[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: *REVOTE Nova's really good circuit layouts (Montana TC Ver)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Decided to redo the polling with a final now with ample changes from the original alpha to the Final Beta version. I do hope 1.9 will be put in the past - I've noted the unwanted changes from it and taken your feedback and put it to good use.
If the vote bias is still negative, I won't take it to heart. I've done what is possible with your help, and I know some things just won't go down well as a whole. That said, I do hope you guys like V2.1! Smile
Let's get it started.

Here's an rework for Montana (Aston). Lots of thinking caps were discarded in the process.

Moving onto from the well requested layoutting series on the LFS forum (https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts) which have provided tracks for the acclaimed Rony'sTFR,
I'm now here to revitalise some layouts for you.

Thus... presenting..
[Image: 2bbd1c1287835f9588ab7a8652dd2b97.png]

Aston (Montana)
Final post-Beta V2.1
Version 2.1 has improved a long way since 1.9, and with all the opinions and feedback it's easy to see why. All the changes and tweaks could not be possible without all of your help, and I owe one to all of you for helping develop this course.
Sydney's course is practically finalised, and optimally I'd like to get Montana finalised as well! (I don't think BP or Carl likes having 4 versions of the same course Sad )

If there is any changes to be made, please do feedback below again! However, as this is in post-alpha build; unless changes are deemed mandatory, nothing should change. Of course, unless something is horribly wrong, then I'll attend to it.

Changes observed :

http://www.strawpoll.me/13761827 POLL FOR TYPE OF RB LANE
Read this below for the options!
>Lower Hillside Road/Main Street/Hwy 1 Roundabout
Thanks to Pete, Frozen and Nathan for feedback!
There are now two versions (with one slight change between each) of the traditional roundabout - and I need your help to choose which is better!
The change I need feedback on is the area through from Lwr Hillside to Main Street, particularly in how this bit of the RB should be made.

First option : Traditional TC style
[Image: 1d67cd230bd7c3a9b15b56fc629e58c6.jpg]
[Image: 90287b767a4a5dac816ff0fd25356908.png]
Along with the rest of the changes to the Roundabout that you all like, I've brought the curved barrier back. This can be seen on the right side of the road in the second image, protruding out to the road. Pete's suggested that without it, the speeds will be too high, and Wrong-waying is encouraged. Do you share the same opinion, and would you vote for this design? OR....

Second option : Double lane with anti-WW walls at Main St
[Image: a765ce0568b02ccb62b9023d530c07bc.jpg]

There will be a fast lane from Lwr Hillside to Main Street seperated from the RB, so slow traffic and fast chases won't intercept. As with Pete's concerns, a row of barrier has been erected at the pinch point just approaching the RB on Main St, so to strongly discourage last minute switch to WW (if they do, they will either have to slow down dramatically to switch at the gap close to the RB, or risk a wipeout), as well as to slow people down coming down Lower Hillside onto Main St for the merge (if they don't same thing - they wipeout on the seperation divider).
Also makes sure people are on the right side before approaching the gas station!

Which version would you choose? Take the poll here to decide!
http://www.strawpoll.me/13761827

> Main Street to Pond Lane
[Image: 324ed0504039330f280fa78667852425.png]
The lanes have been widened and the "Death triangle" (thank you Huski!) has been flattened and given a armco to prevent messy accidents. Low kerbs have been raised as well. This junction was painstakingly reworked, and I hope you guys like it!
[Image: c4145b8bffcdaf8c088bcdbd4c28cf4d.jpg]

> Gas station
[Image: b1e73bb06b32758bfe22b7fdee1497db.jpg]
Want some gas? Well, you can get it much easier now. The measly Gas station has been opened up with a brand new carpark and 2 more pit spots.
[Image: 79d68161ef5fcc9f19b4c09beacfd0e6.jpg]

> Hillside Pass to Hillside Road
[Image: 8d14671adf48dda1d48160f764e3bcec.jpg]
[Image: 028cbb4474ae7510d553a22db6f1d109.jpg]
A major thank you to AJ for point out the major flaw with the T junction!
Changes have been made to discourage wrong waying, which include the removal of the triangle junction, the opening of the barriers to the right as well as a stop lane for left-turns. Traffic flow should be much better here, and with a bigger (correct) right lane, wrong waying should be less of an occurance now.

Once again, I hope you guys like 2.1. Lots of effort, thinking and addressing has been done to cater to cruiser's needs, which again, could not be possible with your help.
Once this build is settled the Alpha-testing team consisting of Daklan, Lose, Stealy, Raphi and Adam will take over the role of pilot testing for further opinions.
Thank you for your support as always, and have a good one!

Cheers
(Courtesy of AOR Nova and *Nova's really good circuit layouts)
Quote:The lanes have been widened and the "Death triangle" (thank you Huski!) has been flattened and given a armco to prevent messy accidents. Low kerbs have been raised as well. This junction was painstakingly reworked, and I hope you guys like it!
Your very welcome Nova.

I like the edits, the change on RB1 to avoid it coming from that way is very nice too, will deffo add (if its implemented) RB back to my Montana cruise route.

You're*
I dont think its a great idea having the roundabout so open from hillside to main street. You could easily hit 100+ through that roundabout.

At least currently we have to slow down a little even if its a small lift

You would be introducing a large closing speed difference as the roundabout traffic is fairly slow at this point.
(2017-08-21 14:49)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think its a great idea having the roundabout so open from hillside to main street. You could easily hit 100+ through that roundabout.

At least currently we have to slow down a little even if its a small lift

You would be introducing a large closing speed difference as the roundabout traffic is fairly slow at this point.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do. Thanks Nath!
People will be even more tempted to fly down that the wrong way than they are already. -1
Maybe if you add a ramp so that you can't fly down the wrong way it could be OK, but not really my taste either.
Hmm @Pete Frozen Nathan
(Pete you're referring to the RB dual lanes correct? The extra right lane from Lwr Hillside to Main St?)

I'll move the right dual lane bit left and place the C wall extension back out again. Seems like the most safe option - people can't fly by at 100+, and it'd be harder to ww. Thanks now that you've pointed the problems out. Thanks for the Feedback!
I'll update the post tomorrow, its late here Sad

Cheers
ramp or high kerbs on that part could help
(2017-08-21 15:59)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if you add a ramp so that you can't fly down the wrong way it could be OK, but not really my taste either.

+1
i love Montana how it is now, so i vote no, but still great work there!
Hello! There is a seperate strawpoll for the junction, Refer to the original post above for the link! Make sure to view both options before voting, thank you!
I don't wish to be devil's advocate but you're putting in a lot of effort with the risk of potentially no changes being implemented at the end of it... I wouldn't get too invested if I were you - many good (and bad) suggestions made here, including layout changes, have long been forgotten about.
Still No, i am all for the South City changes because those add a bit more life to it but Aston is great as it is and doesn't need change
This is only my personal opinion, but I agree. While the effort is great and is a breath of fresh air, Montana is a great layout as it stands.

However, the Sydney changes are highly likely to be implemented. Not necessarily permanently as mixing-up the layouts every couple of rotations is something I'm keen to try, E. G. Between your suggested layout and the old.

Not sure yet, but rest assured that we will discuss this
(2017-08-22 16:34)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This is only my personal opinion, but I agree. While the effort is great and is a breath of fresh air, Montana is a great layout as it stands.

However, the Sydney changes are highly likely to be implemented. Not necessarily permanently as mixing-up the layouts every couple of rotations is something I'm keen to try, E. G. Between your suggested layout and the old.

Not sure yet, but rest assured that we will discuss this

Mhm. I understood when I started working on Montana the response was not going to be encouraging. This is the final alteration to Montana I'll make. Implemented or not, I can find assurance that I've tried my best (and thank you all for your continuous support, feedback and crucial opinions.)

I'm all for Sydney. The amount of time and effort put to modding that was miles more than Montana.

Once again, thanks to all! Montana will most likely be as it stands, the original.

Cheers

/p.s brad I'm okay with rotation, possibly my lyt, then the original pre-porsche lyt or something similar, correct_
Final poll result (stagnant result since last Monday)
23 ^ 17 v

Poll votes are frozen as of post. Any further votes will not becounted.
Once again, thank you for your continuous support!

Montana was a hard one to do, because so little had to be changed. I see all of your suggestions and taken all into considerations and it has come to light that perhaps Montana should be left as its glorious state right now.

Being said, hopefully some knicks like the new death triangle and certain fixtures can be implemented in the days to come!

Cheers
(Courtesy of AOR Nova and Nova's really good circuit layouts)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90485-N...it-layouts
Reference URL's