaimed Rony'sTFR,
I'm now here to revitalise some layouts for you.

Thus... presenting..
[Image: 2bbd1c1287835f9588ab7a8652dd2b97.png]

Aston (Montana)
NOTE : READ ON FOR VER 2.0 AND BOTTOM FOR FINAL BETA 2.1. CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE.

Final Beta V1.9
This rework was by far one of the toughest yet. Aston is a long track, and parts are scarce to work with. Managing to keep the part count below 2060, I've altered several junctions, and moved the roundabout to somewhere where accidents are way more prone. I hope this will improve the cruising experience here at Montana.
I am aware that Montana hasn't got much needed to change. Certain changes I've done can indeed be done without, whilst others can be considered. Do drop your comment on what you think should and what shouldn't be put in!
If you have any opinions or feedback, please add them in below! It will help me decide on stuff for Montana. Being a layoutter, I'm open to all feedback.

Just a few things have changed :

>Highway 1 to Lower Hillside
[Image: 7dc63002ddff489fcfa1325a82f76826.jpg]
The loose roundabout has been removed and a traditional T junction has been introduced. This reduces awkwardness navigating the RB, as well as to facilitate more respectable driving. Traffic systems have been put in place and road markings as well.
[Image: ab9b5aabec576edb28f7c948caef6312.jpg]

>Main street to Pond Lane
[Image: 52492758d79983b572846787b541ae01.jpg]
The messy viaduct triangle has been reworked and smoothened out. Lanes have been slightly opened up and the junction has been given an extra set of lights. The light posts heading North have been moved forward. Filter lanes have also been introduced to reduce the chances of tailbacks.
[Image: b0eae27c4eb95d4988f2594507b50eae.jpg]

> Main Street to Corkscrew
[Image: f93cd17a0b869507d2be12ff1aad89c9.jpg]
The high speed T junction with no lights has been given a much safer Roundabout system. The roundabout was underpotentialised at Highway 1, and I believe it serves much better purpose here. Cars will have much less chance of running into each other in T bones, and lesser risks are involved.
Other considerations for this junction were : Flyover, H Viaduct. Roundabout chosen due to parts/feedback.

> Hillside Pass T Junction
[Image: 61077e7e808380f64f5769b946a8c9ce.jpg]
Junction has been reworked to make it more approachable and to reduce the chances of a T bone incident. Two lanes have been created to ease traffic flow.

> Gas station
[Image: b1e73bb06b32758bfe22b7fdee1497db.jpg]
Want some gas? Well, you can get it much easier now. The measly Gas station has been opened up with a brand new carpark and 2 more pit spots.

There are several more changes, particularly the removal and replacement of most tires with lines make the roads less messy, as well as several junction reworks in the style such as Hillside Pass. Course has been given to several TC members, I hope you guys like it!
Once again, please do bump your opinions in! Helps me do my job.
Drive safe, and stay cool.

Cheers
(Courtesy of AOR Nova and Nova's really good circuit layouts) Smile

Enjoy the other panoramic shots of other renditions below :
[Image: ff99e49d6c91929fbcf6166efc275de8.jpg]
[Image: f056c15df15d4d756765af57649a05a3.jpg]
[Image: 53344ba30da63879d7a852a51f11911a.jpg]

Administrator Message by: Dan

Closed on OP's request
I personally like Montana the way it is. I think it's pretty much perfect. However, nice effort.
-1 from me.

That said, there are some decent ideas that could be worth trying.
Mhm. I feel some can be left alone. Others like the Gas station and the junctions are the ones I'd be pushing for!
i like it.. good point for rb relocation.. +1 from me
I don't want any changes to Aston, it is awesome as it is!
I'm happy with RB where it is, but the cosmetic stuff I very much like, as well as removing (as I dubbed it) the "death triangle" of Main Street to Pond Lane.

+1 to the idea's I've stated above
-1 to the RB re-lo
I don't like the removal of the roundabout between HW1 and Lower Hillside, I would prefer it as it is and don't think a traffic light system would work much better there anyway.

Also you don't seem to be able to turn into Hillside Pass from Hillside Road at the proposed new T-junction? That can't be right.

Other than those things, they seem like decent suggestions.
I didn't mind the sydney one. But Montana i would rather keep mostly as it is right now Smile
@Audiojack You still can, there's a lane for it on the right side. From the image it's positioned as (Oncoming (i.e turning right from main road)/ Turn left lane / Straight on).

@Huskii Mhm, the roundabout relocation and lights junction is just an idea. Based on your feedback, it seems it's not needed at the moment! Thank you!
Besides those 2, the other reworks should be good to implement. The death triangle has been reduced slightly in size to open up the road, and the edges of the sliproad kerbs have been aligned with the proper lanes (the current death triangle overlaps into the straight ahead lane, which as you know.. causes chaos lol)

I agree I put more work into Sydney. It took me 4 hours to make (1 hour was just to figure out how to elevate the flyover! Much more in depth and work put into Sydney, definitely.

Thank you for all your suggestions, keep them coming! If you're unaware of the Sydney Beta, head over to the other thread.
*There will be Version 2.0 for Montana tomorrow, with all the considerations taken into account from you guys. Some changes will be the reintroduction of the roundabout to Highway 1, the removal of roundabout at the Main St.

Cheers!
Aston is spot on as it currently is, it shouldn't be messed with.
+1 to >Highway 1 to Lower Hillside idea.
-1 to > Main Street to Corkscrew roundabout idea.

+1 to some > Gas station change. Currently it's kinda simple and little dull. I'd like to see something new tbh.

Also i'm really not a fan of those flippy white curbs. Kinda spammy as well. Maybe you would need less objects for them if u used triangle objects.
I dislike traffic lights, causes traffic jams where it is possible to keep the traffic moving.

-1, sorry, thanks for the efforts though.
UPDATE
Montana Ver2.0

A very big thank you to all that have provided feedback both ingame, forum as well as TC Discord! Thank you Simox, Barney, Howlin, Audiojack, Huski, BP and many more. I have taken into consideration everyone's opinions and have redone some of the fixtures in v1.9. Your feedback is dear to me, and I hope it has proved to have done better alterations for this version.

That being said, if you prefer/wish to implement/like the new changes from 1.9 to 2.0 that are listed below, I wouldn't mind an upvote! If you have downvoted before due to 1.9, but like 2.0, I would be very grateful if you were to revote. Once, again, thank you very much! Smile

Changes
Along with the ones listed below, other small changes include the raising of the glitchy kerbs by one stud as recommended, as well as more wall gaps as feedbacked by Barney. Thank you for your responses!

> Main Street to Corkscrew
[Image: c864415b0389406284c831fcd1d15311.jpg]

The roundabout has been removed and the T junction has been reinstated. The only changes are more distinct lanes for a cleaner look and to prevent filtering accidents. Much else remains the same, and cruising at speed will be no issue!

> Main Street to Pond Lane
[Image: 324ed0504039330f280fa78667852425.png]
The lanes have been widened and the "Death triangle" (thank you Huski haha) has been flattened and given a armco to prevent messy accidents. Low kerbs have been raised as well. This junction was painstakingly reworked, and I hope you guys like it!
[Image: c4145b8bffcdaf8c088bcdbd4c28cf4d.jpg]

>Hillside Pass T junction
[Image: b48664ac31006f75db87fbf22dc72cdd.jpg]
The right turn lane into Hillside Pass has been opened and a formal junction created. You can still go on straight from Hillside Pass to Hillside Road with no issue. Thank you Audiojack for your opinions!

> Highway 1 to Lower Hillside
[Image: a183e106257fa1743123ac616a3ce675.jpg]
The roundabout has been reinstated and the T Junction has been removed. Feedback was crucial to this idea and although the Junction idea was unique, the community's feedback was important and preference to the roundabout was considered. Thank you!
The lazy roundabout has been formalised to reduce accidents from high-speed entries. Turning lanes have also been seperated from the main road.
(This is subject to change. If feedback prefers the original roundabout, I'm more than happy to return it.)

> Gas Station
[Image: bfe38648a171a3a3e7626b5848a29e52.jpg]
As earlier, it has been revamped! More parking space, better aesthetics and of course, more pit lots. Turning lanes have been created to ease traffic as well!

*I hope you guys like this newer version. Wasn't easy to redo as I had to restart the construction of many places! However, it's all for the community, and I'm glad all of you have reacted and feedbacked in the way you did. Thank you very much!
As usual, I am open to further feedback and opinions, just drop them below! It helps me dearly.
And of course, if you like 2.0 now, I would love if you turned your downvotes to ups! I'll give each of you some buffalo wings too. Smile

Cheers!
(Courtesy of AOR Nova and Nova's really good circuit layouts)
(2017-08-20 06:21)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]The roundabout has been reinstated and the T Junction has been removed.

The lazy roundabout has been formalised to reduce accidents from high-speed entries. Turning lanes have also been seperated from the main road.

That looks much better for controlling the traffic flow without slowing it down too much. Nice.

All the other updates seem appropriate too.
nice work ... but for me this is too many barriers
Nice, but the hillside pass T-Junction massively encourages wrong siding if going from Hillside lane straight on
(2017-08-20 19:21)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, but the hillside pass T-Junction massively encourages wrong siding if going from Hillside lane straight on

That's true... I was sort of thinking about that with my previous feedback but didn't think of the possibility of wrongsiding.
(2017-08-20 19:21)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, but the hillside pass T-Junction massively encourages wrong siding if going from Hillside lane straight on

I agree with the above
Hmm @Aj Brad Nathan
Thanks for that, makes sense now with the feedback. I'll see what I can adjust for the next version.

@Titan
I got that from some people too. I'll bring back the style of the original roundabout, seems @Huski was the voice of many on that.

Thanks again all!
FINAL LOT OF UPDATES, NEW THREAD CREATED, VIEW AT http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=27173
(only changes if definitive from now onwards)
Final Beta Montana V2.1

Hello once again, and thank you all for your generous feedback. Version 2.1 has improved a long way since 1.9, and with all the opinions and feedback it's easy to see why. All the changes and tweaks could not be possible without all of your help, and I owe one to all of you for helping develop this course.
Sydney's course is practically finalised, and optimally I'd like to get Montana finalised as well! (I don't think BP or Carl likes having 4 versions of the same course Sad )

If there is any changes to be made, please do feedback below again! However, as this is in post-alpha build; unless changes are deemed mandatory, nothing should change. Of course, unless something is horribly wrong, then I'll attend to it.

Changes from 2.0 to 2.1 :

> Highway 1 to Lower Hillside Junction/Roundabout
[Image: be1379174896a57800aab129372caf3c.jpg]
The area which was highly debated about. This could only have been possible with your feedback with was crucial in me making decisions.
What has been done is the tighter neater roundabout in 2.0 has been ditched for the original-style roundabout present in the server's today.
It's still your same roundabout underneath, just that lanes have been opened to free up the Lwr Hillside > Main St. This should definitely help with traffic flow, and reduce major accidents with slow RB traffic and fast chases running through.
[Image: c57320938eb561afb720ee858e4b40a2.jpg]

I'm here to make things better, not worse, and I do hope what I've done for this roundabout (the entire build as a whole!) pays off. I sincerely hope you like these changes!

> Gas Station
[Image: 79d68161ef5fcc9f19b4c09beacfd0e6.jpg]
Not much changes in particular here, just a few fine tunings of the filter lanes, a left turn lane into the station.

> Hillside Pass to Hillside Road
[Image: 8d14671adf48dda1d48160f764e3bcec.jpg]
[Image: 028cbb4474ae7510d553a22db6f1d109.jpg]
A major thank you to AJ for point out the major flaw with the T junction!
Changes have been made to discourage wrong waying, which include the removal of the triangle junction, the opening of the barriers to the right as well as a stop lane for left-turns. Traffic flow should be much better here, and with a bigger (correct) right lane, wrong waying should be less of an occurance now.

Once again, I hope you guys like 2.1. Lots of effort, thinking and addressing has been done to cater to cruiser's needs, which again, could not be possible with your help.
If you would, upvote if you agree with 2.1. V1.9 wasn't the best and I know it.

Once this build is settled the Alpha-testing team consisting of Daklan, Lose, Stealy, Raphi and Adam will take over the role of pilot testing for further opinions.
Thank you for your support as always Smile

Cheers
(Courtesy of AOR Nova and *Nova's really good circuit layouts)
Reference URL's